Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beer pal

hey fellow new yorkers, its me beerpalNYC definitiely posting from the coolest city in the world where i live and work, the big apple. who wants to mee tup at katz's deli later or go down to the world famous chinese theatre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

*riding the "el" train* haha look out everyone, new yorker here going to work!!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Beer pal, I believe you, because I am but a simple country lad who does not yet know the ways of the city.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hello there new yorker pal beer pal!!!!! shall we meet at that normal every day location for REAL new yorkers to hang out, the times square, and go to see the singing cowboy while he is in his underpants so that we can be real new yorkers like every day ? ? ?

alnilam

*tries comically to bite a gigantic apple but it's too big to even get my teeth around!!*

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Om frum Yonkizz, you know- UPSTATE

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Golly gosh would ya lookit all dem buildings!

FreshCutFries

greetings from my new job in the large city. my office is in the statue of liberty with the rest of the city's work force. my office is in the knee. i hope to one day work up to the head. the torch is higher but it is reserved for the preserved corpses of York's (little known fact: it's not all that new anymore) greatest heroes; Rudy Giuliani's 1st and 3rd bodies, the city's founder Sir Newton of York, and the Bart Simpson Macy's parade float.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Just wait until the big city gets a load of a hayseed like me, I'll certainly make a splash with no effort at all!

Manifisto

you are all invited to my gigantic apartment right off central park which I am able to afford on the salary of a humble barista/comedian

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Manifisto posted:

you are all invited to my gigantic apartment right off central park which I am able to afford on the salary of a humble barista/comedian

Heck yeah, I'm your wacky unemployed neighbor with his own suspiciously nice apartment and I'll be over in 5 mins!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
REAL cool new yorkers speak dutch. Here is a common thing to hear in NYC, aka new york city:

hallo mede new yorker, aan welke kant van de golden gate bridge woon je?

beer pal

just ran into one of the celebrities today, but its no big deal since it happens all the time when you live in new york like me

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

beer pal

"thats just how it goes in new yourK!" - me, the new yorker

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Hey man, how about we eat a bagel and then maybe a knish Central Park flatiron district the village Brooklyn 5th avenue

Macnult

“I live in New York City!” *crickets chirping*

“I’m from New York City!” *crowd goes wild*

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Awright guvnor me and me old Chinas have just been trading a few ponies on the stocks in the shard and we’re going to catch a black cab to Canary Wharf and quaff a few sherberts!!! In New York!

cda

by Hand Knit
Ey! I'm walkin heah! On a street, in New Yawk!

BoldFrankensteinMir

I am scared of certain parts of town because my parents were!

Koishi Komeiji

It's me, the guy from New York who has opinions about the different neighborhoods here and where to get the best pizza at. How ya' doing? (That's New Yorker slang for hello!)

Macnult

uh sorry but I ordered a pizza?? not a huge chunky block of cheese! haha just messin’ with ya Lorenzo the pizzas great as always ya really know how to make a New Yawk pizza with all that fuggin’ cheese in there and poo poo deadass

Manifisto

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It's me, the guy from New York who has opinions about the different neighborhoods here and where to get the best pizza at. How ya' doing? (That's New Yorker slang for hello!)

as I'm sure you agree, EHo is best for pizza (new york style pizza of course, but we just call it "pizza" here). CirBeCa is good for Cosmos after the theater. Bambi is the coolest brooklyn neighborhood that nobody has heard of yet, except for "hip" people like myself.

ty nesamdoom!

wearing a lampshade

Constantly eating pizza and comparing it to "real authentics za, like my mutha mades it"

beer pal

joke_explainer

Ehhh I'm in new york, check out my favorite clock, Big Ben! It's inset in Elizabeth Tower, a building here in NEW YORK, the city that never sleeps!!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hey I'm from New York, watch me take a ten year victory lap after a terrorist attack and wear out my welcome with the rest of the country! Hey TaXI! I gotta get me some bagels here!

joke_explainer

One thing us new yorkers love to do is to visit the grand pyramids of the ancient pharaohs. You worried about osiris measuring your heart against a feather to grant access to the afterlife? Fuhgetaboutit!! this is new york baby!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

New York is famous for it's famous skyline, featuring attractions such as:
The Sears Tower
The Chrysler Building
The Space Needle
A Miniature Eiffel Tower
A Giant Pyramid
Touchdown Jesus
and many more

beer pal

joke_explainer posted:

One thing us new yorkers love to do is to visit the grand pyramids of the ancient pharaohs. You worried about osiris measuring your heart against a feather to grant access to the afterlife? Fuhgetaboutit!! this is new york baby!

lol

BoldFrankensteinMir

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Touchdown Jesus

It's funny, my grandma is 90 years old, never lived outside The Bronx, but she's never been to Touchdown Jesus. Too many tourists!

vanisher

BoldFrankensteinMir

Whoa, get a load of this guy heah, he thinks he can make meta-jokes about New York even though he ain't ever been heah. What a ethnic insult, this guy! Hey I'm walkin' heah!

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

i'm yorkin' here

Twenty Four

I mean, I wasn't going to go on a second date with them, but, like you know that new trendy restaurant? The one with the 4 month wait list? We got right in. And after, you should have seen them hail a cab! Arm up, and bam, one was there less then a second later.

cda

by Hand Knit

joke_explainer posted:

Koishi Komeiji

People are always making jokes about New Yorkers saying "I'm walkin' ova heer!" but I went to New York and they really are walking over there. Who knew? I guess that's just another example of life imitating art :shrug:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
This:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Quick New York mom convo before me and my brother would leave the house wen we wuz a cupola kidz: "I wanchuz back by A LEVIN and not a sekint LATUH! Yuz here me? I luv yuz now be good and get outta my sight!"

Translation: "I want you guys back by 11PM and not a second later! Do you both hear me? I love the two of you so go out and try not to get arrested!"

Senior Management

OP is actually from New Jersey

:jerry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Senior Management posted:

OP is actually from New Jersey

Worse, Baltimore

• Locked thread