Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Keeshhound posted:

My biggest disappointment with automation is that there wasn't some kind of robot tournament fighting league to join.

But you can. There are red and blue floor things you can place and assign people to. When you have 1 robot/person assigned to the blue and one to the red they will start fighting. You can build robots and have them duke it out, for example a melee tankbot vs. a laser gatling jet-robot. It's extremely unrewarding though, the pathfinding is abysmal so don't try to build an arena that is anything but a big open space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I don't understand how the game is supposed to be enjoyable without VATS. Without VATS melee is useless and the shooting feeling has always been really bad in Fallout games.

I also wonder about this statement: "Starting in October we’ll be selecting people who have pre-ordered the game from a participating retailer to enter our B.E.T.A. We’ll start small and grow over time as we prepare for launch."
Because their FAQ states:
Q: I PRE-ORDERED FALLOUT 76 DIGITALLY ON THE XBOX ONE STORE, THE PLAYSTATION STORE, OR BETHESDA.NET, HOW DO I ACCESS THE B.E.T.A.?
A
A: You will automatically receive B.E.T.A. access on the Xbox One Store, PlayStation Store, or Bethesda.net eShop account that you pre-ordered with when the B.E.T.A. launches. Stay tuned for exact details here and on our official social channels.

So will you get access by pre-ordering or do you also have to be one of the selected people? The only reason to pre-order is to access the beta so...?

Getting the feeling that this game will be kind of a mess.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Back Hack posted:

It funny that you mention that, people asking both Pete Hinds and Todd Howard over Twitter how to get in the the beta, both are giving two completely different answers. We’re looking at a situation where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.

The xbox pre-order page states very clearly that pre-ordering Fallout 76 gives you access to the beta but their announcement mentions something about a code sent to you by email. I think that they hosed up and forgot that the codes are only for the PC version. My assumption is that the PC beta will be for select people while the console betas will be for everyone.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Berke Negri posted:

it has vats just without the slow time effect i think, given its multiplayer

Oh sweet, had to google this because everything I've seen have been angry post from super-salty people that fallout 76 will be multiplayer. Turns out there is VATS after all!
https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-will-have-real-time-vats/

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Fallout 4 can be pretty fun despite the voiced protagonist, or in this case thanks to it. I also think I really nailed the outfit.
http://xboxclips.com/tjiev/ddcb165e-4d51-4441-b328-a69b1417cbc2

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

LingcodKilla posted:

lol what the gently caress Fallout4 I take the Penetrator perk thinking that "enemy body parts that are blocked by cover, there is no decrease in accuracy" means that I have a chance at hitting them. Noticed that even with 95% to hit a leg hidden by a wall I hit the wall with all 10 van shots. How is this not patched this many years later?

The perk works, there are many videos of it on youtube. For example this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTbIZcDqLlY

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

LingcodKilla posted:

So it works for you only through body parts hiding other body parts? lol the animation shows him shooting through walls. Yeah, crits pretty much always hit so that's a bad example.

The perk works dude, I don't understand what your problem is. The video I posted shows you how to use it efficiently, but honestly I just take it for shooting the fusion cores through their armor, just as the other guy posted.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Berke Negri posted:

what's the coolest unique weapon in the series

Grognak's axe of course. Paired with the unique outfit (is there anything else like it in all the other games?) this is a really powerful starter (+2 STR, +20% melee damage), I always go to Hubris Comics as soon as I can pick advanced locks.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
That article made me want to play the game even more, it sounds really fun. Can't wait to roam the wasteland together with my xbox bros. I don't think griefers are going to be a big problem at all, it's been years since I even received a nasty message on xbox live and it's not for a lack of trying. People are generally much more chill on xbox these days.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I did NukaWorld after I had completed everything else in the game, it works really well to take over the commonwealth then. Just save 1 base (Sanctuary for me) and transfer all named characters there before you start taking over settlements. I loved filling the settlements with radios, hearing RedEye scream from several directions every time I visited to loot the tribute chests.

And I just marched right up to his face and said "Well here I am, now what?" You could see right away that he was impressed. Now he looks at me and says "Maaan, you look like hell! How long has it been since you slept?" I said I don't know man, doesn't matter, I can sleep when I'm dead! You could see on his face that he was totally impressed, just like, he knew I was the Real Deal! So first he says "Man, I am impressed! You're the Real Deal RedEye! I'm gonna call you that 'cause your eyes are bloodshot as hell and it looks reaaaally cool." He says "You're gonna be my right-hand man because I can tell by just by looking at you that I can count on you." And he sees the guitar I'm carrying and he says "Oh no poo poo, you can play?" And I look at him and I say "I don't know man....CAN I?" *epic guitar riff on what sounds like a broken ukulele*

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Suave Fedora posted:

Is there a sense on the likelihood that goons will be able to ruin meet on the same maps to coordinate memorable in-game experiences?

Why wouldn't people be able to play together in this multiplayer game? I have friends who are also users of this website and we are going to play this game together, we are normal people though so ruining a game for children is not on our list of stuff to do. I'm sure that once the game is released people will post their GTs (GT: chizmack) so you can find people to play with if you don't already have any friends.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Suave Fedora posted:

I only ask because I hadn’t heard or read anything about the in-game grouping system, dedicated servers or guilds. Either way, I’d rather play with goons as none of my friends play this game. Just would make it more fun for me.

Don't worry dude, there will be plenty of goons to play with. The perma-salty people you see posting 24/7 about how much they hate fallout are not a good representation of the normal people that actually play and enjoy the games.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Jose Oquendo posted:

Beta news:

Xbox One: 10/23
PS4 & PC: 10/30

https://bethesda.net/en/article/XUtJrgiCgU6WqMASW8w0I/fallout-76-our-future-begins-together-in-beta

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Loving all the retarded meltdown posts about the new Fallout game. There was a time when we made fun of the NMA people, I guess they all came here or something. Personally I have pre-ordered the game and will enjoy it together with friends. Have a nice day peeps.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ah yes, the retarded meltdown of finding microtransactions in premium games repugnant.

Microtransactions suck dude, nobody here is defending them, I don't think there is a single person here who would defend them as something "good". But that doesn't mean you have to have a complete meltdown over them. They exists, they suck, why keep posting over and over again about how much you (not you personally) hate the new fallout games and microtransactions and the DLC and the basebuilding, and the multiplayer and Todd Howard and every other single detail you (again, not you personally) dislike about the new fallout games.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
If we just post some more angry screeds in the fallout thread on the something awful forums the game companies must listen!

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I don't think you will solve all the problems regarding capitalism in the Fallout thread in the games forums no matter how much you post about it. poo poo sucks but there is no point in posting over and over how much you hate it and it sucks, we all agree.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Rinkles posted:

How about you gently caress off with your back seat modding?

Lol, you are loving deranged dude.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Donovan Trip posted:

I've never seen a games thread on SA so determined to hate a game. This is some gamefaqs poo poo.

Dude, there used to be like 2 Fallout 4 threads. One "Fallout 4 thread" and one "Fallout 4 thread for stable people" or something. This is nothing, just wait until it's released. You will be reading about Fallout New Vegas for years man.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Have they shown anything related to melee weapons? That video from 2 pages back, yikes, if VATS is that bad with guns....

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That doesn't sound right, one guy spending 3000 dollars on microtransactions isn't going to be much in the grand scheme of things compared to a bunch of people spending 10 bucks every other month.

Check this poo poo out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
It means that roughly 20% of the customers will be responsible for 80% of the revenue and it's like this pretty much everywhere. For example the top 20% consumers of Coca Cola buy 80% of the product. Pretty crazy my dude, mind blown.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Pepe Arnold posted:

How is the update on 4? I just started my first playthrough the other night on Xbox Series X. Is it a huge graphical improvement? I

Yes, it feels and looks amazing. The increased FPS is very noticeable.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Never leave your power armor parked in your settlement with a fusion core in it, I had a settler that was secretly a synth steal my parked power armor during a settlement attack (by synths) and then he died in it destroying the frame.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Bohemian Nights posted:

So I got back into fallout 4 again with this new patch and I'm going through the nuka-world DLC, since I never got around to it back in the day. I'm assuming that most of the content is connected to working with these raider gangs, and doing the whole "open season" quest kind of nixes 90% of the content in the DLC?

Don't do open season if this is the first time you are playing Nuka World. It removes a lot of content and mechanics that you get after finishing Nuka World itself.
You get to take over commonwealth settlements and make them into raider settlements.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

henpod posted:

I now know how important frequent quicksaves are in FO4. Had a quest to go into the glowing sea to some army dudes, ran the whole way, got to the place, killed my way through, and then I had to take an elevator up. The moment I open the door, there are three power armour dudes there, who splatter me instantly. I tried drugs, being invisible, waiting until they walk away - it's impossible. Last save was an hour ago, so there goes that progress...

I was under-leveled though I think, so will cut my losses and come back later to kick their asses.

Thats the new Enclave "mod" that was added with the nextgen update, it is very much endgame stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

hawowanlawow posted:

the bug that makes the brightness randomly dim all the time like your virtual eyes are adjusting makes the new patch on xbox basically unplayable

It's a bug, restart the game. I get it sometimes too on Xbox and a restart always solves it.