Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
bad gdt from bad poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Greetings, friend. Is it just you and I watching this?

Edit: Never mind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

good enough. that rnc was cool.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

No matter what he does, Pichel will always just be the guy Khabilov suplexed to death as far as I'm concerned.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

El Roncho posted:

Greetings, friend. Is it just you and I watching this?

Edit: Never mind.

f... friend :unsmith:

this does feel like one of the more skippable cards in a while

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

El Roncho posted:

No matter what he does, Pichel will always just be the guy Khabilov suplexed to death as far as I'm concerned.

From Hell got sent back home that day

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nico Price deserves a goony nickname.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

f... friend :unsmith:

this does feel like one of the more skippable cards in a while

Sometimes cards laden with big names are very much skippable in retrospect, and cards full of mystery men/women can end up being a day well spent. This, I have learned over time.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Liver shot was sweet

RNC was also sweet

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Yeah, I think I've already gotten more enjoyment out of this card than I got out of the entirety of 208

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I remember paying for UFC 149. I sometimes wake with a start remembering it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

El Roncho posted:

Sometimes cards laden with big names are very much skippable in retrospect, and cards full of mystery men/women can end up being a day well spent. This, I have learned over time.

This happens perhaps because the big hype can get to the hyped fighters, and we get fighters like Melendez and Alvarez having fights like Melendez vs Alvarez, whereas on this kind of card the fighters have less attention and they're willing to take risks to get it.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

CommonShore posted:

This happens perhaps because the big hype can get to the hyped fighters, and we get fighters like Melendez and Alvarez having fights like Melendez vs Alvarez, whereas on this kind of card the fighters have less attention and they're willing to take risks to get it.

That's a rock and a hard place. On one side, you have taking too much risk and losing on a big PPV. On the other, a bald, reddening head.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Good round.

Joe-a-keem Silva (3) probably takes it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I didn't watch rounds 1 and 2 very closely, but I would have sooner scored that 28-28 for the damage he took in 3 than 29-28 for Pichel.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

both Pichel and Silva thought Silva won lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Someone light the lord waffle beard signal.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm a fan of WMMA but I feel as if this Justine Kish fight has a good chance of being lovely.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kim has a 20 inch reach advantage, still won't throw

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I'm a fan of WMMA but I feel as if this Justine Kish fight has a good chance of being lovely.
:haw:

I respect that she didn't change her name and join witness protection after that

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Some poo poo the bed. Others, like Justine Kish, do not wait so long.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Justine Kish just looks like Jesse Eisenberg to me and it freaks me out.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

3 wmma fights in a row, great

Le Saboteur posted:

Justine Kiss just looks like Jesse Eisenberg to me and it freaks me out.

lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Kim is terrible. Move your head lady.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Kim in the 3rd: determination without capability

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

do something

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sloppy fight is kinda fun. There is blood.

If we combine this fight with Kish's last fight we get a possible picture of GSP's next fight :haw:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Haha suck it North Carolina.

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Haha, MMA judging.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

what an r-word decision that was lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

30-27 cmon now

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The judges are feeling cheeky tonight. By the end of the night they'll be wearing shoes on their head and hamburgers will eat people.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Remember when WNBA first came on the scene and people were able to point out the disparity in skill between its players and NBA's without being labeled a horrible rear end in a top hat?

Weird times.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

El Roncho posted:

Remember when WNBA first came on the scene and people were able to point out the disparity in skill between its players and NBA's without being labeled a horrible rear end in a top hat?

Weird times.

#MeToo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this sure is a randa markos fight

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I can't remember why I thought this would be a good fight

Marching Powder posted:

this sure is a randa markos fight

yeah

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Well this is just awful.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I'm enjoying it, Randa's got some great boob smushing going on.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

plz control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
red randa seems to be getting better

• Locked thread