Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Oyak posted:

Many years ago, SA did a ROM review of what I remember as a gay fighting game. And I mean there were explicit themes of homosexuality, including a naked man in a bathtub and a naked man enshrouded by a cumulus cloud. What was this game? Asking for a gay friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Oyak posted:

Many years ago, SA did a ROM review of what I remember as a gay fighting game. And I mean there were explicit themes of homosexuality, including a naked man in a bathtub and a naked man enshrouded by a cumulus cloud. What was this game? Asking for a gay friend.

Chō Aniki: Bakuretsu Rantō-hen, lit. "Super Big Brother: Exploding Brawl"

http://www.somethingawful.com/rom-pit/cho-aniki-bakuretsu/

Topic locked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oyak posted:

its probably a cho aniki game

edit: Beaten like a homosexual in a cumulus cloud.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

If there was an easy way to do SNES netplay I'd say let's play it for the next imp zone tournament.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Oyak and dong quixote goin in without they setup.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

P-Mack posted:

Chō Aniki: Bakuretsu Rantō-hen, lit. "Super Big Brother: Exploding Brawl"

http://www.somethingawful.com/rom-pit/cho-aniki-bakuretsu/

Topic locked.

Yeah!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
[quote="“tao of lmao”" post="“480881582”"]
Oyak and dong quixote goin in without they setup.
[/quote]

y’all doin 2 on 2? lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ive got a request, please someone send me a zip file with a collection of ys themed desktop wallpapers, thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here you go http://www.ysutopia.net/index.php?ind=gallery

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Why would @XSEEDGames insult me by calling me "Hitler" when I would NEVER call them "Stalinists?"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have an actual real question

what game is this

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Did they make a Gex game on game boy?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

i have an actual real question

what game is this

judging by the UI looks like Avenging Spirit

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

judging by the UI looks like Avenging Spirit

that game sounds awesome

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

it has Odyssey-esque gameplay where you can possess enemies and each has different abilities

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
it's pretty funny how this thread was originally posted for what turned out to be a goemon game, since I had this one game that I didn't know the name of for a long time, where the only thing that I could remember was that it was some sort of fantasy-themed 2D platformer where you fought a giant spooky skeleton on a rickety bridge. even tho I saw (somebody else playing) that game back in like 1999, it wasn't until last year when I finally managed to find out what it actually was, and it turned out to be goemon's great adventure on the N64 :lost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvN_5Peef4g&t=77s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GGA is my favorite co-op platformer of all time. it's phenomenal

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I vaguely remember playing Mystical Ninja on the snes with my sister in two player mode and getting to a part that would have been literally impossible with 1 player. Anyone know wtf I'm talking about

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I vaguely remember playing Mystical Ninja on the snes with my sister in two player mode and getting to a part that would have been literally impossible with 1 player. Anyone know wtf I'm talking about

I dunno.i remember playing alone i could abuse the drop in coop to switch chars and effectively get extra lives

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEE66AMzGNg

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Has anyone done the joke yet where they describe a very well known game and pretend they cannot remember it. I will wait for it if not, it's something I am looking forward to.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kiranamos posted:

Has anyone done the joke yet where they describe a very well known game and pretend they cannot remember it. I will wait for it if not, it's something I am looking forward to.

Scott Pilgrim FTW.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kiranamos posted:

👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
thats not mario thats a fake

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kiranamos posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kiranamos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nz7fgDczk

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mysterious loyall X posted:

👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏👏🙏

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

anyone know what game this is?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Anyone remember the game on Genesis where you’re a robot and you fight other robots in a side scrolling beat-em-up but you could pull limbs off the other robots and stick them in your shoulder sockets? Can’t remember the name of it.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

Anyone remember the game on Genesis where you’re a robot and you fight other robots in a side scrolling beat-em-up but you could pull limbs off the other robots and stick them in your shoulder sockets? Can’t remember the name of it.

cyborg justice

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

There it is! drat that game was fun

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Okay, it was an NES game, and it was vertical shmup. However it was fantasy themed and you were a group of four people and you could switch who was in front.

I just remember it not being an RPG like I thought it would be, and then feeling my first buyers remorse when I got it home.

edit: Actually I may of lied about the character switching and had "King's Knight" and this isn't a mystery.

Rushi fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 13, 2018

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rushi posted:

Okay, it was an NES game, and it was vertical shmup. However it was fantasy themed and you were a group of four people and you could switch who was in front.

I just remember it not being an RPG like I thought it would be, and then feeling my first buyers remorse when I got it home.

kings knight, i believe

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

sector_corrector posted:

kings knight, i believe

I think you're right :3: thank you imp zone customer service.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rushi posted:

edit: Actually I may of lied about the character switching and had "King's Knight" and this isn't a mystery.

There was a Gameboy game called Mercenary Force that was similar but side-scrolling and you could change the formation of your group

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Pablo Gigante posted:

There was a Gameboy game called Mercenary Force that was similar but side-scrolling and you could change the formation of your group

Ended up being King's Knight (I remember that lil dino dude) but funny enough the game you mentioned had the party system/layout I thought I remembered.

Tho now I'm curious if there was another action/action-rpg on the NES that had you moving in a circle of 4 characters that I mixed it up with.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i rented that from the game store and was similarly disappointed. also it's hard as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Rushi posted:

I think you're right :3: thank you imp zone customer service.

published by square as well. what a cruel trick

• Locked thread