Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I suppose it goes to show how important release dates are. What's the last movie that won big at the Oscars despite being released quite far out from the awards season? I think the famous one is Silence of the Lambs, which came out at the start of the year then swept the awards, but what big one she have there been since then?

The Hurt Locker came out the Summer of 2009, was highly talked about as an Oscar contender, but was pretty much ignored by the Fall and was subject to "Whatever happened to The Hurt Locker?" headlines by Christmas. Then it got the Best Picture nomination which everyone thought was cool (though this was the year they expanded to 10 nominations, iirc) and it shockingly took home Best Picture.

That's the best I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread