Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Bardeh posted:

There's a new gameplay video for 76:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_rcuuZ3I8

As a package I guess it looks fun overall, but to me, you can't have a multiplayer shooter hinge on Fallout's shooting mechanics because they're just not that good.

That's one of the reasons why I'm really not into this idea. If the multiplayer Fallout was built around the idea of building weird settlements together and, also, sometimes you shoot stuff, I'm all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is there a FO4 mod that's built around Children of the Atom content from Far Harbor?
I finally bought the complete FO4 version with all the addons and the Nucleus content was actually pretty interesting except for the problem that I got there way too late so nothing was as difficult as it probably should have been.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Further Reading posted:

Starfield gave me the urge to get back into Fallout 4 and I've been having an absolute blast. I'm currently using a very silly VATS melee build where my giant power armoured dude teleports around hitting people with a heavily modded slugger.

I'm thinking of starting a survival game with a settlement heavy focus next.

Starting off with high strength and endurance is a loving cheat code. You can kill deathclaws with a slugger pretty early on with that build.

I still don't get the hate over FO4. It's just not for people who are into heavy RP or complicated combat, but it's endless entertainment if you're into building tree houses and converting overpasses into live/work/play developments.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I watched someone stream Fallout 4 from back at its launch and its so hilarious to see how insanely clueless people were about settlement mechanics.

Also, I now have the urge to start a new game and arm Sanctuary to the teeth, again.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Megazver posted:

Lolling at Bethesda not having any recent Fallout games to sell with this, though.

I also like to believe that 76 doesn't exist.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

dolphinbomb posted:

Unless Sony magically decides to change their policy about mods (can only use existing in-game assets), there's absolutely no chance of it happening.

I also probably can't play Fallout London but it's because my Xbox One is from the first half of the twenty-teens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

What's a good way to learn how to mod these games? I've had some ideas I've wanted to try out forever but I'm a little intimidated about starting.

You have to learn the mod creation kit and also understand how things are stitched together under the hood in FO4. But it looks like just modding items is something you can do by copying what other modders have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_suBDqYLg