Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
I've been trying to find an SNES that I used to rent all the time but I can't remember the name of it...the setting was in China about 1000 years ago, and you were some guy who ran around to different villages, exploring, buying items, and fighting ghosts with something that looked like a noise maker at a kid's party. It was a fun, cartoony kind of game...I'm sorry, that's about all I remember. Does that trigger any memories for you guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oyak posted:

I've been trying to find an SNES that I used to rent all the time but I can't remember the name of it...the setting was in China about 1000 years ago, and you were some guy who ran around to different villages, exploring, buying items, and fighting ghosts with something that looked like a noise maker at a kid's party. It was a fun, cartoony kind of game...I'm sorry, that's about all I remember. Does that trigger any memories for you guys?

Legend of the Mystical Ninja. Topic Locked.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Pablo Gigante posted:

Legend of the Mystical Ninja. Topic Locked.

That's the one!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

wtf?? i didnt even play that poo poo until Wii and i knew the answer. this warranted a thread op? welp okay then.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't want to be a pedant, but if you played the game more recently then it only stands to reason you'd have better recall of it

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

HORMELCHILI posted:

wtf?? i didnt even play that poo poo until Wii and i knew the answer. this warranted a thread op? welp okay then.

Oh, was this not up to the high standards of the Imp Zone?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Another iz success story

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Oyak posted:

Okay you made your thread. Now go back to GBS

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Oyak posted:

it's bubsy :roflolmao:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

japan is not china and the game takes place in the middle of the edo period probably mid 1700s. op is a bigoted racist and needs to be banned asap

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

japan is not china and the game takes place in the middle of the edo period probably mid 1700s. op is a bigoted racist and needs to be banned asap

The main character Goemon is based on a dude from the late 16th century.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The localization renamed the main characters Kid Ying and Dr. Yang, possibly the source of OPs confusion. Absolutely everything else about it is still incredibly Japanese though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish this thread wasn't associated with the game, because the game is loving awesome

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The name of the game you are looking for is がんばれゴエモン〜ゆき姫救出絵巻〜 Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyūshutsu Emaki, only available on the Super Famicom [SVHC-001]

Topic locked.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
There is another game that I am trying to remember...it was like half-city builder and half-platform action, and you start out as a worthless deity with no followers and only a fat little angel who tells you what to do, and if memory serves you have to periodically strike your villagers with a lightning bolt to remind them who is god. I tihnk you had to fight a giant brain at the end. Does that sound familiar, by any chance?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Oyak posted:

There is another game that I am trying to remember...it was like half-city builder and half-platform action, and you start out as a worthless deity with no followers and only a fat little angel who tells you what to do, and if memory serves you have to periodically strike your villagers with a lightning bolt to remind them who is god. I tihnk you had to fight a giant brain at the end. Does that sound familiar, by any chance?

It's actraiser and I don't know why this thread is still open

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

man struggles to remember the names of several popular super nintendo games the thread

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heres another game i cant remember, youre a rotund man (i think a plumber) and you go arounf jumping on bad mushrooms and collecting good ones. i think theres a turtle as well? it sounds crazy but im sure it exists!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Since this thread's still open, I could use some help too. There was an SNES platformer that was sort of like Adventure Island for the NES. You were on an island full of dinosaurs, and it had some mapgaming elements. IIRC you could get rescue your dinosaur companion(s?) and it would help with platforming challenges, but it couldn't climb.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Since this thread's still open, I could use some help too. There was an SNES platformer that was sort of like Adventure Island for the NES. You were on an island full of dinosaurs, and it had some mapgaming elements. IIRC you could get rescue your dinosaur companion(s?) and it would help with platforming challenges, but it couldn't climb.

Sounds like EVO: The Search for Eden

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Super Mario World.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spring Breeze Dancin' FTW.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Oyak posted:

gently caress you!!!

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

goferchan posted:

Super Mario World.

Super mario didn't have dinosaurs except for yoshi

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyone remember Clay Fighter 63⅓: Judgement Clay?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Need help with these:

Guy with a hat rides a green dibo. Ruled out zool the ninja.

Guy with a whip has a mania for fortresses?

Some kind of undertale prequel where sans skeleton fight birds and aliens. No relation to the films the birds by alfred hitchcock or the alien franchise afaik

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Yes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Koopa (turtle monster)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

that was clayfighter 2 you idiot!!!!!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnq8cLxDjjk&t=16s

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Oyak posted:

sounds like Shin Megami Tensei 4

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Oyak posted:

NO BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oyak posted:

I loved the thread OP. These other guys are just being assholes. But your cool to me. Check out my stream. https://www.twitch.tv/wormskull Spank that follow button.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The game you are thinking of is China Gate OP

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Super Mario World.
No, it wasn't this.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Need help with these:

Guy with a hat rides a green dibo. Ruled out zool the ninja.

Guy with a whip has a mania for fortresses?

Some kind of undertale prequel where sans skeleton fight birds and aliens. No relation to the films the birds by alfred hitchcock or the alien franchise afaik

Super Mario World.

Strider (ARC, 1989)

Atomic Runner Chelnov (ARC, 1988).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwPu9ybzgCg

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the N64 one that got released in America was both completely nuts, and also very fun. the big robot battles were FTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
OP you're thinking of Pocky and Rocky

• Locked thread