Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I just finished the summit, and wow. That was an amazing final level. I normally consider myself pretty good at platformers, but some of the strawberries there are brushing against my skill ceiling and I think my right hand is now a permanently twisted claw. 14 hours, 2306 deaths, and 156 strawberries.

Welp, tomorrow I'll do the full clear, and then I can start looking at B-sides! :haw:

pumpinglemma fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Augus posted:

Jesus, 380 on 7B.
This game seriously stopped messing around.
Scrub, I have over a thousand on 7A all strawberries. :smuggo:

...this is going to suck, isn't it?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

the last room of 2B, despite giving me zero deaths, is by far my most hated room in the game.
You don't have to walljump, you can get enough vertical speed to reach the top just by climbing. I was pissed when I found that out.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

OK, that rotating fireball conveyor room in 8B was straight-up miserable unfun bullshit over which I felt I had no agency whatsoever.

e: oh good loving god the next room has rotating fireballs as well.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Do you need to finish pico8 in chapter 3 to get the star on the notes page for it?
Pretty sure you don't. I finished it, but before I did my star run.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Yeah, the first two screens on 3-C are not that bad at all. The third screen, on the other hand...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

It also permanently marks your file as having used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Yeah, for the crystal heart in 4A they added a bunch of crouching statues next to the white block, and now if you crouch briefly while on top of the block Madeline’s hair dips down below it so you’ve got some visual feedback that you’re doing the right thing. I think it’s reasonable for non-SMB3 experts now.

I just beat Farewell a couple of days ago and discovered the modding scene, and holy poo poo the 2020 spring collab is excellent. 20+ levels in and not a dud yet, and at least up through intermediate the difficulty is nowhere near as rough as Farewell even for the berries.