Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

The Management posted:

I bought some books from amazon three weeks ago. they were delivered yesterday. I’m 100% certain that they had these available in inventory the day I ordered them. the only reason to delay the fulfillment for two and a half weeks is to push people into paying for prime.

I heard of a company which assembled bikes from custom-selected parts to a user's specifications. Their process was so efficient that they were able to deliver almost all of their finished bikes the next day, as standard, for no particular extra charge. Customers found this so spooky that the company took to leaving the bikes in a warehouse for a few days by default and charging extra for next- or same-day delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
That story probably has a minimum of three factual errors in it though.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

idk I played a lot of transport tycoon and digging oceans was crazy expensive

also I'm pretty sure the same logic there applies to amazon: build railways across your competitor's roads, corral their trucks into one bit of them by selling the roads from under them then drive a train through and blow up their trucks

yes the delivery drivers died, but that's a small price for success

Did OpenTTD ever add a kill count?

• Locked thread