Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Asproigerosis posted:

There is nothing patronizing about my posts. Watching all of this stuff going down is note for note reliving the trump experience here in america. Yall gonna see a right wing lunge from whatever your conservative party is like you wouldn't believe, I promise you.

Frankly I don't know why Canadians are being so defensive about their own homegrown domestic terrorists and that america doesn't influence everything at all times when many of the protestors are screaming about their first amendment rights and carrying confederate flags... I assure you it's ok to accept that the dumbest Canadians around were tricked and gaslit to take up the mantle of a truly awful reactionary astroturfed movement. America loving sucks my dudes.

We already have the People's Party. Either they overtake the CPC completely or get absorbed back into the fold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I mean I'd still like people who are getting takeout to have masks on but for anyone dining in it was a farce to begin with.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Why are we taking anything posted by that Rebel News dipshit at face value?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The promise of removing FPTP worked out so well I'm sure it's fine.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

What if a cop was also a landlord?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Too bad everybody in charge has a vested interest in propping up the bubble.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Ukranian Nazi vs the Bitcoin Nazi :laffo:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Perfect 10/10, no notes

https://twitter.com/michaelleung/status/1545560282256142341?t=GjfUK6OnQ_iyeGtgKmkdWQ&s=19

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Isizzlehorn posted:

*ontario-punches-own-dick-over-and-over.gif*

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's been getting noticeably vocally lovely around here so I'm not surprised by this development but that they've gotten this far along and have ties to American fundamentalists is concerning.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/fundamentalist-christian-movement-1.6793677

quote:

Liberty Coalition Canada, a conservative Christian advocacy group, is trying to raise $1.3 million to recruit hundreds of Christian politicians and campaign staff to run at all levels of government.

In a document marked "please keep classified" that was obtained by CBC News, the group says its ultimate goal is "the most powerful political disruption in Canadian history."

Working alongside Liberty Coalition Canada are dozens of churches across the country, a number of small media outlets and at least one well-funded think-tank.

While theological and political differences exist among them, many supporters of this movement share a vocal opposition to LGBTQ rights and other social justice causes.

Several Canadian pastors in the movement also have ties to a controversial branch of evangelical Christianity in the U.S. known as reconstructionism.

Scholars say reconstructionist ideals — often linked to Christian nationalism, the idea that the United States is a Christian country — are influencing how some Canadian evangelicals are responding to issues like legalized abortion, same-sex marriage and added protections for gender minorities.

A brief note of levity in an otherwise godawful news story:

quote:

The internal Liberty Coalition document obtained by CBC News suggests it is entertaining even grander ambitions for the future.

"Over the next few years, I want to systematically manufacture 10,000 new Christian political candidates across Canada," says the document, which was written by Michael Clark, director of advocacy for the Liberty Coalition.

Clark also writes that he wants to align Canada's laws with "biblical principles."

The document was available to the roughly 500 participants of a religious conference at Harvest Bible Church in Windsor, Ont., last December.

Liberty Coalition Canada was among several groups that set up booths in the exhibitors hall at the conference.

Unaware he was speaking with a CBC News journalist, an individual at its booth handed over a copy of the document, saying it was "a plan to help Christians infiltrate the political system."

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

this is so stupid

https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1666807225632034818

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Set up some guillotines at queens park to show Doug you mean business.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Really funny to see upthread that my shithole province is mad about pronouns and also see this while browsing twitter. Real 'stones in glass houses' moment.

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1696632739032707534?t=1KKTr70OOff_wDG56t7Dig&s=19

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Juul-Whip posted:

i think the most devastating critique you can make of poilievre is that hes ultimately not going to actually do anything radically different than what trudeau is currently doing

My big fear is they lean into American culture war bullshit and start going after trans people.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Arivia posted:

start? what do you think all this poo poo about pronouns in schools is?

I mean more like literally banning transition like what's happening in Texas and Ohio.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Karach posted:

someday a liberal won't disappoint you and you won't be ready for it. it will knock your toque right off

not in my lifetime lol

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vintersorg posted:

ontario is poo poo

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

We haven't learned from the failures of McDonald's pizza....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

DaysBefore posted:

An aggresive pest that harms the native ecology? Sounds pretty appropriate to me

New thread title