Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gazpacho posted:

ordering everything prime delivery is dumb, learn to wait a week bitch

Explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gazpacho posted:

WADR Amazon was not the first big tech company I had worked for nor the biggest. its pathology with regard to onboarding people was on a special level that, with few exceptions, produced a constant atmosphere of mutual hostility

So, apple or samsung?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
PHP is great, especially newer versions of it, but it's always been pretty good for when you need to output some HTML based on some POST data and MySQL stuff.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sniep posted:

wonder how long until everyone works for amazon

Immigration debates are finally settled once all americans are required to swipe their badge at the border.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

lancemantis posted:

wait do they have to put "+ amazon" on all their branding now?

As long as it's written in gore it's fine.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qirex posted:

I just buy stuff in a store, if you guys haven't tried this it's way more immediate and satisfying than amazon

What's the website?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If I didn't walk to the store like 5 times a week to buy $6 bottles of german mineral water I'd probably be even fatter than I am already.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
All you can eat Amazon Wafers in the kitchen is just one benefit of working at Amazon.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Schadenboner posted:

Actually, from what I can figure out, the "Pyramids were used to store grain" thing goes something like this:

In Genesis, Joseph becomes important in the Pharaoh's court and his planning allowed the Egyptians to survive a famine. This melds with the "Jewish slaves built the pyramids" thing (they almost certainly didn't, there is very little evidence for large-scale Hebrew settlement in Egypt before late antiquity and most of the labor used was non-free corvée but that isn't exactly the same as slavery as it's normally used) and you get the pyramids being enormous grain silos.

It's *wrong* but I always feel like it's treated as being more prima facie absurd by critics than I think is strictly fair.

:shrug:

That's extremely absurd because we have been inside them and we know they're tombs and also the Egyptians could write and the directly told us they were tombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Who wouldn't want to work for the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog-walkers? It's like uber... but for pet sitters!

• Locked thread