Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Think my strategy for this one is going to be the same as most of bethesdas games after Morrowind: wait for the game of the year edition, mods to fix the bugs and be under $20 on a steam sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Tenzarin posted:

Why don't they do Fallout: China? Fallout: Berlin? Fallout: Egypt? Fallout: Cashgrab?

Fallout: Australia

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Even though it's not the best gun, I had it as my secondary weapon throughout the entirety my New Vegas playthrough; it works well against squishy bad guys.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

It feels like such a hollow game. This is Bethesda's attempt at the Minecraft thing and it's sub par at best. This is a shell of a game being completely held up with user-imposed expectations. It really is No Man's Sky all over again.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Saladin Rising posted:

Generally they just wait for modders to solve all the bugs instead.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598/

This link below is the list of all the fixes the Fallout 4 mod makes; look at how loving long the page is:
https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Fallout%204%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

Oh gently caress.. I'm just now coming to terms that this isn't going to be able have any unofficial patches. What the gently caress

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Songbearer posted:

Why Fallout 76

When it could be Interstate 76

"Hey Stampede..." Charisma Perk: Press Y when in Pip-Boy to have Taurus read a poem.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Uninstalled.

Welp guess its just Fallout 1, 2, Tactics and New Vegas for my fallout fix
3 and 4 are just cargo cults of the series.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Blakkout posted:

So were they able to salvage Fallout 76 with those post-release patches? I see that this game's only $35 on Amazon today, so I'm trying to decide whether I should pull the trigger. I'm a huge fan of the series (Fallout 4 was what got me to upgrade from PS3 to PS4), but life's to short to deal with some of those disappearing enemies I was seeing on launch streams.

s.i.r.e. posted:

No, no no no no no no no.

Don't buy this piece of poo poo for $60 $35.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah at this point i wont buy anything from bethesda

Same. The leaking of credit card info and personal information pretty much sealed the deal, let alone the buggy shitpile releases. It's beyond incompetence at this point; they're bad people.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Entropic posted:

I played so much Civ4 but could not get into Civ5 at all (though I've heard apparently it's Good Now if you get all the expansion packs or something?)
How terrible are 6 and BE?

All I want from that style of game is Alpha Centauri with modern graphics, dammit.

Civ V is good. I still prefer Civ IV too but Civ 5 GOTY edition is fun except you can completely take advantage of the AI being unable to launch naval invasion and Korea being overpowered as gently caress.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Max Wilco posted:

I made the mistake of re-reading the Fallout 2 LP in the Archive (which is very good), and now I'm thinking about making another attempt to complete a play-through of Fallout 2 (even though I know everything that happens).

I tried starting a game back around March (which I think I did after reading through the LP the first time), and I think I only made it as far as the giant mole rat you fight in the cave (which I couldn't beat). The problem I seem to have with the old Fallout games is that they feel super slow and stiff, and it seems like it's easy to make a character that's not skilled enough to do anything right. It took like five or six different attempts over the span of like six years before I finally started a Fallout 1 game I managed to finish.

My questions are A.) How should I build my character, and B.) Should I use the unofficial patches? The second question I know sounds stupid, but I was thinking in terms of exploits versus quest-lines. I know there are some ways to cheese some vendors or whatnot to get free money and/or ammo, and stuff like taking Jinxed with maxed luck to negate the penalty. However, I was thinking about how some endings don't trigger because of certain issues (like the survival of the talking deathclaws). There's also the Restoration Project, and while exploring the cut areas sounds fun, I don't know how much actual content is included, and if it's really worth checking out.

As far as building a character goes, I tend to go for passing speech checks and bypassing combat (and failing that, using Small Guns).

A. Smooth Talking Sniper. Focus on speech, science and small weapons, switching to energy weapons upon getting the Tag! perk.
B. Yes Install the Restoration Patch if you've played through the game at least once. It makes random encounters harder, and some of the new content is questionable (the Abbey is pretty good, though), but it improves things tremendously all around and fixes the endings. You can even clean up The Den somewhat, albeit in a hamfisted manner.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

eviltastic posted:

Free stuff and all was a driver for sure, but let's not forget just how obnoxious dealing with CDs and copy protection was at the time. I owned Morrowind, but pirated it anyway because the copy protection was so screwy I couldn't even get it to run on release (a common enough issue Bethesda patched it out with the very first patch). There was definitely an era where the pirated/cracked versions of games often ran better.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

madfury posted:

I do wonder if people who bought the game learned any lessons. I am still trying to piece together a picture of the relative success of this title however I think the key is if people value brand loyalty over product quality. Did any % of the fanboy club realise that supporting a broken product from artistically, morally and technically bankrupt game developer is not healthy for them, game industry and the IPs they so love?

I don't do preorders as a rule, but there is one significant exception to this - I will preorder any RPG CDPR puts up for preorder. They have built up so much goodwill with W3+DLCs that I will preorder Cyberpunk blindly. And the most expensive version. I just want to give them money because I feel even at full price, I underpaid for the W3 experience. I guess that makes me a blind fanboy:)

I don't think the majority of gamers learn any life lessons. This is coming from someone who remembers Molyneux and Chris Roberts from the mid 90's and seeing them flop on Black & White and Freelancer way back then, and then having to deal with the legions fans coming to their rescue like they were Messiahs of everything in their lives. The problem has only become exponentially bigger and grander since then. Personally, pre-ordering Spore was what burned me the greatest and finally planted the thought that "you can't project your wishes and beliefs into a for-profit product and expect it to be how you dreamed it would be." It doesn't even make sense to pre-order online since there is no physical inventory shortages of games on release day, and giving little cosmetic incentives or "feelies" devolves into rudimentary idolatry. At worst, you get the rise of someone like Ian Miles Cheong, who I remember from the Hellgate: London days of defending and shilling that POS from the day of its announcement to all of the servers being shut down and everyone's $100 collectors editions being worthless. And look how HE turned out.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 26, 2019

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

chaosapiant posted:

The only real "bad" games I can think of that I've played in my life are Quest 64, and some other mech game I can't remember the name of. Iron Assault maybe?

Sorry for the derail but I completely forgot that this game existed. That was one of my first experiences with the game failing to deliver on its promises. There was a lot of hype about it in magazines and Virgin Interactive's demos as it was marketed as using "stop-motion animation and mechanized minatures for all of the robots" and "strategic decision making - choose your missions and decide how to cripple the enemy." Both of those sounded right up my alley, but both of those were scaled back ridiculously to just interlaced, monochrome, six second cutscenes and having a map graphic come up to pick your missions later in the game instead of a text list. The game played and looked worse than Wolfenstein 3D, as the controls were non-responsive and the mech moved glacially slow. I actually thought I made a mistake and the PC got some garbage port of the Amiga version, but nooope. Even Mechwarrior 1 and Earthsiege looked and handled better.

It was like Peter Molyneux, post "Lionhead Studios" era, levels of fraud.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

chaosapiant posted:

Yep, that’s the one! It was a completely boring poo poo game. I’m glad someone else remembers it. Here’s another not good game folks might remember: Savage Warriors.

...I bought that one too. :(

The same complaints with Iron Assault can be made with Savage Warriors. The controls were even more non-responsive than Iron Assaults, which is completely unacceptable for a fighting game.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Yeah before PC Gamer came out I made some comically bad decisions buying games based on their descriptions on the box. The whole FMV/French-developed graphic adventure era was a weird one. Still, they were not as bad as Fallout 76, however.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Donovan Trip posted:

lol apparently the author of that Kotaku article got an email after posting it from a developer in the industry experiencing his PC bricking while playing anthem

$60 dollar virus. cool.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

chaosapiant posted:

I believe that NV is by a wide margin the best Fallout game, even over 1 and 2.

Yup. By a long mile.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Dead Money was annoying for me because I needed to rush through everything as fast as possible, yet there was lots of the level I still wished I could have explored more. The radios and cameras were the worst for me because having to rush into an area to try and find where it is, and then dying by stepping on a bear trap, became ridiculously tiresome. I also wasn't sold on the greed motivation for everyone wanting to stay at the Sierra Madre because the place is basically a red-hued Auschwitz and escaping with your life intact feels like your sole purpose from that point onward. I'm glad that the development team tried something different with the DLC, at least. It's a shame because it's counter-intuitive to the whole "exploring" aspect that the rest of the game has going for it.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

I just started playing Fallout 4 for the first time and surprised that it isn't a role-playing game this time around. I finished going through Lexington and the initial Brotherhood of Steel quests and it plays like a boring, janky rip-off of Borderlands with useless poo poo everywhere. New Vegas and even Fallout 3 had interest everywhere. Is Boston this bland in real life??

New Vegas is the official Fallout 3 in my head and i'll treat it like a closed trilogy along with 1 and 2.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 11, 2019

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean "Bethesda thought X would be a good idea; they were wrong" could be applied to just about any all of their design choices.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Thank you guys for recommending Sim Settlements. Fallout 4 is somewhat holding my interest now.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Ariong posted:

Yeah the first thing I do at the start of any New Vegas game after leaving Doc Mitchell’s house is hang a right, go into Victor’s shack, and dump all of the DLC starting crap into a container. Then later I’ll maybe come back and get something once I feel like I’m at a point where it’s reasonable to have.

The best thing about the jsawyer mod is that it fixes this by putting the DLC weapons in believable places in the wasteland. I can't play without it.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

MH Knights posted:

With the 20th anniversary of Morrowind coming up part of me hopes Bethesda releases and updated version that runs on Win10 without jumping through hoops like you have to do now. But I think modern Bethesda would manage to screw even something that simple up. They sure as hell wouldn't fix any bugs or performance issues the modders resolved twenty years ago.

The recent Warhammer 3: Reforged debacle didn't help either. And unlike Bethesda, Blizzard actually used to release polished, functioning games. Yeah even Morrowind was a buggy mess.

At best they'll probably release it for free for a day on their digital delivery software.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Much like Fallout 4, I only had the desire to play through Fallout 3 once whereas Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas I have played multiple times. It's been debated to death, but although Fallout 3 had very nice exploration I think the big environment is Fallout 3 is also what lead to its downfall. Fallouts 1 and 2, and even New Vegas, had its focus set around very small, but dense maps with the big world abstracted. Fallout 3 and 4 did the opposite with focusing huge on the big world but making all of the important small details abstracted, leading to a formulaic and boring repetition that doesn't lend itself to a memorable experience. I can remember nearly all of the characters and events in New Vegas, but I can't recall anything of note really in Fallout 3 except for vague outline of the game map and Liam Neeson. Also, no matter what, your character in Fallout 3 and 4 have the bethesda character build problem that plagues all of their RPGS: you will end up as a boring generalist who has to do a combination of fighting, thieving and magic/science.

It's completely a design issue because Morrowind shows that they can definitely do better.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 15, 2020

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

After a long time of not playing it, I went back to fallout 4 and beat far harbor. You are all right in that it's the best part of the game and I'm glad I played through it. I really enjoyed that there were long hauls of nothing but beautiful scenery, whereas the Commonwealth is jammed packed with too many locations and becomes overwhelming in the late game. Being a slave to your in-game compass is the only way anything gets done.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Chamale posted:

I made a simple rule that makes Fallout 4 more enjoyable: Never craft or build anything.

If the difficulty is a problem, I recommend maxing out your Endurance stat, and always take 5 luck and Idiot Savant. Idiot Savant is the best perk in the game by an extremely wide margin, even better with a low-intelligence character.

This 100%. Endurance to 10, Luck to 5 with Idiot Savant, and points in Agility to get Sneak, lock picking and AP is a good start and will get you a lot of mileage out of your starting 10mm gun. Crafting and building stuff is soul sucking. It also doesn't help that fallout 4's inventory system is god awful. The Sim Settlements: Rise of the Commonwealth is a really good mod to dodge most of the garbage gathering, supply lines, construction and settler interaction.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

drrockso20 posted:

I'll have to keep that in mind whenever I get a computet that can run 4(I gave up on doing it on PS4 after several soul crushing attempts to do that mission where you have to kill a ton of Raiders in that car factory)

Also had the weirdest random thing happen after I slept once, the sky was all glowing and weird radiation spikes happened even though I wasn't near anything radioactive, what the hell was that?

In the southwest of the map is a place called the Glowing Sea that is highly radioactive. The radiation storms come from there and drift over the Commonwealth.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Also sorry: points into perception too to get lockpicking (just need 4 points)

My starting build is ST: 1, PER: 4, END: 10, CHA: 1, INT: 1, AGI: 6, LCK: 5 with the "You're Special" free point going into AGI for the ninja perk. I will specialize in one weapon type (usually non-automatic pistols) at the start and get idiot savant and sneak as soon as possible.

After that, if I'm going melee i'll go for strength, luck and agility stats. If I'm going for a sniper I'll up perception to 9 + bobblehead and luck. Usually its the sniper one with me picking everyone off at a distance and then switching to a 10mm with a suppressor and running around shooting everyone in the head in V.A.T.S. Eventually you'll want to get your INT up to 4 to get the hacker perk.

The only strength I found with crafting is when it comes to modifying Power Armor and if you don't have access to the Prydwen, and unfortunately that requires a lot of dumping points into several crafting skills to get the most out of. However, I only use Power Armor if I'm in the radioactive southwest or I have to fight against robots and I didn't feel like it was worth it overall.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

chaosapiant posted:

Speaking of SPECIAL, is it possible to do a play through of Fallout 3 or 4 with no or minimal killing? It’s been a while since I played either game, but I feel like both games don’t really support those play styles.

Fallout 3 you might be able to with massive abuse of the speech skill but its going to be a very long struggle and you'd have to plan out everything you're going to do in advance. Fallout 4 you would have to take advantage of dismissing npc's to settlements to kill anything by sending them to a target that is between you and the dismissed settlement in question. Also indoor areas you would have to sneak to the bottom of the dungeon or area in question, dismiss the NPC, and let them do the work without having the kill register in your pip boy stats. Since they're invulnerable they'd be the best way of getting away with killing in the game without actually killing. Also you would have to rely on constructing settlements in order to go up levels. I have absolutely *zero* idea how you would make it through downtown Boston without abusing quicksave/quick reload.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

I just recently beat Fallout 4 again with the railroad faction. They do suck as a faction but the mission in infiltrating the institute to start a full wide synth rebellion was definitely my jam. Only faction I haven't beaten it with yet is the Minutemen because Preston will not shut the gently caress up about settlements and giving me timed quests. gently caress him.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Grimoire posted:

Railroad woulda been better as a generic anti-slaver faction that just so happened to consider the institute as the biggest baddest slavers around. Also, lean heavier into the whole stealth/infiltration theme. And let me ballistic weave all the things tia. Still better than the other factions ideology wise though: the minutemen lack one, bos are for people who don't get that starship troopers was ironic, institute really makes no goddamn sense with any of their plans (dumping super mutants on the commonwealth, giving up on life extension tech, replacing people with synths, etc). It kinda sucks that the minutemen ending is the "best" one

I want another tribal start in fallout. Preferably along the Mississippi or maybe great lakes

edit: wait, scratch that. Give me cajun swampman start in new orleans. Anything other than vault start, tribal, raider, scavenger, courier, whatever

I agree with all of that. Especially the tribal start.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sim Settlements 2 looks incredible. That'll be enough of a motivator to do a Minuteman playthrough.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Ashsaber posted:

Any general advice for Settlement building in FO4? Preston still hasn't gotten to sanctuary for me, but I would like some idea of general tips (besides scrap all the junk, and get supply lines through local leader).

This is for unmodded:

- If you don't want to deal with settlements, build a staircase up to a gigantic wooden box floating in the air and stuffing it with 20 beds in each town.
- When you do The Castle quest, put an artillery cannon up in each of your settlements. Artillery helps with locations where you have to siege against an enemy held up in a building and with large clusters of enemies.
- Get a 2-3 Scavenger stations per settlement. They don't do much in the early game but when you have 10+ settlements doing it you won't have to do anymore scavenging for junk.
- Building the Brahmin Trough will bring in Brahmin which produce fertilizer, which is good for making drugs and allow you to grow vegetables in places with no dirt.
- Build water purifiers and water pumps and bring in an insane amount of water so you will always have lots purified water in your workshop inventory.
- Three crops that you want to focus on mainly are corns, mutfruits and tatos to make vegetable starch for adhesive, which is used in nearly all mods.
- Make sure the Security number in your settlement stats is higher than the other numbers to dissuade attacks on your settlements. Turrets are good but you can assign a single guard up to three guard posts which the guard will then patrol between.
- Since building things gives XP, the most straight forward thing to do is to build nothing but wooden posts and metal toolboxes, since they require the least amount of resources to build, scrap for 50% of their value, and give a ton of XP if you have Idiot Savant tagged.
- If you are playing survival mode, get either chemist level 1 or local leader 2 as fast as possible to either be able to craft antibiotics or assign someone as a doctor in your village.
- Send your NPC's to Home Plate. That way they won't take up a settler pop and you can find them a lot more easily when you want to switch them in and out.
- When making the Institute Teleporter, the three other factions will recommend a place to build it. I found that Home Plate was a better place than what the game recommends since you can gather lots of scrap from Diamond City to build the parts. Plus it saves some space for you to build your floating wooden blocks full of beds in a place that needs it.

That's about it outside of Quest related settlement constructs.

Otherwise, wait for Sim Settlements 2.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 8, 2020

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

chaosapiant posted:

Looks like Sim Settlements 2 dropped on the 30th; Anyone give it a go yet? Thinking of doing up a modded install of Fallout 4.

It's really, really good. It is very professional and worthy of being a DLC in its own right. The new characters are voiced pretty well and it adds quite a bit of new content and locations across the game world. The only two problems are that it just starts out slow and there are bugs in the game that are still being fixed as of the time I'm typing this. I don't recommend playing it with Survival mode enabled, either

Heck the story in it is competent and makes sense. The lead character in the game also acknowledges that your character just had their entire world changed and has some sympathy for your plight unlike literally every other character in the game.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 1, 2020

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Taerkar posted:

Why is that?

Building the radio beacon tower didn't summon the Stranger for me still and the Workshop UI wasn't working for me in Survival mode. It might be patched now but after 3 tries in a row I stopped bothering and turned on Normal mode. Suddenly no bugs!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Fargin Icehole posted:

there's a certain planet where it might feel like it'll overstay it's welcome. I chose to do drat near 100% of the planet and it's my fault, but the worst that this game has to offer to me doesn't come close to Fallout 4. I genuinely did not enjoy FO4

I feel you. It took me many attempts at the game before I finally enjoyed it accepted that it had more in common with Borderlands than any of the previous fallout games.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

TheLoneStar posted:

I hate this about Preston more than any of the poo poo with marking another settlement on my map that needs help. You tell the guy your baby has been kidnapped and he's just like "Wow, that's really rough man, so sorry. So...uh...say, wanna do a few favors for me?"

What a scumbag.

Preston is the whole reason why I've never done the Minutemen ending.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

ASenileAnimal posted:

i recommend survival mode if you want to try a run with less spongy enemies. it was probably the most fun i had with 4. the only problem with it is i have no idea how you can play anything other than a stealth character in it cause early game is super brutal with how often youll get oneshot by stuff like molotovs. also you can only save by sleeping in a bed so a mod that lets you save anywhere is a good idea.

Seconding having a "save anywhere" mod and maybe a way to enable the console. Survival mode fixes half of the game's problems for me and makes the commonwealth a pretty dangerous place, but there is some bullshit where the game might corrupt your saved game file and sometimes an important objective will clip through the geometry of the world that you need the console to fix.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Max Wilco posted:

I re-read the Fallout 2 LP on the Archive again, and I'm thinking about giving Fallout 2 another try, but I wanted to ask whether I should use the unofficial patch and/or Restoration patch, or just play it as it is. I've got the GOG version, which I think has the widescreen fix set up already, but that's it.

Reason I ask is because I know the unofficial patch fixes some exploits and alters some things, but I know without it, there are some bugs regarding finishing quests, getting certain endings, etc.

I'll also ask what makes for a good build. I've always tried to lean toward passing dialog checks and using Small Guns for combat, but with F1 and F2, I find I have a harder time doing that.

I highly recommend using the restoration patch. It's kind of similar to the restoration content for the unofficial Vampire: Bloodlines patch: The quality of the new content is haphazard, but none of it feels like it was out of place or inappropriate (a couple of the new locations were pretty good, even.)