Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

haha awww he step on he trunk :allears:

An elephant who step on he own trunk. A shameful precious elephant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

Cross-posting myself from the aliexpress thread, but I thought this thread might appreciate it too. I bought a cute pear to keep me company at my desk, and then also an electromagnetic levitation device to try out, so now my pear friend sits on my desk, slowly rotating in the air and it makes me very happy :sun:

https://i.imgur.com/sSUb6Kl.mp4

I demand to know the pear's name.

If the pear has no name, I demand a mod take action.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

lmao :golfclap:

His name is Peer. It's Dutch for pear, but it's also an old-timey Dutch version of the name Peter. :sun:

Thank you, I have been appeased.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

EoinCannon posted:

[video type=""]/weeklycornyearthworm[/video]

Unpearalleled.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And, as a bonus "Progress Shark" which managed to piss of one of our shittier politicians :salute:

Was the shark selected because it has to keep swimming or it dies?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

That's the largest you can buy on your own but the admins can approve larger smilies.

Time to get another SAD success story.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I believe in Petunia

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LMAO at the shushing.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

It looks so happy :unsmith:

You'd be happy too if you accepted the love and gifts of Papa Nurgle

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Vatican had an administrative error and convened the wrong College of Cardinals for a Conclave

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

nexous posted:

Buy that kid a tortoise

Buying a kid an animal that generally lives 40-50 years is absolutely not a good idea, LMAO

They should post the whole presentation, though, I dig it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

Apparently rhinos are quite chill. P much the opposite of hippos, who are literal murder machines.

I've been watching a lot of zoo shows on the weekends and the rhinos all seem really chill, to the point that on one show a mother rhino let her baby wander off to get brushed down and scratched by zookeepers while she just munched on her snacks.

Like I think the biggest issue with rhinos is they have poor eyesight so if you sneak up on 'em they'll get pissed, but if they hear you and you don't start none, there probably won't be none.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

How can they eat cactuses aren't they a new world plant. Something is fishy here

Turns out there's one type of cactus outside of the Americas

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhipsalis_baccifera

I'm gonna guess it's an adaptation for being able to eat whatever the gently caress you can find in the desert, including all the thorny, twiggy bullshit out there.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 22, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

McGavin posted:

Spurges such as euphorbia are the old world equivalent of cacti that camels evolved to eat.

Ngl I thought this was starting off with some new slurs or a poster having a neurological event.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mr. and Mrs. Pickles, you say...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Man I love otters

As for animals you wish your small, a tiny elephant would be great

I think in the Jurassic Park novel, Hammond's first big claim to genetic engineering fame was making a dog-sized elephant for a pet or something like that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh cool! What move did it teach the guy? Beak Buster maybe?

I think it was just yelling at him because he didn't save his game before quitting last time.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sorry, there's something in that video that's distracting me from the capybara.

That thing in the back. Behind the tortoises. What the gently caress is that thing? First I thought it was a huge rabbit or hare, then maybe a wallaby. But could it be some type of tiny deer?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Glad you noticed it! Maybe a dik-dik?

The snout seems blunter and it doesn't have the dark spot for the gland in front of its eye.

I think it's some type of deer though.

Maybe a southern pudu since it's around capybara. Maybe the tortoises are Galapagos ones so it's a pen of chill South American animals

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 4, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think it's a mara

OK, yeah, that REALLY jives with what it looks like in the video.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

What animal is this?

Gonne guess a red squirrel with a winter coat or maybe a hybrid, but a squirrel of some kind.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I thought she was gonna go right back to sleep after pulling that face

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So he did the human equivalent of taking the diaper off a pooping child and putting them in their mother's arms, for Instagram

The baby looked like it was climbing back up, so if it really did just go down to poop, he just saved some time getting it back up.

But they're sloths, so that saved time is meaningless.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I think it was on one of the zoo shows on Animal Planet or NatGeo Wild where they said that turtles can feel the brushing on their shell and quite enjoy it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Seems like they had a bad case of CSPAM brains so probably not a good poster to begin with, sadly.

Their wrap sheet is a history of racist attempts at jokes and dismemberment videos. gently caress 'em.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Draadnagel posted:

I'm looking at the rapsheet of ekuNNN and I don't get the racist accusations. Advocating violence I can see, I'm not getting into that and this is most definitely not the thread for it. But the accusations of racism confuse the hell out of me and I've seen these accusations multiple times now by multiple people. If a poster with 20k posts is a racist piece of poo poo you would expect to at see some semblance of it on their rapsheet, especially if they post in D&D. At this point it seems like everybody just collectively decided that ekuNNN was somehow racist but their rapsheet shows no sign except one joke about how country clubs are racist that didn't land .
Can somebody point to the racism part in their posts? what am i missing here before I'm gonna buy ekuNNN a shitton of beer.

Are you comparing somebody to noted and convicted pedofile Randaconda here or is this just a random comparison, because honestly what the heck kirby.

What about the probes for online death and dismemberment posting in the OSHA thread and elsewhere?

Maybe be just give up this hill. :fireman:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I wanna drink the rock juice

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mystes posted:

Indiana bones was the dog

The cat's real name is Henry Bones, Jr.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That one jaguar (or maybe it's a leopard, I don't remember how to tell them apart) must be really special because it got like three boops.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

Same guys! They just come in cooler colours some places

Clearly I haven't read my Zoobooks in a while, I apologize for the error.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Even though the video is 9 years old, I have now learned that crows and goddamned Bird Archimedeses and understand water displacement.

Causal understanding of water displacement by a crow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Chunk's actor wasn't playing a character in the movie at all, holy poo poo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Runa posted:

https://twitter.com/BaekMetal/status/1659953682375671809

from what I can tell from google translate, some guy says "tanukis aren't cute" so someone steps up and says "actually they are" and I respect that

:hmmyes:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Suddenly had an awful invasive thought of how the pouch on marsupial animals must smell (not haha) :gonk:

There's an episode of Secret's of the Zoo: Tampa where they bring in a koala to give her a physical because they didn't think she and her dude had successfully mated.

They checked her pouch and the vet start digging out all kinds of poo poo. Literal poo poo. It was koala joey poop because she had a baby in there.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

I want elephant sized cats. That I can ride to work as public transport. Through a forest full of whimsical creatures.

Why am I hearing the theme for "My Neighbor Totoro"?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

First one, then t'other

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LMAO when that dude realizes he took the dog's job

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I never really got many good pictures of my dog before he went, because he'd always give me looks like this as soon as he saw me holding my phone in landscape mode.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Konar posted:

zoomers finally found a way to do tik toks at gravesites without being hated, drat nice workaround

When I die I'm gonna have a recipe tombstone, and the recipe will sound delicious, but be off just enough to ruin things every time in a way that will be difficult to identify so people will keep making it to try and fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I have to get like three different placemats for my dog over his life because he'd slop water all over, I'd get a placemat big enough to cover his splashzone, then he'd just... Splash more, necessitating a bigger mat