Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

also, this thread reminded me of how bezos tried to steve jobs the firephone https://www.fastcompany.com/3039887/under-fire
such a good article

quote:

“In meetings, all Jeff talked about was, ‘3-D, 3-D, 3-D!’ He had this childlike excitement about the feature and no one could understand why,” recalls a former engineering head who worked solely on Dynamic Perspective for years. “We poured surreal amounts of money into it, yet we all thought it had no value for the customer, which was the biggest irony. Whenever anyone asked why we were doing this, the answer was, ‘Because Jeff wants it.’ No one thought the feature justified the cost to the project. No one. Absolutely no one.”

tech execs trying to be stebe jorbs and failing are some of my favorite tech buble stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

power botton posted:

More and more my packages are being delivered by AMZL. The delivery guys without fail ring my doorbell, drop the package and run like hell. Package theft is a giant thing around here so I've been ordering amazon less and less unless I know I'll be home.

The delivery guys are probably fired from what I assume is a sub minimum wage 1099 gig if they spend more than 45 seconds delivering a package on average before moving again so I don't blame them but ugh. Buying less and less from amazon.
get a po box op

or use the amazon lockers at your nearest whole foods or 7-11

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

if u dont want an item stolen, have it shipped to the nearest fedex store or w/e. it's not tough. i do this for anything worth bucks
amazon has those stupid lockers at 711s and whole foods and safeways for a reason

or just get a po box

• Locked thread