Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have a friend thats actually getting rid of prime and stopping really using amazon at all simply because they're sick of all the unreliable 3rd party garbage that infects the site now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

NEED MORE MILK posted:

oh also its basically become aliexpress/ebay with all of the knockoff garbage shipped from china 21-30 day deliver

this reminds me that I received something the other day that I had completely forgotten about since it took so long; also it was an accessory (that was auto suggested) for something else that I had ordered along with it that arrived in 2 days

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
that means they can simultaneously be target and walmart

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

wait do they have to put "+ amazon" on all their branding now?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i get a lot of OnTrac

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
or just go to a store and buy the thing since that's what you're doing already at that point

i have used amazon locker before but that was when I lived in an apartment on ground floor with like zero security

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

It's really a trip, I had been reading a book on the origins of California techno-Utopianism

Wait what book is this? I love California computer hippies and how SV nerds adore them without realizing that most of them are just like all the other wacky hippies only they just happened to like electronics

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
some whole earth catalog readers joined the weather underground and blew up women's bathrooms

others touched computers and made money sometimes but also others made things like project xanadu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
its almost like removing retail anchors and doing mail order everything is a horrible idea

• Locked thread