Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

yellowcar posted:

toronto police are too busy seizing arquebuses off the streets

this made me remember when during the G20 they seized a bunch of a larper's foam swords that he had on the subway and displayed them for a photo op like they were machine guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
As chairman and CEO of Palestinian Murdering Incorporated I feel it is important for everyone to know that we should really murder more Palestinians, and in fact you all want us to now more than ever. Thank you in advance for publishing my very timely opinion in your newspaper.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Toronto AGO delenda est. Just continuous proof that our country does not give a gently caress about truth or reconciliation, how dare victims of colonialism speak out against obvious ongoing colonialism being supported with our tax dollars. Shut the gently caress up indigenous lady, but DO keep the tax money rolling in we need to give lockheed martin more money.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Canadaland is better than any other canadian media but Jesse was really dumb when he instantly bought the israeli propaganda about the first hospital bombing . I have been expecting him to go back and revisit that since we have now seen israel just non-stop bombing hospitals without even bothering to try and hide it. all this bullshit about what is and is not antisemitism is beside the point, we have plenty of evidence of genocide and crimes against humanity by the state of israel

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm from Saltspring Island, the last census (i think 2021?) shows how about half the population of ~10k people is at or below poverty line, not counting all the seasonal labour, unhoused, etc. There is a huge problem with rich property owners who only come for a few weeks in the summer. imo we need to start identifying these properties and get people squatting in them.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Listen, we simply dont have the money to shelter and feed the children, we need all the money to buy F35s so we can bomb people in the future

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Listen, we need these F35s to bomb the homeless when they get rowdy

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
"u tryin to kill urself motherfucker????? ill fuckin kill u for that!!" - all cops, chanted in unison at training session

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
responsibility for poo poo like endemic drug addiction, homelessness, and everything else caused by poverty should be placed squarely on our leaders, and primarily the two main political parties and the judges they control. our leaders don't tax the rich for poo poo, they let corporate monopolies drive the price of food through the roof, they give billions to american defense contractors while people die on the streets of exposure, they gut environmental protections, they protect pedophile priests and corrupt cops. the only idea they have for changing anything in this country is austerity measures which is just more 'gently caress you' to everyone who isn't the bougie class

until we get rid of the vast majority of these fuckers, reform our political system and get a proper system of taxation that targets the mega rich and the corporations they manipulate, the idea of blaming poor people for doing things that poor people do is sickening. families are poor because the state made them poor, made ghettos, policed them a certain way, often stole their property, threw them into the carceral system, let them get predated on by loansharks, otherised them at every turn to make even people in their same social class look down on them.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
any goons in burnaby? i wanna know what the stink smelled like

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

mila kunis posted:

Oooh Earth Rider

oh long johnson

oh don piano

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

You think that's bad? Some people in this very thread are about to get really mad at me just because I'm about to reveal that I'm having sex with a landlord regularly

retard masturbation is not the same as sex :rolleyes:

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
listen, we can't possibly afford to educate the populace, we need that money for lockheed martin so that we can murder ??? in the future

edit: added the word "listen" so you know it was harper or trudeau saying it

Turpitude has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Feb 21, 2024

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
in a pinch, you can just make a guillotine with 2x4s and a rusty car door held up by some hay bale twine

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm extremely pro-weed and i don't wanna start a whole argument in here but i do personally believe it ain't great for developing minds, ditto booze. i know you can't keep kids away entirely but giving them a gram a day is insane. just dope up the kids to make them easy to deal with i guess :(

we have been doping up foster kids with poo poo way worse than weed for decades. too much weed is definitely bad for teenagers but is it worse than thorazine? haldol? from that perspective I can see it as harm reduction, let alone the "keeping them away from drug dealers trying to sell them meth/fent/benzos" angle. obviously the entire situation is a loving massive disgrace and failure of our society, but I don't personally feel outrage over anything that was quoted in that post by karach.

i guess what I'm saying is that having failed these children so horribly, a gram of weed (three joints?) is small potatoes compared to all the other abuses that have become completely routine and are swept under the rugs by so-called healthcare professionals and social workers

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Virtual Russian posted:

Two things can be bad. I'm very pro-weed, but that is an insane amount to give a teenager. It would be like saying you don't want kids dying of alcohol poisoning in some field so give them a six-pack every evening on the condition they drink it at home. I get it, I get what you are saying, it is much better than meth or dope, but that we consider this the best of a bunch of bad options is an indictment of the country.

I agree, but I don't think "we" consider this the best of our bad options, I think the foster caregivers were doing this as an act of desperation in an attempt to protect these kids. though I understand that may be a generous stance to take considering the possibility of financial exploitation going on.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
At my closest weed shop you can get a pack of 10 .3g prerolls for ~$24, making it ~$8/g

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Speaking of CSIS, the new netflix documentary "American Conspiracy - The Octopus Murders" has a hilariously Canadian part where after being illegally given a piece of spy software with a back door in it for the NSA/CIA/FBI to spy on canadians through, CSIS wrote a letter to the company it was stolen from requesting that they translate the software into French because, y'know

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Glimpse posted:

I dunno, remember Stéphane Dion? Me neither.

yeah yeah, the chick from titanic or whatever

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Hes a harkonnen

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Hmmm the phone app says we should taze this guy 200 times or until he stops screaming whichever comes first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Segue posted:

It's frustrating because, like with health and education which are also falling apart, a lot of the policy levers for housing are at the mercy of the lovely conservative premiers that immiserate us all. If Trudeau could do anything it would be actually reinstitute federal house building but that requires a tax base, institutional will, and frankly an infrastructure knowledge that we've farmed out to the lovely private sector (look at transit projects).

He could say gently caress the division of powers but he's lost badly in the courts recently on environment regs so he's gunshy and meanwhile Premiers who have been in power for a decade are robbing futures.

And I don't mean to excuse him, he should absolutely do more that his beliefs won't let him do, but god the Premiers are just boobs ripping apart lives. The fact that we're talking about a federal disability program because Premiers are killing people by not improving theirs is so frustrating.

Trudeauishly: Listen, all the taxes need to go to Lockheed Martin. That is the only possible use of this 74 billion dollars