Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...

PresidentArk posted:

meanwhile, in speedrun land...

Yeah that's pretty insane. The most amazing part of to me isn't even the speed -- it's the ability to get about a quarter more lift/velocity on the jumps than I've ever been able to do. I don't know if that's hardware related or there's some settings trick or whatever, but it's not just momentum-based in some parts. In any case, I could probably get to the point of getting through it in 10 minutes or a little less if I practiced far more than I would ever want to. But that video and some of the other speedruns of it are just off-the-scale crazy.

oblivion456328 posted:

Congratulations!

Now play the golf one.

Thanks!

And no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I've been wondering if mouse sensitivity settings would impact the game - having it maxed out is gonna make the mouse inpute move faster.

Along those lines, I'd be fascinated to see if anyone's played it using a wacom tablet, where pen input is absolute rather than relative (ie, cursor moves to where the pen is [x,y], rather than 'increase x/y by [ mouse movement]'). I think you'd struggle to get enough speed to do well, but it'd be a hell of a workout.

e: clitmouse = godmode.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Congratulations for finishing this. I'd have given up long ago.

Deathwind posted:

There are two things not shown near the end, one is a cameo of the character from sexy hiking, the other is this game's one true game over state.

Indeed. But to show these off, you'd have to play again from the beginning. Completionist or not, I shall forgive Thotimx if he decides not to go for these.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Belated congratulations on finally putting a pin in this one! What a stunt of a game.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
Yeah it was … it was really something :P. But thank you. I did seriously consider giving it up when I was spending like 10 hours or so figuring out how to do the steps part. That was really the only time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
More congrats, and like others have said, I would've given up on it about halfway through. While it's definitely fun to watch, I know I'd very quickly run out of any fun I started with playing it.

• Locked thread