Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ll=1#post918716

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

here's one of a guy who claimed he got 722 million points in the 2600 version of Discs of Tron which would take 85 straight hours of play. http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ore-722-368-800

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...core-99-999-990

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

here's one of a guy who claimed he got 722 million points in the 2600 version of Discs of Tron which would take 85 straight hours of play. http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ore-722-368-800

the first post mentions the video is in double time so it would actually take 160 hours lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

"Come on. Be gone with this score...Before I drop a house on it."

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
todd rogers has the world record high score of 121 stars in super mario 64

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Ive been browsing the Accepted Score Disputes archive and its fairly awesome. There's guys posting stuff about scores verified in 1998 and pointing out that the score counter always ends in a zero, so it would be impossible for this score to exist because the last digit is an 8. Lol

thats pretty common for arcade games and all true gamers know that. usually the last digit is reserved for number of credits 0 = 1cc 1 = 1 extra credit etc.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

one time i played crazy taxi on the dreamcast for like 6 hours straight so it would be easy to keep playing for 10x that long

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
the day Ocarina of Time came out i had to take a poo poo so I got the small 13" CRT TV from the kitchen and hooked it up in the bathroom

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

some of those old games have high score strats where you build up 99 lives and it buys you enough time to nap for a half hour lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

P-Mack posted:

some of those old games have high score strats where you build up 99 lives and it buys you enough time to nap for a half hour lol

sounds like that player needed some Gamer Grub

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

one time i played crazy taxi on the dreamcast for like 6 hours straight so it would be easy to keep playing for 10x that long

i dont know .. its like training for a half marathon vs a full marathon. its only twice the distance , but you need 10 times the preparation

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personally i think nothing of playing a game for 8 hours straight but anything more than that and its like ... the physical fatigue .. the mental fog is causing you to appreciate the game less .. you start to cut corners ... and all within in the space of 30 minutes youre suddenly trapped in a prison of your own making

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

personally i think nothing of playing a game for 8 hours straight but anything more than that and its like ... the physical fatigue .. the mental fog is causing you to appreciate the game less .. you start to cut corners ... and all within in the space of 30 minutes youre suddenly trapped in a prison of your own making

one time i played europa universalis for like 18 hours straight. a truely dark tiem in my life

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

everyone had that one day in college where you get out of class at like noon on the day a new Civ game comes out and then like 16 hours later, you finally drop out of the haze, shower, and realize you can't sleep because you see workers building railroads and hear Slavonic Dances when you try to close your eyes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

everyone had that one day in college where you get out of class at like noon on the day a new Civ game comes out and then like 16 hours later, you finally drop out of the haze, shower, and realize you can't sleep because you see workers building railroads and hear Slavonic Dances when you try to close your eyes.

This happened to me but playing Alpha Protocol two times in a row back to back.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Tetris Effect, but it just doesn't stop sounds kind of like gamer hell, actually

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I remember this well

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
this news turned my life around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Civ IV came out my junior year of college and this happened to me

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's cool how every poster in that forum is online 24/7

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

emoji posted:

Like half the ones in those threads have enough "Credibility" to be able to post there and that means their basically in that whole scene and a lot of them have like 40+ hour marathon gaming seshes under there belts.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

emoji posted:

I’d imagine being under house arrest gives someone a lot of spare time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just watched that Chasing Ghosts doc from like 10 years ago, and the last shot is Walter Day putting something in a mailbox with the captions

“Walter sent his jersey to the Smithsonian Institute’s Video Game History collection.”

“That collection doesn’t exist.”

Such a simple, beautiful own.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

I just watched that Chasing Ghosts doc from like 10 years ago, and the last shot is Walter Day putting something in a mailbox with the captions

“Walter sent his jersey to the Smithsonian Institute’s Video Game History collection.”

“That collection doesn’t exist.”

Such a simple, beautiful own.

It should.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Talk is cheap.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
lmfao, goldmine

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
Okay Billy, I want you to try Ocarina of Time. It saves so you can take breaks and come back to it later. No, you don't high score this game. You just complete each challenge one at a time until you get to the end, then you play a different game.

Billy no

BILLY NO

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

OoT is good stuff, one of my favorites, probably still my fav Zelda! This Kong-troversy is wild stuff, I hope Billy is innocent.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

OoT is good stuff, one of my favorites, probably still my fav Zelda! This Kong-troversy is wild stuff, I hope Billy is innocent.

This is a fairly insane first post style post for this forum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

There's no way Billy is innocent.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Wormskull posted:

This is a fairly insane first post style post for this forum.

I've posted in Imp Zone before! Been a while though. What is insane about it?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess I should be careful since TFA normies are probably cooler than Games
Normies. Carry on bruv.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Wormskull posted:

I guess I should be careful since TFA normies are probably cooler than Games
Normies. Carry on bruv.

I don't believe in these divisions, I believe in a united SA! An... Outer Haven...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:goofy:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Heavy Metal posted:

I've posted in Imp Zone before! Been a while though. What is insane about it?

Another Billy apologist

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

:woomy:

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
trying to jack off was cracking me up in this thread..lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

immortal anime posted:

trying to jack off was cracking me up in this thread..lol

Sounds like you should consult a doctor, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Did a quick skim and didn't see this video posted itt, it's a video about the progression of the DK world record. The funny thing is Big Bill actually called a guy out in like 1982 for making up a ridiculous score, and then served up the entire arcade community a kill screen live to prove it. That is such a beast thing to do back in '82 I can't bring myself to hate him for trying to hold onto his 20+ year glory. You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQ2vEHq2N4

skip to ~3:20 for the part I'm talking about

• Locked thread