Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The Transfer Window has slammed shut. Insane amounts of money were spent. City is still walking the league. Wenger, however, is not walking, nor will he ever. Vive l'Arsene!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Leicester's Riyad Mahrez has missed training and is reportedly on strike after missing out on a deadline day move to Manchester City, according to Sky Sports.

Mahrez was reportedly left devastated by the failure to move this month and a friend of the winger told Sky Sports News on Wednesday: "Riyad is very depressed this evening over the events of the last two days. He doesn't understand why Leicester have behaved in the way they have.

"This is the fourth transfer window in which Leicester have said they will allow him to leave. He feels very strongly that he has done everything in his powers for the club....

"Joining Manchester City would have been a dream for him. Playing for Pep Guardiola is something he is still desperate to do. That seems a long way off right now. He's very down about how he's been treated by a club he has served so well."

I wish I had a 140k pw job I could go on strike from tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i hope liverpool overtake manchester united this month and then next month they overtake manchester city and then the month after that they win the title op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is this the beginning of the end for Burnley? Their hope of staying in the top 10, anyway. That's some pretty bad form. Honest question.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Leicester's Riyad Mahrez has missed training and is reportedly on strike after missing out on a deadline day move to Manchester City, according to Sky Sports.

Mahrez was reportedly left devastated by the failure to move this month and a friend of the winger told Sky Sports News on Wednesday: "Riyad is very depressed this evening over the events of the last two days. He doesn't understand why Leicester have behaved in the way they have.

"This is the fourth transfer window in which Leicester have said they will allow him to leave. He feels very strongly that he has done everything in his powers for the club....

"Joining Manchester City would have been a dream for him. Playing for Pep Guardiola is something he is still desperate to do. That seems a long way off right now. He's very down about how he's been treated by a club he has served so well."

I wish I had a 140k pw job I could go on strike from tbh

Lol he signed a new contract in August 16 so there’s no way 4 transfer windows have happened.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vive l'Arsene!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The last time Wengy panick bought in January like this it was Arshavin and that was enough to secure the 4th place trophy. I don't think it will work this time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mahrez should hire raiola if he wants to move clubs

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Gigi Galli posted:

Is this the beginning of the end for Burnley? Their hope of staying in the top 10, anyway. That's some pretty bad form. Honest question.

I don't think Burnley would be that disappointed to finish safely in the bottom half tbh

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mahrez is a goddamn bitch
Should gently caress off back to whatever hellhole he’s from and get some perspective

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Gigi Galli posted:

They haven't won a game since that disgraceful Sean Dyche eats worms blood libel. Dark forces at work here.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Also in other news Africans Cause Mayhem Man has been sacked and Wenger has done his usual post transfer window money is ruining football speech

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Bape Culture posted:

Mahrez is a goddamn bitch
Should gently caress off back to whatever hellhole he’s from and get some perspective

they’re called “shitholes” now OP

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

cant wait for west ham to sign nothing but black players in the summer to prove they arent racist, imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

cant wait for west ham to sign nothing but black players in the summer to prove they arent racist, imo

Buy both Ayews.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

works for liverpool tbf

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

Also in other news Africans Cause Mayhem Man has been sacked and Wenger has done his usual post transfer window money is ruining football speech

*in a dave whelan voice*

technically... he's right

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Any Leicester players who turn out for them tomorrow are scabs imo.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

vyelkin posted:

i hope liverpool overtake manchester united this month and then next month they overtake manchester city and then the month after that they win the title op

alternatively, i hope spurs crush liverpool and start them on a losing streak where the only bright spots are taking points away from manchester united and chelsea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lot 49 posted:

Any Leicester players who turn out for them tomorrow are scabs imo.

?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Mahrez is on strike so anyone who turns up to play football is a scab, it's not complicated

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

works for liverpool tbf

Signing black players has worked. Proving they're not racist, ehhhhhhhh.

Has anything happened with that Firmino thing by the by?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blinkz0rz posted:

alternatively, i hope spurs crush liverpool and start them on a losing streak where the only bright spots are taking points away from manchester united and chelsea

Hmm. I don't like this.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

tarbrush posted:

Signing black players has worked. Proving they're not racist, ehhhhhhhh.

Has anything happened with that Firmino thing by the by?

Still being investigated by the FA as of a couple days ago.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I haven't actually looked at the table in months so let me do some big lols at Southampton

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

I haven't actually looked at the table in months so let me do some big lols at Southampton

Also that Palace are staying up because they hired a goblin after losing their first seven matches and not scoring a goal while conceding 17.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

The relegation battle is real cool and good right now and I hope it stays that way to the last day

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Also that Palace are staying up because they hired a goblin after losing their first seven matches and not scoring a goal while conceding 17.

He’s taken Palace above Rafa in the table. Turns out Rafa is a fraud and Liverpool fans are the worst, just as I’ve always said.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

Frank de Boer is possibly the biggest fraud out there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
wow did not realize Southampton had only won four (4) games this whole season

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Frank de Boer is possibly the biggest fraud out there.

This is canon.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i think you've both forgotten ryan giggs is now the manager of wales

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Insurrectionist posted:

Yeah same. Had a long chat with the Saints fans in the office last night and whilst most of them thing that they'll get out of it, there's a serious concern that they'll go down.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol that they sacked puel who is now doing really well with leicester to sign some wasteman who managed la liga's lowest scoring team last season

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I see the result of this match is such a given nobody even bothers posting about it

Well here's the first: it's pretty boring

E: hmmm

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
That wasnt bad.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
someone make a thread

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Insurrectionist posted:

I see the result of this match is such a given nobody even bothers posting about it

Well here's the first: it's pretty boring

E: hmmm

Nobody actually supports man city

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I watched Swansea play City's u23s last night and wan't impressed until I was told that City's players were all 16 and 17 years old.

Giggsy needs to call up Matt Smith he's class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

c0burn posted:

Nobody actually supports man city

One of my bosses is from Manchester and has been supporting them since he was a kid. Dude's in his 40s.

He's drat happy, but in a "what the gently caress this is really surreal" kind of way.

• Locked thread