Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show would you rather be on?
Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy
View Results

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Which would you rather be on and why? Both are shows you can win money on and both are shows you can watch with your grandparents.

PS - I'm ugly and have no alibi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Family feud.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pat sajak is a jerk

alex trebek is also a jerk but he's a cooler jerk

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jeopardy.
Wheel of Fortune sucks in general but the prizes are stupidly done. "oh you've had $0 the entire game and couldn't guess Men's R--m but got the last puzzle right and won 2000? Well surprise that was a travel puzzle! We're sending you around the world for six months! The trip is worth $100,000! That makes you the winner now"

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Jeopardy because it can help you get free food at trivia night. Wheel of Fortune is just Pat Sajek mugging for the camera while idiots play hangman.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My elementary school librarian was on Jeopardy. We were all very excited for her. She didn't do very well :smith:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

How is this even a question? It's Jeopardy.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
If you lose on Wheel you still might be able to leave with a decent amount of money.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Jeopardy. I’d get to draw a dick as my answer to the final question.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
This man was elected president of the United States in 2016.

Congratulations to our winner, Pvt. Scott!

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
double edged sword. you have the potential to win more money on jeopardy but if you do bad people will roast you on the internet

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

what is jeopardy? things in my butt for 800

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'd rather play Wheel of Fortune. The way the clickers work on Jeopardy, you basically have to start clicking almost as soon as the text hits the screen in order to get called; that's why occasionally you'll see someone beep in and then just look completely baffled when it's time to actually answer the question. It wouldn't be nearly as fun to actually play the game on TV as it is to guess at it from home.

There's more luck involved in Wheel, but you also get to spin a big wheel.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
As a kid I always wanted to spin the wheel just for the fun of it

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Wheel of Fortune because I don't have the brainpower to retain research on famous underwater basket weavers or any art movements they started. Also pretty likely I'll at least get to take home more than $1000 even if I find myself playing just as dumb as other contestants.

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
Pat Sajak's face is incredibly small for his massive skull, so I'm gonna go with Jeopardy.

Seriously, if you stare long enough it looks like his face is getting swallowed into the middle of his giant loving head.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Pat is so often unintentionally an rear end that its kind of funny, feel bad for Vanna though you can tell she's rolling her eyes inside her head half the time when he speaks.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Also as a kid I thought if you ended a Jeopardy match with a negative score, that meant you had to pay that money to the show. Made the game way more tense.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Gaunab posted:

Which would you rather be on and why? Both are shows you can win money on and both are shows you can watch with your grandparents.

PS - I'm ugly and have no alibi

my family used to watch jeopardy and play along, and they stopped when my mom and i's education outpaced everyone else's :smug: :smith:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Good thing they don't ask about grammar :jerkbag:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
indeed! :pseudo:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jeopardy, they only choose stupid people for Wheel.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jeopardy, more money.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
let's play bamboozle !

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the truth can't be known and most of the facts on jeopardy are opinions wheel of fortune all the way

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Jeopardy is a way better show, but stupid people can win on Wheel so I'd rather be on that. Then again I'd rather be able to say I was on Jeopardy.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I'd rather play Wheel of Fortune. The way the clickers work on Jeopardy, you basically have to start clicking almost as soon as the text hits the screen in order to get called; that's why occasionally you'll see someone beep in and then just look completely baffled when it's time to actually answer the question. It wouldn't be nearly as fun to actually play the game on TV as it is to guess at it from home.

There's more luck involved in Wheel, but you also get to spin a big wheel.

That's not true. You can only buzz in after Alex finishes reading the question. And they even tried to make it more fair (so it's not just the fastest presses-per-second) by adding a lockout time if you buzz too early. Ultimately a faster button presser will have the advantage, but it's not like you don't have time to think about the question before the buzzer opens up.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 2, 2018

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Honky Dong Country posted:

Jeopardy, more money.

If you're smart.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Vanna White is getting pretty old now, not sure why they haven't replaced her with a hot young chick.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

me, an intellectual: deal or no deal

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fat sajack or gaylex trebeck hmmmm. :jerkbag:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jeopardy sucks because you can actually end up owing the show money if you’re really dumb whereas 0 is as low as you can go on wheel of fortune plus it’s empowering because a woman turns the letters on the board around even though they wired that poo poo up and figured out how to do it with computer technology they still didn’t fire her and let her use touch screens which were probably super expensive to install and program but hey it’s network tv so. Jeopardy doesn’t need a woman to do that poo poo they’ve always done that with computers or maybe just like some really homely dude in the control room. :shrug:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Don't watch either anymore, but I once won 500 bucks on a wheel of Fortune slot machine in the Vegas airport, so I'm gonna have to go with wheel.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I was really good at Rock and Roll Jeopardy. A few people told me so when I asked them if they thought I was good at it, like if I was on it, did they think I'd win? And they said yes. Like, two people. So not a few. Two.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

BUT I did like Wheel of Fortune when they had the showcase part where the person's face would be in the corner of the screen and you'd get to pick the prize you wanted. So early 80s Wheel of Fortune. Or Rock and Roll Jeopardy. OR Supermarket Sweep. Final answer.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would prefer to compete in American Gladiators

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tonight on Jeopardy they had a football related category and not a single one of the three contestants even buzzed in on a single question.
I've never seen that before in my life.

They weren't even hard football questions either (first round category). I can see one or two contestants being turbo-spergs and not being football people or whatever, but, and not trying to be sexist here, 2 of the contestants were male and they were mostly bitch rear end easy football questions.
At one point Alex asked "Should we...go to commercial, maybe?"
The last one was a video one with a guy pointing to the names of the names of the Minnesota Vikings defensive line that go around their ring of honor in their stadium and asking for what they were referred to as (the names are all in giant Vikings purple placards and the answer is "purple people eaters" which I understand if they wouldn't have gotten) but since it was the last clue and no one had even rung in previously, when the camera came back, it went right to Alex saying "If any of you even ring in on this, I. WILL. DIIEEE." and then the buzzer went off.

Best Jeopardy segment I may have ever seen, if bizarre.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
the price is right

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
We need a real life running man show. I’d win every time FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

me your dad posted:

How is this even a question? It's Jeopardy.

• Locked thread