Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yay Canada!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

the thread has a weird culture in particular because it's simultaneously a canpol debate thread and a canadian D&D posters chat thread because a lot of us have been posting in there for years and years and so it's full of dumb memes and in-jokes like how the keg is the pinnacle of canadian cuisine

Yeah I don’t post much in D&D in general beyond canpol but it was my understanding the specific country politics threads were always gonna be a little weird and different because you get different posters/different focus/a lot of local culture. I thought that was understood.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Man this is the best loving news. I’m so excited

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Yinlock posted:

tbf it's easy to make that comparison when americans are literally dying from lack of care and we're like "oh god this wait time is so long, this must be the worst medical emergency that has ever happened to anyone"

otoh yeah it sucks and needs changing

Gonna post this from a hospital. I saw a doctor, did some consults, had my surgery today, everyone was on time and conscientious and did a good job. Complaining about hospital ER rooms doing triage properly is whatever.

Only thing I have to pay for is my take-home meds.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

me and my family and extended family have been through multiple parts of our health care system a lot in the past couple years and it's fantastic, I will never stop praising it

that said, it would be nice to have dental and drug coverage publicly

For sure. It ain’t perfect and there’s plenty more that could be improved. But we do do what we do do well is all I’m pointing out.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Don’t knock it till you try it man

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

canada's motto should be "we have no creativity and are very unambitious"

This fits the voyageurs too well to not be real IMO

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Reality Loser posted:

Socialize rain

We tried that it was called the NEB and Alberta STILL hates it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

this is entirely unsurprising and tbh either the rest of the pcs rally around a consensus candidate like elliott or ford probably wins

Yeah ford is like the one guy who could do landslide membership recruits in the short enough time.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hell of an argument when ChairMaster is not only clear, but also right.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Is it just me or does Doug Ford look like the model of a smoothbrain

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Reality Loser posted:

Any chance of the ndp winning in ontario?

Local organizers are jumping to the Libs just because they’re so tired of Horwath doing nothing, so no

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Yinlock posted:

ok i can't exactly blame them but what do they think the libs are going to accomplish

like if the ontario ndp does nothing then the libs do extra nothing

Libs have at least done some boots on the street stuff like the minimum wage increase, the sex Ed changes and so on. I was specifically mentioning the LGBT activist worker someone else touched on running against Horwath in Hamilton Center above (turns out it was in gray forum CanPol). Now that Cheri DiNovo has retired there’s not actually much in the NDP nothingness of a platform for people looking for better queer rights.

The NDP could be doing something but they’re doing nothing. The Liberals have actually been doing something even if it’s not everything.

Arivia has issued a correction as of 09:10 on Feb 17, 2018

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

namaste friends posted:

who can guess what he says here

Is he being interviewed by Aria Giovanni

Also I’m glad we have 3 threads for CI now

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

is this for real? and if so can i parlay my peerage into getting a passport/asylum??

It’s real but you can’t really use it for anything. I’ve never bothered to call myself Arivia, UE because it’s more than a little pretentious. Like the even stuffier Canadian equivalent to the DAR.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
One of my UE lineages is literally an original pilgrim from the fuckin Mayflower. Pretty cool really.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

namaste friends posted:

defund the cbc

Nah this makes sense. Some fucker got off with it this week because the judge was like “well it doesn’t actually meet the letter of the law” for public disturbance or whatever the Crown charged him with. It’s topical and worth discussing.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Canada: Chunky-rear end Mother Fuckers

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

namaste friends posted:

defund the cbc

Yeah what the gently caress is this bullshit

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

You'd think with a whole year to prepare, their NYE special wouldn't be so actively anti-funny and yet every year they prove me an idiot for thinking they could do better.

I missed it this year :(

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Agag posted:

Its embarrassing how many of these alt-right and associated figures are Canadian. They make up half the scene, but out of 1/10th the population.

i mean it's good that we still have a somewhat functioning society that allows for a variety of viewpoints and time spent on cultural pursuits. It's a loving shame that they waste that ability and energy on this

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Reince Penis posted:

Nobody knows for sure but I'd say it's 30 or so people trying very hard to act like anarchists

But something doesn't quite add up imo

"we are the ungovernables" sounds like a proud boys line if anything

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

namaste friends posted:

i still have trouble understanding why a bunch of doughy idiots think it's cool to admit to the world that they're a bunch of fat losers

is gavin mcinnes just performance art

what's the thing where you're just so stupid everyone assumes it must be an act? the name for that. it's that.

shia leboeuf? donald trump? it's donald trump, it's congenital fatal donald trump.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Take that Catholics, Muslims and Proud Boys

at least the cereal is good

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Helsing posted:

According to CBC - reporting what seems to be innuendo and rumors - Doug won the first vote and the recount but Elliot's campaign is appealing because there were 1300 suspiciously cast votes.

Hartley Lefton said it in public in his "go home" message, so it's not just rumours. Exciting.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Helsing posted:

To be clear, Ford is proposing to freeze the minimum wage at $14 not cut it back to 11.60.

still complete loving bullshit

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

barbaric cultural practices

you mean the keg?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Baloogan posted:

absolute family unit

How many metallic crack pipes do I need to collect over the three administrations to make that happen

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

It broke my brain too but that is how desperate they are for good cheese

Please tell me it was like 20 year old specially aged stuff not a block of Medium I’d get at Metro for 4.99.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

It was the 2 year old sharp, so it probably costs $6.99 at Metro
:goleft:

Lol goddamn poor American motherfuckers

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

'old stock canadians' excludes like 90% of lower canadians. it's basically just who harper referred to in england as the 'british race' who are responsible for 'bringing civlization to the world' or whatever phrase his toxo-riddled brain came up with

I guess he got it from eating the cats because I can't imagine harper taking care of pets

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That’s a good question. Isn’t Harper’s NAFTA meddling treasonous?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

James Baud posted:

Did people even know how to have sex in 1998?

Both partners attach their jean jackets to each other to make the protective tent right?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

They're still doing this poo poo? Jesus Christ.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
we're all centrists now

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Yinlock posted:

not really

here's an easy way to check: if you still think the poor should live, even when that belief slightly inconveniences you, then you're not a centrist

:thejoke:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

THC posted:

the CPC's "goes to pride parades" caucus is still called "LGBTory" internally and on Twitter. Seems to mostly tweet about gay American wedding cakes and MeToo gone too far

jesus that is a horrible twitter account for anything even pretending to be gay outreach (lol at them doing anything else for any other queer people).

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

Lets start selling LAV's to inner city gangs in the US?

Let’s void the Safe Third Country agreement with them. Hit Trump where it really hurts :getin:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

well since it's a constitutional issue that effects every municipality in the country, you might.

but hey, here's this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035597354395680774

I mean he's not completely wrong. Those comments were off the record, and Bloomberg did honour that. I just think they kind of happened to fall into Daniel Dale's lap out of an accidentally open Bloomberg briefcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Let me guess, anything short of full throated Zionism is considered anti-Semitic by old Steve