Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dong Quixote posted:

Super mario didn't have dinosaurs except for yoshi

Reznor, Rex, Dino Rhino, Blarrrg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plessie

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's called Dinosaur Land for a drat reason

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
crocco's name indicates that he is a crocodile, but his general posture is that of a dinosaur. my two cents.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Since this thread's still open, I could use some help too. There was an SNES platformer that was sort of like Adventure Island for the NES. You were on an island full of dinosaurs, and it had some mapgaming elements. IIRC you could get rescue your dinosaur companion(s?) and it would help with platforming challenges, but it couldn't climb.

No joke you are probably thinking of Adventure Island 3 for the nes

Edit just saw you said snes. Maybe Dino city or joe and mac 2

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 31, 2018

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

crocco's name indicates that he is a crocodile, but his general posture is that of a dinosaur. my two cents.

a crocdile is pretty much a dinosaur

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Plutonis posted:

Reznor, Rex, Dino Rhino, Blarrrg

Fine about Reznor. But Rex is canonically a dragon, Dino Rhino is actually a rhino considering he's a grown up form of Mini-rhino, and Blargg in SMW is literally just lava in the shape of a reptile head (he doesn't have a body). He was only re-imagined as a dinosaur in Super Mario Galaxy 2. None of the rest of those are dinosaurs.

Plessie wasn't in SMW.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is worse than the gamecube isn't a cube guy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dong Quixote posted:

Fine about Reznor. But Rex is canonically a dragon, Dino Rhino is actually a rhino considering he's a grown up form of Mini-rhino, and Blargg in SMW is literally just lava in the shape of a reptile head (he doesn't have a body). He was only re-imagined as a dinosaur in Super Mario Galaxy 2. None of the rest of those are dinosaurs.

Plessie wasn't in SMW.

:smithfrog:

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

sector_corrector posted:

this is worse than the gamecube isn't a cube guy

Look man first you're all mad because a guy wants to know what one of his long lost childhood games is, then you're all mad because another guy wants to remember his dinosaur game and everyone starts listing all sorts of characters that are explicitly not dinosaurs.

You need to get your poo poo together and figure out if you're the "elitist retro video game aficianado" subforum or the "too cool for video games" subforum

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dong Quixote posted:

Plessie wasn't in SMW.

The quote I read said Super Mario. Farewell.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dong Quixote posted:

Look man first you're all mad because a guy wants to know what one of his long lost childhood games is, then you're all mad because another guy wants to remember his dinosaur game and everyone starts listing all sorts of characters that are explicitly not dinosaurs.

You need to get your poo poo together and figure out if you're the "elitist retro video game aficianado" subforum or the "too cool for video games" subforum

i can't tell if this guys serious or not but i hope he is

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dong Quixote posted:

its neither thankfully

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Me coming into this thread ready to lay down some video game knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuL1EeVG2ho

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dong Quixote posted:

:qq:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no one could even guess the stupid mushroom game i was thinknig of. gently caress this forum, im making a thread in qcs about it

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sorry to have ruffled all your dino feathers. I'll see myself out so you can get back to quality discussions like the "watch this stream of a man level his WoW character all the way without sleep" thread

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dong Quixote posted:

Sorry to have ruffled all your dino feathers. I'll see myself out so you can get back to quality discussions like the "watch this stream of a man level his WoW character all the way without sleep" thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly-9MDqMAd0

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbCdedxoaw

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Fuuuuuuck, Dong Quixote

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uh... cool, huh huh huh hu huh...

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Back off guys, this dude is serious!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dong Quixote posted:

Plessie wasn't in SMW.

Hell yeah.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dong Quixote

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dong Quixote posted:

Plessie wasn't in SMW.

This man is a fraud. A bit of research is sufficient to show that official art of Blargg clearly shows that it is a dinosaur living in lava. Careful observation of its in game sprite shows its Stegosaurus like back plates continue down its back. The Super Mario World tv show even showed a Blargg's full T-rex like body.

Can't even get his facts straight before he starts talking poo poo. Disgusting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

No joke you are probably thinking of Adventure Island 3 for the nes

Edit just saw you said snes. Maybe Dino city or joe and mac 2

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dong Quixote posted:

I was making a joke, it was Super Mario World, which has many dinosaurs and takes place in Dinosaur Land.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Get ‘em, Dong Quixote. Get their asses. gently caress them up.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What was the game on the snes where you are a kid and some dog in a ufo abducts you and you become a general and shoot blobs with lightning from your powered armour?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What was the game on the snes where you are a kid and some dog in a ufo abducts you and you become a general and shoot blobs with lightning from your powered armour?

Big Sky Trooper

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dong Quixote posted:

Indeed, we’re all mad

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Big Sky Trooper

Thank you, pablo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Thank you, pablo

You’re welcome. I had a GamePro subscription in 1994 and I specifically remembered that game

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Many years ago, SA did a ROM review of what I remember as a gay fighting game. And I mean there were explicit themes of homosexuality, including a naked man in a bathtub and a naked man enshrouded by a cumulus cloud. What was this game? Asking for a gay friend.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oyak posted:

Many years ago, SA did a ROM review of what I remember as a gay fighting game. And I mean there were explicit themes of homosexuality, including a naked man in a bathtub and a naked man enshrouded by a cumulus cloud. What was this game? Asking for a gay friend.

Great post. Mind following my Twitch channel?

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Don't know what that is, youngster.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Oyak posted:

Don't know what that is, youngster.

Does it make you feel good to be so out of touch?

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Hey, no derailing! I suspect you have no idea about the game I am trying to identify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oyak posted:

Hey, no derailing! I suspect you have no idea about the game I am trying to identify.

Whoop his rear end Oyak

• Locked thread