Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Welcome to Dominick Cruz's Underhook Alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
More like Quiet Crowd.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Blonde Fighter in contention for worst nickname in MMA

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
women's flyweight is so thin and the champ is so bad that anyone could be champ soon in this division

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Ki ai game is strong for both these girls.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
125 has a champ?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The world didn't need another Holly Holm.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
who the gently caress is nicco montano? holy poo poo i unironically had no idea an entire division had a champion. i may be borderlining on ceasing to care about this sport

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

who the gently caress is nicco montano? holy poo poo i unironically had no idea an entire division had a champion. i may be borderlining on ceasing to care about this sport

She won TUF. Scored a few big upsets along the way to the title fight, where she beat late replacement Roxy.

e. she was basically her season of TUF's Randa Markos, except she won.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

"i should find something better to do with my time" i say as i watch two holly holm clones kiai in an octagon

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
45 uninterrupted minutes of WMMA is what awaits me in hell

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Marching Powder posted:

"i should find something better to do with my time" i say as i watch two holly holm clones kiai in an octagon

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

title fight, where she beat late replacement Roxy.

what the gently caress

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

The division was created out of the last season of TUF. She beat Roxanne Modafferi.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

remember that liver shot KO guys

that was cool

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

what the gently caress

Yeah. It wasn't the best result. She was essentially brought in as a showcase can for established fighters like Barb Honchak or DeAnna Bennet to beat and build hype, but upsets galore and we get a champ with a 4-2 record.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

remember that liver shot KO guys

that was cool

It was. We have been spoiled with liver shots so far this year. Pico landing 2 nasty ones last week in his Bellator fight.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Maybe space out the ladies next time.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sigh. We got like 6 seconds of grappling and it was cool and now they're back to practicing their kata.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

what sort of loving psycho schedules 3 wmma all in a row

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

In a world of 2 round fights, Mirsad Bektic would be king.

And yes I did already say this in the regular UFC thread. It bears repeating

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Sean Shelby is not a very good booker.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

We had Ms. Poopoo, now Mr. Peepee.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
HOLY poo poo That body shot!

WTF

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Ugh right on the solar plexus. That poo poo sucks.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Liver shots ftw

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lol I got up to get more hot water for my tea because the kettle went. I was away for 8 seconds and I missed it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Didn't think I'd see Kano's fatality in the UFC.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

nice to see bektic recover his career from The Damage

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I have never seen a KO quite like that before

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

I have never seen a KO quite like that before

Mendes/McKenzie was similar I think.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It was a bit odd looking because the ROH came down on an angle while Pepe was leaning backward with his hips forward for the knee.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

El Roncho posted:

Mendes/McKenzie was similar I think.

sweet, looks like that's on fightpass, I'll have to check it out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

wonder if he hit him in the xiphoid process. That punch was sick. The ref for that fight sucks.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Bektic rules, hopefully he can put together a run now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

man i hope bobby wins. he's had a terrible run recently but he's still a really good fighter

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

my friend is watching with me and absolutely hates dominic cruz now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

my friend marina is watching with me and absolutely hates dominic cruz now.

your former friend :mad:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Good round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

does eric koch have his own face tattooed on his chest

• Locked thread