Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Holy poo poo this movie sucked. I adored Cloverfield, liked 10CL a lot, but this movie was so bad in so many ways. The cloverfield part was so tacked on, and I guess the event reverberated through time or something, but it literally being Clovie in the future (I guess?) And the visual and audio throwbacks to the first film , i.e. the explosions when her boyfriend was in the bunker made it seem like it was literally the ending of Cloverfield, were stupid. 10CL obviously didnt start as a part of the series but I was totally fine with their approach to making it thematically linked. TCP just seemed like a hamfisted cash grab.

Aside from all that, aside from anything Cloverfield related, what the gently caress was going on on the spaceship? Event Horizon comparisons are apt, because clearly there was a malevolent entity attacking them, which was never attempted to be explained and didn't fit the pseudo scientific approach the movie seemed to be going for.

Please someone tell me how I'm wrong because I really want to like this movie, and the Cloverfield series is awesome to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread