Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

spb posted:

Jeff Bozo more like

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

just wanted to point out amazon is literally a pos now that they run a grocer and convenience stores

:aaaaa:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jonny 290 posted:

all that effort and they didnt even mark it USDA Amazon Prime

:ck5:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

you stick to your guns, kid. you got moxie.

He's full of spunk.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Actually, from what I can figure out, the "Pyramids were used to store grain" thing goes something like this:

In Genesis, Joseph becomes important in the Pharaoh's court and his planning allowed the Egyptians to survive a famine. This melds with the "Jewish slaves built the pyramids" meme (they almost certainly didn't, there is very little evidence for large-scale Hebrew/Jewish settlement in Egypt before late antiquity (like Elephantine papyri-era), and most of the labor used was non-free corvée but that isn't exactly the same as slavery as it's normally used) and you get the pyramids being enormous grain silos.

It's *wrong* but I always feel like it's treated as being more prima facie absurd by critics than I think is strictly fair.

:shrug:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 12, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Salt Fish posted:

That's extremely absurd because we have been inside them and we know they're tombs and also the Egyptians could write and the directly told us they were tombs.

If people take Genesis as the most reliable big-h Historical text that has ever/can ever exist how conversant with modern scholarship on Egyptology do you think they're going to be?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Peeny Cheez posted:

yeah, don't show us beep's swampy meth-ulcered dilz please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Coffee Jones posted:

Posted on a light pole at the amazon campus

sorry, you should have taken better care of your dev, it probably met it’s end at the beak of a ravenous seagull or crow

The quotes around Reward are making me acutely nervous.

:ohdear:

• Locked thread