Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I do not understand why we keep sending John Shuster to the Olympics. He hosed up so bad in 2010 that people were saying it was actually good for the sport by inspiring so many people to say "I could do better than that!" and take up curling for the first time.

lol, USA curling tried their very best to freeze him out by leaving him out of their High Performance Program but he still won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Mixed doubles seemed to have a tendency to get pretty out of hand. A lot of games seemed to be called before they played 8 ends. Maybe that's just cause I mostly watched Canada buzzsaw through everyone.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MNIMWA posted:

For anyone who missed it, there was some controversy regarding a burnt rock: https://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/and-canada-winless-women-olympic-curling.html

lol, I burned a rock the exact same way last night. It's just a casual league so obviously no one cared.

I took a look at the round robins of the past few Olympics and in most 6-3 is the cutoff for the playoffs for women. Last Olympics two 5-4 teams made it though. That's not a lot of margin for error for Homan.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Nice comeback.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

gret posted:

Time to change the thread title to Woe is Koe.

wooey is kooey

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the other day i had the "intrusive" thought "ooey gooey kevin koe" and now i can't get it out of my head

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
what a huge mistake on Koe's last stone.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Haha that burn call was petty as hell

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
that was not a good end by Homan.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Currently 13 rocks in play in the first end with the remaining 3 to come. What a mess.

Homan is yellow, Russia red with the hammer about to throw their last.

What the gently caress are you doing, Homan?

Just let them steal 8 in the 2nd, shake hands, and go home.

looks like a Thursday night game

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Koe overthrew two stones that would have been better too heavy

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
team shuster looks like they were plucked from a beer league

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

John Wilkes Booth posted:

I feel like bronze might be a better feeling than silver because you go home having won your last game.

It's a pretty well observed effect:

http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/faculty/keith.chen/negot.%20papers/MedvecMadeyGilovich_ContFactSatisf95.pdf

The moral of the story is to wish silver on your enemies

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Nice.

anyone have any advice for streaming it? I've found a couple :filez: TSN streams but they're awful. I'm in Canada, but have VPN access.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

Wow, the skips(?) for Nunavut and Manitoba use those big plastic grip things to balance on the delivery instead of their broom? I had kind of just assumed you had to use a broom (even if it was one of the taped up old ones) in competition.

Lots of skips are already laying their broom flat for delivery anyway. I've never done that, but the crutch has gotta be more comfortable than that. Amazingly there are very few rules against delivery aids. In Canada the rules are that it can't scratch the ice, and it can't be longer than 5 feet.

I use a crutch now, since I'm a beginner. If it wasn't for the fact that logistically it's a bit of a PITA to go back and fetch it after ends I'd probably say gently caress it and just keep using it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
St. John's has a "highway" named after Brad Gushue. They are kinda heroes in Newfoundland.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Go Gushu Go

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
If Gushue wins this maybe St. John's can finally finish Team Gushue Highway

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Woof what a tight game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I don't think i've ever seen them clean and redo the ice in the middle of a match like that before. It also just looks like it gets super frosty.

• Locked thread