Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Since this thread's still open, I could use some help too. There was an SNES platformer that was sort of like Adventure Island for the NES. You were on an island full of dinosaurs, and it had some mapgaming elements. IIRC you could get rescue your dinosaur companion(s?) and it would help with platforming challenges, but it couldn't climb.

Sounds like EVO: The Search for Eden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

goferchan posted:

Super Mario World.

Super mario didn't have dinosaurs except for yoshi

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Plutonis posted:

Reznor, Rex, Dino Rhino, Blarrrg

Fine about Reznor. But Rex is canonically a dragon, Dino Rhino is actually a rhino considering he's a grown up form of Mini-rhino, and Blargg in SMW is literally just lava in the shape of a reptile head (he doesn't have a body). He was only re-imagined as a dinosaur in Super Mario Galaxy 2. None of the rest of those are dinosaurs.

Plessie wasn't in SMW.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

sector_corrector posted:

this is worse than the gamecube isn't a cube guy

Look man first you're all mad because a guy wants to know what one of his long lost childhood games is, then you're all mad because another guy wants to remember his dinosaur game and everyone starts listing all sorts of characters that are explicitly not dinosaurs.

You need to get your poo poo together and figure out if you're the "elitist retro video game aficianado" subforum or the "too cool for video games" subforum

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i can't tell if this guys serious or not but i hope he is

Sorry to have ruffled all your dino feathers. I'll see myself out so you can get back to quality discussions like the "watch this stream of a man level his WoW character all the way without sleep" thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbCdedxoaw

• Locked thread