Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I don't understand all of the uproar about the weather for the match. The air temperature was above freezing ffs, and the pitch temperature was 17C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I’m watching it now and I’m laughing at the man city blue lines

and danny welbeck

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Steven Pienaar has retired. He was pretty good for a while there.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43242011

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eau de MacGowan posted:

mustafi of all people throwing shade :ironicat:

I was just about to say, that man is one of the biggest frauds in world football.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I was just about to say, that man is one of the biggest frauds in world football.

That's why he fits in so well at Arsenal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

It’s amazing Wengy has so much faith in him given that he wants out and seems to hate Wengy. I guess that speaks to the defenders that Wenger has bought since Koscielny.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie posted:

It’s amazing Wengy has so much faith in him given that he wants out and seems to hate Wengy. I guess that speaks to the defenders that Wenger has bought since Koscielny.

per was good for a while

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

per was good for a while

He's great as long as he doesn't have to move.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
dont get how Conte can’t figure out this Arsenal side

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

per was good for a while

True. I forgot about Big Per.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Benayoun was also really useful for the Arse that season

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

brocked posted:

He must hold the record for playing for the most "top four/five/six" sides in the Premier League while winning the least trophies.

His only trophy was being on then bench for the 2013 Europa League final with Chelsea alongside a 17 year old Nathan Ake.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

It was a decent silly season all things considered. It’s just that Wengy waited until arsenal got historically humiliated to do anything.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
What was the name of that ugly idiot who Wengy paid like 15m for in 2014 that was a red card and own goal generator?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’ve watched most of the city game now, and it wasn’t as bad as I expected. But my god Arsenal’s midfield is a a garbage fire. Also every player had a moment in the match where you could see each one individually lose all hope, which was kinda cool.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Reprisal posted:

What was the name of that ugly idiot who Wengy paid like 15m for in 2014 that was a red card and own goal generator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0Z68BCcM4

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

David Silva is good at football.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Mustafi sucks but I think that isn’t helped by the well publicised fact that Wenger doesn’t coach defenders at all, he just throws them in and it’s sink or swim. Like Squillacci wasn’t regarded as a complete clown until he got to Arsenal, I’m not saying he was ever gonna be great but he might have looked more competent in a well drilled system.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I Stand With Arsène.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

If I were Mustafi I'd hang my head in shame, that guy can gently caress off. Can you imagine any other manager not firing him into the sun after what he pulled on Sunday, let alone keeping him in the starting lineup? Wengy's misplaced faith is also the only thing keeping Xhaka's career going, so there's that. I'm melting, in a downward direction.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

brocked posted:

wtf I don't remember him playing for Arsenal at all. Maybe it was the year I was having some alcohol problems.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
an advanced stat

https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/969333650847346688

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

T Bowl posted:

STAT: The Gunners have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 10 Premier League matches, including tonight, for the first time since February 2002.

Funny thing is that they won the league that year.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Funny thing is that they won the league that year.

They only dropped 7 points during that run though, and then won their remaining 13 matches.

They've dropped 15 during the current run.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Shrapnig posted:

They only dropped 7 points during that run though, and then won their remaining 13 matches.

They've dropped 15 during the current run.

Ohh yeah, they're poo poo.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

excellent. I miss Neanderthal-pastiche Diego Costa.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TheEFCForum/status/969547901029502976

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but they won't go down :shrug:

They were 3-3-6 when he came on, now they're 9-7-12 and 7 points clear. Probably worth the cost of buying him out when they suck next season.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

17th place and a pint of wine

enough to embolden the spirit of any man

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

17th place and a pint of wine

enough to embolden the spirit of any man

Just a pint? Big Sam doesn't do pints.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

T Bowl posted:

Just a pint? Big Sam doesn't do pints.

Please google allardyce pint of wine before you make a fool of yourself.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
meh, he'd drink more than a pint is the point, part of why he requested it in that glass so he could down more and not have to wait on a server to refill it. (it was probably beer tbh)

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

T Bowl posted:

meh, he'd drink more than a pint is the point, part of why he requested it in that glass so he could down more and not have to wait on a server to refill it. (it was probably beer tbh)

could be the worst post ever

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yes it's funny to think it was wine. That's the exact type of glass a lovely lager that has no head is served in usually.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Looks like tom was right

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Yes it's funny to think it was wine. That's the exact type of glass a lovely lager that has no head is served in usually.

Imaging being this wrong and standing your ground

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Or it was wine, who loving cares... sam likes his wine in larger quantities yep.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Tbf the dirty little secret of the pint of wine meme was always that it was probably just a beer.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Tbf the dirty little secret of the pint of wine meme was always that it was probably just a beer.

Please don't ruin this very good Big Sam fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It was a pint of sauvignon blanc and I wont hear otherwise.

• Locked thread