Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

would a dev union cause the bubble to pop?

No. Scabs would scoop up all dev jobs immediately. There's no loyalty in tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

lancemantis posted:

is it an amazon strip club?

no snu snu in the champagne room

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

That wristband will be connected to a TENS unit that only allows you to grasp the correct item and punches you in the genitals if you veer too far from the track or slow down.

Also good on ya. gently caress cameras in an interview.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Aliens be like fukk yeah jeff lynne rules

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

For sure those disconnects should be automatically disconnected redundantly with an easily accessible manual and toolless breaker but welp

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Hi I'm the rear end in a top hat stuck in the car in the Austrian alps for four hours because the first responders need to wait for a Tesla CS rep to tell them how to specifically chop the c pillar with a saw to get at a fuckin wire

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Ikea led bulbs are so epically poo poo. They're all like one narrow spike of red/orange or blue light. Can't take decent photos and they make you look like a weird monster.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Cool uncirc'd F100

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

haha

I saw a smart car get clipped in the right rear one time and the whole rear axle ejected under the rear bumper.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

When I lived in Bernal Heights for a minute the neighbor behind me got a rooster that would sleep in the tree outside my window. Every day at four thirty for like 45 minutes this loving thing cockadoodlin' out there joined by choruses of 'shut up you poo poo rooster'. It lasted like three weeks before somebody blasted it.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

SF police are just as racist as police anywhere else in the US hth.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

seriously somebody try to explain why Fahrenheit is better than Celsius, without using “that’s what I’m used to”

I don't care but here's one. 0-100 degrees is about the tolerable range of human comfort.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Xaris posted:

only travel related, but air norwegian has really cheap flights out of oakland for like $200. has anyone flown them and is the 787 actually a lot more comfortable to fly internationally? i heard humidity or somethingi s better so you dont get dried out nose/throat and face

Yap they're pretty good. Upgrades aren't too expensive either.

Also

"Adjusting The Boring Company plan: all tunnels & Hyperloop will prioritize pedestrians & cyclists over cars"

LOLon Musk

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

was in the process of fishmeching for an answer and welp this is loving stupid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_(atmospheric_phenomenon)

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

mom! it's not a honkoff hangar it's a self love quonset hut

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

idk growing up we did very regular tornado drills where we all got under our desks and hoped that the tornado didn't eat us and it didn't gently caress anyone up, i'm sure shooting drills seem terrifying to us as a concept but to kids it's probably just noise at this point with no real meaning

when i realized that there was never a tornado within a thousand miles of our town and these were actually nuclear holocaust duck and cover drills i got real mad

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

text me

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

i think political correctness is impeding free speech. also please stop exercising free speech in telling me what i should and shouldn't say. also i'm a gay dream dragon that sucks from the veins of the youth and wears a fursuit on the weekends.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Wanna be the first guy to design adversarial image camo shirts that code to GREEN LIGHT ALL CLEAR SPEED LIMIT 200 MPH

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

FMguru posted:

theranos was amazing

when a reporter harasses me in safeway I call the ceo of general mills and get an immediate response

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Does that say that nobody has died in an 2014 quattro A6 or 535 in the US this year/in 2014? That's amazing.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

It's because you live in a shithole. Move to a real city and be compensated accordingly.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

infernal machines posted:

lmao. holy loving poo poo.

Looks like a pretty fun ride tho and imagine the screaming!

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Do jocks actually beat people up or is that some poo poo we all just internalized from tv like if you don't lose your virginity by the time you're 27 that makes you a loser?

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

lol the dvr of yore

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

There is a difference between a box of hamburger helper and an orange. One is heavily processed the other is not. This is what people mean by processed food. Nice fuckin sophistry though ya buncha buffoon rear end tricks.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Another difference is how long it takes your stomach to process it. A cup of milk goes through instantly, but a cup of celery takes a lot longer to break down.

Those are the big reasons they tell you to eat lots of vegetables if you're on a diet. low caloric density and high digestion time. Keeps you fuller, longer.

Right. Which is why it's dumb to talk about calories in/out and easier to talk about things that grow and live on the planet vs things that are processed with added fats, starches, and sugars. Your digestive system is much more complex than a gasoline engine. You could probably eat 10000 calories of coconut oil a day and not gain weight but you're not going to feel super great either as your body struggles to process it and you fail to absorb half of it.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

why do people lock their car doors? it's not a portable safe zone fortress for keeping your stuff and especially now it's not like you have 40 cds and a discman riding along in there.

have parked in sf for 15 years, nobody ever hosed with my car :welp:

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

no dirty randy and the boys incidents so far :D

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

President Beep posted:

someone stole my car battery once :/

loving lol

seems like it's pretty easy to tell a cop that you locked the door tho

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

One time in phx i had a couple roommates and we were partying down and then everybody went to bed except me and my girl. we were just hanging out in the living room and heard this horrible crash. we were both like hmmmm we should check that out but we were too lazy and wasted so we said gently caress it and went to bed. in the morning we found out somebody broke the windows and basically stole the whole interior of my mate's integra. he was a dick anyway though so i didn't feel too bad about it.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

phx is like if the south all decided to clean up and join fraternities/sororities. it sucks and it rules at the same time.

also look at those poo poo tires

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

My buddy was a manager at lowe's and had to enforce the corporate policy of accepting any and all returns, including for things that were clearly not purchased at lowe's like husky and craftsman brand tools and random clothes from target. So if you want to sell your old nintendo games for ten thousand dollars hit em up.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

go play outside Skyler posted:

yeah, I always laugh at people who change their money at change offices or at the ATM rates. the absolute best exchange rate you can get is from your bank. any other options means you're getting hosed. almost literally.

this is incorrect as gently caress depending on where you are. atm rates are usually really good and you don't have to order it or travel with cash like a ruffian mountebank.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

At least they're doing the noble thing and killing the driver/destroying the car instead of pedestrians.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

it looks like it's blinking the lane departure warning because it also highlights the left side of the lane

e: wait no it starts blinking before that, i have no idea but lol at how fuckin' subtle the "hey you're about to die fyi" warnings are

Pretty cool how it won't slow down without intervention. Seems like you'd build the "don't run into poo poo directly in front of you" part before the "don't drive off the road" part.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

are those musk tweets the first inkling of corncobification or were there others before that?

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

ehhhhhh problematic opinions popping from the thread like daisies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

a useful idiot