Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

There Will Be Penalty posted:

perl and mason are what php should have been. I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL. perl is poo poo but php is even more poo poo and has a history of godawful baggage. the only good things about php over perl are that it has a grammar and a better object system (though moose is cool).

html::mason was way the heck ahead of it stime

i wouldn't start a new mason project in tyool 2018 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

NEED MORE MILK posted:

yeah im pretty sure they only do their own delivery service in cities where they have a warehouse/distribution center

it seems random who delivers my amazon packages

i have gotten same-day shipments from bicycle couriers, from lasership, and from randos driving a car around. no idea what determines who gets what

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Gazpacho posted:

If amazon Linux tracked centos in the past it certainly doesn't now, the update policies are completely different in that amazon Linux regularly pulls new upstream versions

amazon linux only updates a handful of packages chosen by amazon

much like ubuntu vs debian

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

prisoner of waffles posted:

It also wouldn't stop the delivery person from stealing it after snapping the picture or prevent the person who ordered it from falsely claiming that it was stolen.

It _DOES_ potentially force the delivery person to take the packages out and put them somewhere that looks like a/the delivery address before they snap a picture, which is a PITA if the delivery person wanted to steal it with a minimum of effort

a simple signature already served both these purposes

it's not like ups/fedex/usps are stupid

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

FMguru posted:

amazon has those stupid lockers at 711s and whole foods and safeways for a reason

or just get a po box

amusingly amazon has a huge set of lockers in a public lobby in their skyscraper in manhattan

it's funny to be part of the riff-raff, watching rich motherfucker amzn employees try not to look at you

and also a little sad

• Locked thread