Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

New game mode: Punting around the giant orange balls with your Deluxo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I want a Mini Donk.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I just got suspended until April 22nd and had my account reset. Checking Social Club, it says I'm Rank 0 and I have 58.3 million. I played Hotring Series this afternoon and had 1.3 million. What the gently caress.

Edit: My friend who had 880 million dumped on him still hasn't been banned. :lol:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 24, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jose Mengelez posted:

c'mon bro, you know exactly what the gently caress.

we all knew what we were signing up for.

Poor account security? I got banned around 8 PM, hadn't played the game since 6 PM.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jose Mengelez posted:

bans aren't instantaneous.
you weren't banned for something that happened two hours prior, you were likely banned for something you did weeks or months ago.

So why would I be sitting on 58.3 million all of a sudden, when I had 1.3 just this afternoon? What else would they have suspended me for? I've never had hackerbux dumped on me. Also, here's the thing: I haven't done anything. I've barely played the game in months, much less interacted with people other than my friends in invite-onlys, until I tried Hotring Series yesterday. Same as my friend's account, he hadn't played in months and the password wasn't changed there either, but he just opted to start spending and so far hasn't been banned. I got to keep my friend list at least, but I'm pretty loving livid about the time and money I've thrown at this game being wasted because these motherfuckers can't program.

Edit: I just made the mistake of adding that poo poo together. Jesus Christ. :suicide:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 24, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Psion posted:

Until you log in and see your actual balance I wouldn't trust Social Club, as a lot of account corrections only activate on login. Especially if you've been hit with a wipe/temp ban.

Guess that's possible, I just have a hard time seeing what else it would be, I've barely played lately and never with pubbies, so I don't get how I would have been reported for something.

Jose Mengelez posted:

in that case (assuming you use secure passwords) i'd be less concerned about your rockstar social club account and more concerned about rootkits or keyloggers on your machine. :ohdear:

I'm doing some thorough scans, but I have pretty good password culture and don't click on strange files. Still doesn't explain why they wouldn't change the password. It's weird as hell.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rest assured it doesn't pay to keep your nose clean, they will gladly defraud paying customers regardless.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

Well, maybe if you bought more shark cards, they would have kept you as a customer.

I shudder to think what the cutoff is, then. I bought a used 360 solely for GTA V when it came out, bought it again for PC, bought it for several friends and spent a sizable chunk of disposable income on Shark Cards. None of that matters when some incompetent, unpaid intern is all that's keeping everything together with duct tape and silly putty while they rake in billions from loving idiots like me.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

Oh, well maybe the answer then is less shark cards.

Throw in aggressive rear end cancer for the Housers and you've got a deal! :dance:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Got a form reply:

"Your account is temporarily suspended from GTA Online. Your suspension expiration date is shown on the splash screen after being returned to Story Mode following an attempt to play online. In addition to being suspended, all GTA Online characters, progress and inventory on {PLATFORM} will be reset."

Yes, thank you. I will not be buying any more Rockstar games on {PLATFORM}.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, I played them for a few hours, but they've already reset my char like the loving retards they are.

Doesn't matter, I've already uninstalled this broken pile of dogshit and I hope hackers and black market sellers take a hefty chunk of their profits forever.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Support has supposedly told people that the resets are irreversible. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

It looks like a bunch of people are getting unbanned. Check your stats page on social club to see if your character stats are back.

They're back now. Don't know if that means I'm unbanned, I uninstalled the game.

Looks like they managed to ban literally or very nearly everyone playing Hotring Series. :lol:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lmao

Edit: I received an e-mail four hours ago:

quote:

We have reviewed your account and your GTA Online ban is being lifted. Please allow two hours for your account to be fully reinstated if it isn't already.

If Social Club is accurate, I'm missing like 2/3 of my cars.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 29, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I kinda hate myself, but they hosed up again in my favour and I had to try the Weeny. The Vespucci mode is fun, hope it doesn't get me autobanned this time.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I quit playing this about six months after launch because the character creator was pretty weak with “pick two parents and kind of randomly mix those two looks” and hackers getting pretty much everywhere. Is the character creator still weak as hell or can you actually pick and adjust sliders like every other character creator out there? Hackers still loving everywhere I’m assuming or has Rockstar actually done anything with all the money it’s made?

The creator has been improved a fair bit, but it's not FO4 levels or anything.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

50% off all properties right now.

Thin Privilege posted:

Ok so I haven't played seriously in over a year and just started up again. Do I have to get insurance on my cars or something cause I apparently have some sweet ones, and I'm worried some other person will steal it if I drive it, and I won't get it back.

If you have driven it into your garage once it should be insured, otherwise you need to visit LSC. Those bought from websites will have it automatically.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Looking at that video, I'm kinda bummed that I bought the Swinger already, even though it's pretty fun to drive.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pretty sure "clunky as hell" was the defining design philosophy behind every aspect of GTA:O.

Can't imagine how spectacular it would have been if the stock market had ever worked.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The new walk style is pretty bangin'.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Welp, there goes half the remaining cash from Rockstar's autoban fuckup funds. :sigh:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rad-daddio posted:

I do recall some folks getting undeserved bans or resets during the hotlap circuit initial release. I don't know of all of those accounts got fully restored.

Mine did and somehow they hosed up again and gave me about $60m in the process, but the first time I opened a ticket I was basically told to gently caress off, no appeals, the system is flawless, thanks for your 20 years of patronage and buying the game twice, dumbass. I didn't get a response to the second one, but after thousands of people had flooded reddit, user reviews, etc., they quietly reversed the bans and acted like nothing had happened. Billion-dollar QA, folks.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:downs:

quote:

exclusively customizable in the Specialized Vehicle Workshop of the Terrorbyte

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

The drone is the best thing and the client jobs are cool as heck, but holy poo poo my wallet

How much for the stupid truck to modify the jetbike?

Nerolus posted:

Hit the windows key
Run Open Resource Monitor
Find GTA5.exe
Right click and Suspend process
Wait 5-10 seconds
Right click and Resume process
You just created an empty lobby for yourself without reloading

Sometimes a person or two will join the empty lobby. You can always do it again. Great for making those runs safely.

Or just get SessionSweeper and press the Pause button and Scroll Lock to empty and lock the session.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kuruma also has much better handling, IMO.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Scramjet is fun but $10K every time I toss it in the drink is a little steep.

Incidentally, the best Hunting Pack Remix is the one with Scramjets and Vigilantes. Playing keepy-uppy with the truck until it explodes is hilarious. Boing!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There are bugs in this game that have been reported thousands of times over several years and still haven't been fixed, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Eregos posted:

That's obviously poor game design and simply can't be intended.

New thread title.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

On PC at least, the emblems switch with the crew. Not sure crew colours do, though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Eregos posted:

Received a special black screen message while loading the game "Congratulations, you have been awarded $300,000 for participating in GTA Online promotions". Anyone else get it?

Yes. Then I accidentally tapped too fast into the CEO menu and lost 250K to a name change I didn't want.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

drat, it sure would be cool if, during a two-hour session, it was possible to complete just a single activity with two friends without one of us getting netsplit. Netcode in this game makes PUBG look rock solid.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Anecdote: R* permabanned my current account for reasons unknown, so I figured I was done and went back to single-player shenanigans.

A week later I discovered an e-mail stating my account was reinstated, no harm no foul. Didn't even submit a support ticket. Guess it was the rare moment when someone at R* actually took responsibility for their screwups.

It was because a new game mode accidentally flagged tens of thousands of accounts as cheaters and autobanned them. Had you contacted support, they'd have told you the system is perfect, that there are no appeals and to kindly gently caress off. The support monkeys would be so busy c/p'ing this response they'd forget to acknowledge what platform you were on. Subsequent tickets would be instantly locked without response and you'd have to take to third-party sites to raise the issue. At no point would they ever acknowledge their fuckup, but most of the bans would later be quietly rolled back.

So, uh, no.

I'm confident that the money left in my bank account was due to another fuckup on their part, but I didn't complain.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

On the other hand, the MOC cab is like a wrecking ball through traffic.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

At least some of the new clothing is cool, if disgustingly overpriced.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

Here's a better question. For GTA VI's online, do they take all the cool poo poo away from us and drip feed it back, or start the game out batshit insane on day 1?

They really have no reason to think the same approach wouldn't make them another couple billion dollars.

As for the pricing, Rockstar hosed up when they unbanned me and gave me back every single GTA$ I'd received from any in-game source since playing from day one on 360. I still can't buy anywhere near everything. lmao

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

namlosh posted:

Derp, I didn’t specify. That number was for everything IN THE NEW DLC only.

All the mods and clothes add up

Jesus Christ, lmao. Rockstar is the only company that can get away with charging $3,225 per DLC.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pegasus and the concierge both charge a fee IIRC, it's only free if you call it in as a personal vehicle through the interaction menu.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the Nova out yet?

Edit: It is and it owns.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 15, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

It's not gambling it's surprise money poverty

Seems more in line with Rockstar's track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I am slow. :saddowns: