Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
like say if you hate bradzilla cause hes got a stupid looking gorilla, but then it changes to a cute little puppy would you think, "huh this guy isn't too bad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Sometimes when people have avatars of humans, my brain pictures that person writing the post. Normally only when it's an ugly dude though.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
since I got this av all the ladies on SA are my friend but none of them let me see them naked

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
sounds like you just turned your monitor on op :smug:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

since I got this av all the ladies on SA are my friend but none of them let me see them naked

You no longer scare me with your flaming death viking you're much more approachable now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I base my opinion of other posters entirely on their avs and nothing else.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

I browse with avs off because they're too distracting and in drug addled stupors I end up zooming in real close and thinking they're posts

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i like everyone w/ the giada tiny italian boobs

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly when a whole bunch of people have the same av it's a pain because I have enlarge my phone screen a tiny bit to see who it is.

(I'm keeping track of everyone and everything you post in my noggin.)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If their av changes how do I even know that it's the same person

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
One can only hope, OP.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Blue Train posted:

If their av changes how do I even know that it's the same person

iirc you were a little more angry with this av

Alien Hilldawg calmed you down.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Over There posted:

iirc you were a little more angry with this av

Alien Hilldawg calmed you down.

That was a good av and I tried to live up to it's message

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Tom Gorman posted:

i like everyone w/ the giada tiny italian boobs

I did not realize this was more than one poster :aaa:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Yeah I think your new bird avatar is slightly worse than your previous, updated my tierlist.xls accordingly

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yeah I think your new bird avatar is slightly worse than your previous, updated my tierlist.xls accordingly

I changed it back but Jose forced me to revert back

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

ah yes, forums.somethingawful.com, that webview with the very funny gifs

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Everyone with a dogtar is my friend. Everyone with a cat is scum.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t see people by their avatars op. You should try being enlightened sometime. :smug:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I like to think that there is something charming about gay Hitler but I'm not quite sure why I have it.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Three Olives posted:

I like to think that there is something charming about gay Hitler but I'm not quite sure why I have it.

Didn't you first get it when you posted that thread about the noisy kids in the pool? I always figured it was an "HOA Nazi" thing because you caught a lot of razzing for that.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I lost my concrete dildo awhile back but don't post enough to feel the need to spend 5 bucks to recover it. I used to always recognize over there's original bird and that one vols bitch av but I'm not positive who had it now

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I do op, I unironically use avatars as a guide for who is who here on the forums, even on my phone.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Who What Now posted:

I base my opinion of other posters entirely on their avs and nothing else.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I used to change mine once every couple of months because lol disposable teenage income, but I have been satisfied with my 16-bit reaper for a while now. :)

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Can someone explain my AV to me? I know the body is Hank Scorpio but what the hell is the face from?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

my dog died im sad posted:

Can someone explain my AV to me? I know the body is Hank Scorpio but what the hell is the face from?

turn on your monitor

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the only thing that changes my opinion about a poster is if they kneel before me and swear allegiance.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

FYI I hate my av and if someone wants to buy me a new one I'll wear it forever

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

KakerMix posted:

I do op, I unironically use avatars as a guide for who is who here on the forums, even on my phone.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Honestly the fact that I used to have opinions about posters beyond vague "the stuff this person says is generally ok/dumb" was troubling to me. I turned off AVs entirely and now unless someone is going out of their way to make epic bad posts across multiple threads I usually don't have much thoughts about specific posters anymore. I think that has improved my forum's experience.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Honestly the fact that I used to have opinions about posters beyond vague "the stuff this person says is generally ok/dumb" was troubling to me. I turned off AVs entirely and now unless someone is going out of their way to make epic bad posts across multiple threads I usually don't have much thoughts about specific posters anymore. I think that has improved my forum's experience.
I know you're right but like hell I'm gonna do it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Senor Dog posted:

How do you feel about cattle, friend?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm relatively sure I would have kept thinking that one guy hosed his dog even if he changed his av/text, but I might have had to be reminded "yeah that's the dogfucker" instead of just seeing it on the tin.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Senor Dog posted:

What about avatars of things that are only technically a dog?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure my posting has gone downhill since I lost my av.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
To answer the Op, yes!

Example:

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty sure my posting has gone downhill since I lost my av.

it has.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
i liked this av. it made me feel special like he was actually pointing at me :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Monos Bullet posted:

i liked this av. it made me feel special like he was actually pointing at me :shobon:
go nuts!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=albe...iw=1920&bih=971

• Locked thread