Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

yes but also lied about literally 1,700 other high scores (he had like 40x the 2nd highest score in Donkey Kong for the 2600 lmao)

not even the atari 2600 port of donky kong is sacred anymore...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Ive been browsing the Accepted Score Disputes archive and its fairly awesome. There's guys posting stuff about scores verified in 1998 and pointing out that the score counter always ends in a zero, so it would be impossible for this score to exist because the last digit is an 8. Lol

thats pretty common for arcade games and all true gamers know that. usually the last digit is reserved for number of credits 0 = 1cc 1 = 1 extra credit etc.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

one time i played crazy taxi on the dreamcast for like 6 hours straight so it would be easy to keep playing for 10x that long

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

personally i think nothing of playing a game for 8 hours straight but anything more than that and its like ... the physical fatigue .. the mental fog is causing you to appreciate the game less .. you start to cut corners ... and all within in the space of 30 minutes youre suddenly trapped in a prison of your own making

one time i played europa universalis for like 18 hours straight. a truely dark tiem in my life

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

why did he cheat anyway hasn't he held the wr before and like verified by ppl watching becasue it was at arcade conventions and poo poo on a pcb

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

well, i geuss i know why. it's becasue he's a dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-FcPb2kclU

• Locked thread