Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Otacon posted:

There's a huge learning curve to new players figuring out what to do, because there's absolutely so much being thrown at you so quickly: Story quests, item/ally unlock quests, faction quests, daily quests, events every 20 minutes, all while trying to figure out which weapons are good and learning the unique level-up / perk card system as you're exploring a completely new map four times larger than FO4s. It's a lot to take in, and 100% overwhelming.

But, once you figure out a weapon build, and learn the game loops and what repeatable events give beneficial rewards, you start to figure out what you want to do with your limited gaming time every day.

Do you have any advice for tackling this learning curve? I think I could really get into 76 but I never quite manage to click with it and get a good thing going. Should I rush the story and then see what’s what or just pootle about or?

I have actually put a bit of time into it in the past but it still never quite grabbed me because I was never entirely sure what I was meant to be doing.

Now I have a steam deck and it seems to fit that platform quite well so I’m giving it another shot. I should check out the series while I’m at it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU