Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Someone in the GroupMe last year recommended the restaurant Punch Bowl Social and it was really good, so you know, add it to the list or whatever. Also entirely empty at peak meal times, so probably a safe choice. Yelp if you care.

This year's goals include getting as drunk as I got last year without throwing up in the my friend's bathtub. Also, sneak into the Asmodee industry party again. That was my top achievement last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Carteret posted:

I literally just got cold chills thinking about that loving guy. I swear to god if we see him this year I will audibly yell.

Who dat be?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Would also like to play many RPGs that I don't normally get to play. Will gladly* play in bars. Mostly I want to meet goons. Will have non goon friends in tow though.

*prefer

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Rent van, buy parking pass, sleep in van. Save!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Conan the Librarian posted:

Hi fellow goons, I'm not sure how I missed this thread until now as I've been going to Gencon for 4-5 years now, flying out from California each time.

Where abouts? I'm on my way from LA.

I've never done the L5R Karo because I'm scared of not knowing what I'm doing, but L5R is my main crush and I'm going to try to sneak in on a 5e FFG demo.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Avenging Dentist posted:

Ditto, I just moved out here. I used to be able to drive to Gen Con. :negative:

Oh yeah me too. Indiana is going home for me. And welcome to LA! I game in Pasadena if you're ever looking for people, PM me. Which is why I never hang out with Goons. God bless you, but I've got some old boys to get drunk with and they don't like strangers. I tried to bring them to play games in the goon ballroom last year but they got cold feet.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Other than BEES! (obviously) what games are y'all looking forward to at GC2018?

Someone give me the run down on the marketplace and auction, as I've never been to them and only know they exist because of this thread last year.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Do I have to order Minerva from Steamforged now, or can I just buy it at GC?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I arrived. Will call line was long. We drank at six different bars. Came back to will call. Was short. Moral of the story: drinking improves everything. Who wants to drink Thursday and where...???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I waited too long and missed out on Root and I am incredibly bitter about it. I picked up some 1-2 year old games for a steal, and got the new L5R RPG which I got to play and really enjoyed.

Best food of the weekend goes to Burger Study and Sugar Fire BBQ, both within two blocks.

Sad to always miss goon get togethers. Next year I want to get an downtown hotel because driving in and out is horrible.