Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah for all the hype about choices matter in XCOM2: War of the Chosen, the reality is that if you're in the mid game then a squadwipe of your a team means it's game over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The xenonauts devs are probably considering the same offer from epic right now.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Like 90% of games today use the steam backend for multiplayer. Do these epic store exclusives still do that? Will they be allowed to in the future?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Epic did add two factor. I found my primary email had already been used to make an account. Which suggests that fortnite doesn’t make you confirm your email, which is weird.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Seems like Fig should be hitting back hard on this.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I still want to know how it's gonna work out with multiplayer. Because a lot of these games going Epic exclusive already use the Steam backend and if Steam wants to, it can absolutely just decide that games that are Epic exclusive aren't allowed to use their backend. This would then force Epic to build a competing multiplayer system and then devs will have to choose one when they begin development.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Delete what? Your Epic account and library or a forums account?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

How much of the game is there?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I think the movement/action system is a great upgrade over XCOM. No more 'you can move and shoot, but can't shoot and move' or 'you can't move 12 tiles in this direction, but you can't do it if you move first 6 tiles, and the 6 more'.

Yeah the best part of XCOM was always counting my time units and being 1 off because I crouched.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The best one was afterlight.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I agree the art style was a bit meh in afterlight. But the underlying mechanics for your base, research and exploration was stellar. You also had the theme of desperation as your men died, I remember losing the big tanky guy and his teenager daughter had to pick up a rifle in his stead.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Iretep posted:

Explosives being the solution is just a by product of the game not punishing damaging stuff harsh enough. Like in original xcom even shooting civilians didnt hurt your wallet at all. Personally id rather have the option of destroying stuff if i had to but the game still saying holy poo poo people are angry and youre getting fined or something.

XCOM Apocalypse sort of did it with the faction system punishing you with reputation loss if you damaged buildings, but it was half baked like so much else in the game. Fighting at a slum midlate game? Line all your soldiers up in a row and hold down the attack button and demolish an entire apartment block.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hopefully gamepass unlocks in 10.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baconroll posted:

Install completed on the Pc for me a few mins ago and just started the game.

Did you get it on the microsoft store? I still can't even find the listing.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

New Jericho seem like a bunch of overt fascists and borderline Nazis with their purity and order narratives. They try to put their leader off as an Elon Musk but he’s just an rear end in a top hat control freak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Watching beagle play the game wasn’t very fun because it was obvious he just wanted to poo poo on the game instead of play it. He didn’t even poo poo on it in a funny way.