Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm personally a fan of lil' smokies in bbq sauce cooked in a tiny crockpot until they turn into jerky.

Seriously though, my mom got this recipe from some weird in maryland 45 years ago... its the best lil smokey you can do and I, a mid 30's year old just now learned it was sugar and ketchup.

1 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 oz bourbon, 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce.

Brown the smokies at really high heat to get a brown then dump them in the boiling sauce for like an hour to let them absorb the sauce and heat all the way through I guess? I dunno I made all that up but it sounds good.

What are you all cooking?

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
alcohol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

come on hector you need some snacks to keep drinking for 5 more hours buddy!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Superbowl == nachos imo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This.

Then chicken wings.

Then anything else other than little smokies.

Then little smokies.

Little smokies are only good for rectal insertion after all your super bowl party guests leave.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i was gonna cook a swordfish steak but i went with a frozen pizza instead

i could go for some chips n dip tho rn

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm using the twice fried Food Lab chicken wing recipe this year rather than the once fried America's Test Kitchen recipe I've used in the past. Will post some pics in a minute. Still not sure how it's going to turn out.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Wendigee posted:

sugar and ketchup.

america deserved 9/11

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Most barbecue sauce is just ketchup and brown sugar along with some spices op. Those little smokies are mostly pork buttholes too

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
A nice veggie platter and cucumber water for drinks.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
i don't watch football but I will eat some garbage food anyways because I'm lazy

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Blue Train posted:

Most barbecue sauce is just ketchup and brown sugar along with some spices op. Those little smokies are mostly pork buttholes too

You can eat my butthole anytime.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
taco bell's new nacho fries

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

A punch bowl full of ever clear

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Chick wings with thick buffalo sauce (if you like thin sauce get outta here)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

america deserved 9/11

it was from the 70s.. and... lil smokies didn't even exist then my mom told me they used cut up hotdogs.

Send in the ICBM's Europe!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm not watching the Super Bowl, but nothing beats fresh homemade guacamole and chips. Going to make some for dinner tonight.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Free Cheese posted:

Thin and sauce can't exist together. You are correct they gotta get gone.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

shredded lettuce and mayo in a brown paper bag

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

If your barbecue sauce isn't built on a foundation of vinegar and/or mustard you are literally an idiot child

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

I'm not watching the Super Bowl, but nothing beats fresh homemade guacamole and chips. Going to make some for dinner tonight.

My friend at work is from vietnam, first gen, immigrant parents etc.,

They make the most amazing "salt" in the world. They just call it spicy salt, but its.... its a flavor explosion, no msg, natural stuff.

She uses it every day on her vegetables and they make them taste amazing. America needs this vietnam salt which is probably just MSG with hot chilli powder, but its amazing.

I had a taste on a friends avocado at work... it was wonderful. Her mom make's it. You can buy a version at the asian market that has viet food but its not as good.

We are trying to get her to start a farmers market stall.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

If your barbecue sauce isn't built on a foundation of vinegar and/or mustard you are literally an idiot child

Not everyone that makes bbq supported the south. K.C. is famous for bbq and there's a lot of sugar in the sauce/glaze for sure. That's why it all caramelizes and becomes delicious meat candy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FalloutGod posted:

A nice veggie platter and cucumber water for drinks.

ban this filth

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Wendigee posted:

My friend at work is from vietnam, first gen, immigrant parents etc.,

They make the most amazing "salt" in the world. They just call it spicy salt, but its.... its a flavor explosion, no msg, natural stuff.

She uses it every day on her vegetables and they make them taste amazing. America needs this vietnam salt which is probably just MSG with hot chilli powder, but its amazing.

I had a taste on a friends avocado at work... it was wonderful. Her mom make's it. You can buy a version at the asian market that has viet food but its not as good.

We are trying to get her to start a farmers market stall.

Looks like it is sugar salt and chilis

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Blue Train posted:

Looks like it is sugar salt and chilis

its amazing. cover your vegetables in it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Free Cheese posted:

How do you make it thick? The only buffalo sauce I know is Franks (regular) plus butter and maybe some vinegar and/or something to make it a bit hotter.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Wendigee posted:

Not everyone that makes bbq supported the south. K.C. is famous for bbq and there's a lot of sugar in the sauce/glaze for sure. That's why it all caramelizes and becomes delicious meat candy.

The good side of K.C. is in a state that supported the south

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
rear end

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pineapple Pizza.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Senor Dog posted:

The good side of K.C. is in a state that supported the south

ignorant.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
100 beers. :munch:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nachos are my second favorite.

I like mexican fiesta blend from kroger plus pace hot picante sauce... you just cover some chips in the fiesta blend, put a plate on top so it will collect steam a bit... heat it for ~30 seconds, let the steam finish melting the cheese.

Add Pace Picante Sauce "Hot", in largish quantities and scoop up that saucy yup with your cheese chips. Add hallopenos, hot sauce, sour cream, quacomole, etc if you have money.,

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love cocktail weenies. I'm just going to order a pizza today.

Taco dip is good too.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

turns out my friend down the street has brown sugar. gonna make these original smokies and show you pictures as i go.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

love me some little smokies

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord

veiled boner fuel posted:

How do you make it thick? The only buffalo sauce I know is Franks (regular) plus butter and maybe some vinegar and/or something to make it a bit hotter.

Yeah exactly that pretty much, or a mix of sauces you like, and then just cook it down low and slow for an hour or so. If you don't have time you can add a little flour and extra butter but do it slowly and carefully as too much flour will gently caress up ya sauce

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Bretzels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Breaking down wings. Bend em in half to snap the drumette away from the flat then I just hack the wing tip off with a good knife.

Initial fry at low temp. I set the fryer to 250 and then dropped them in and then backed it down to the desired (235) temp, figuring the dryer will drop 20 or so degrees minimum as soon as you put anything in it.

The resulting (extremely unappetizing) product, which can sit at room temp for an hour, or go in the fridge for up to 3 days, or go in the freezer until whenever.

About to pull them out and do the second/final fry.

• Locked thread