Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Pretty sure that Lazer popped out of passive and shot him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dude learned his flying skills from GTAV too so, really thread appropriate.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

It got even better when they released the conversation that he was having with air traffic control. He just sounded like a random dude that was talking over voice chat.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
rip otiosely, he was a good pilot

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
oh nm, couldn't be otes if he was on the chat

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60531/The-Terrorbyte-and-Oppressor-Mk-II

Sounds neat, but concerned about the cost and potential for griefing

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60531/The-Terrorbyte-and-Oppressor-Mk-II

Sounds neat, but concerned about the cost and potential for griefing

Get rekt, scrub

quote:

The Drone Station provides a flying drone unit that can shock anyone who steps out of line with its stun gun.

oh baby

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:downs:

quote:

exclusively customizable in the Specialized Vehicle Workshop of the Terrorbyte

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
They finally did it. They finally decided to add something to make the 143 systems in the game take less time to manage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

dvorak posted:

They finally did it. They finally decided to add something to make the 143 systems in the game take less time to manage.

to counterbalance this convenience the "slowly sit down in front of computer" animation now takes three times as long to complete

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I'm mostly looking forward to being able to start a buy or sell mission from anywhere.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

dvorak posted:

I'm mostly looking forward to being able to start a buy or sell mission from anywhere.

Woah, woah woah woah woah, slow down there, honcho.

It clearly states you can start "steal or resupply missions", it doesn't say anything about sell missions.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
It took me all weekend but I finally figured out that the Nightclub stock is separate from my MC/CEO stock. Also wish I could fire Nightclub associates since i don't have enough categories for all three of them!!

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

Woah, woah woah woah woah, slow down there, honcho.

It clearly states you can start "steal or resupply missions", it doesn't say anything about sell missions.

You're only going to be able to launch resupply missions afaik, you will have to go to your businesses to pay for supplies if that's more your style. A full walkthrough of the terrorbyte, as well as full plays of the new missions are on YouTube for those that may be curious.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

You're only going to be able to launch resupply missions afaik, you will have to go to your businesses to pay for supplies if that's more your style.

If true this is the most laughably stupid design decision I can recall.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

It took me all weekend but I finally figured out that the Nightclub stock is separate from my MC/CEO stock. Also wish I could fire Nightclub associates since i don't have enough categories for all three of them!!

I clearly don't understand how the Nightclub interacts with the MC and CEO warehouses. I thought you didn't have to resupply your MC/CEO stuff once you had your Nightclub associates on board.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

I clearly don't understand how the Nightclub interacts with the MC and CEO warehouses. I thought you didn't have to resupply your MC/CEO stuff once you had your Nightclub associates on board.

You don't, you only have to run the initial setup missions for the MC businesses.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

It took me all weekend but I finally figured out that the Nightclub stock is separate from my MC/CEO stock.

uh, are you talking about the take (in the safe) or the actual warehouse stock?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
also, why do i need a fancy truck to start resupply missions when i already have seven goons under my nightclub doing that poo poo for me automatically?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

popewiles posted:

You don't, you only have to run the initial setup missions for the MC businesses.

And now I'm back to misunderstanding it. Pretty sure the stock levels are separate and the locations outside the Nightclub always need to be resupplied personally by you. If what you say is true, then the locations' supplies will never need to be manually restocked. The people you hire in the Nightclub only source for the Nightclub. Though I guess you could shut down the outside locations so that only the Nightclub operates in those sectors.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

also, why do i need a fancy truck to start resupply missions when i already have seven goons under my nightclub doing that poo poo for me automatically?

The dudes in the night club build stock from your biker businesses. The truck runs your bunker, crate warehouses and import/export garage.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

And now I'm back to misunderstanding it. Pretty sure the stock levels are separate and the locations outside the Nightclub always need to be resupplied personally by you. If what you say is true, then the locations' supplies will never need to be manually restocked. The people you hire in the Nightclub only source for the Nightclub. Though I guess you could shut down the outside locations so that only the Nightclub operates in those sectors.

Lol we're all talking past each other. I was only talking about the nightclub warehouse.
Stock levels between your nightclub warehouse and your ceo/mc businesses are separate. However, MC businesses won't accumulate stock for your nightclub unless you run the initial setup mission.
Also, if you shut down an MC business, your nightclub warehouse technicians won't be able to source that product anymore.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Powershift posted:

The dudes in the night club build stock from your biker businesses. The truck runs your bunker, crate warehouses and import/export garage.

But I dont think the stock or product levels in your MC weed farm matter or are affected at all by having a "landscaping" tech in the NC, or whatever hes called. The techs in the NC are basically a second instance of your weed farm(or others, im just using that one for ex). Other than being the same type of product, theres no interaction between the levels in each

So.... Buy a MC clubhouse, then buy a weed farm in Paleto. Physcially go to the weed farm to buy or steal supplies. Buy upgrades to equipment, staff, security. Over time, these supplies that you bought or stole get turned into yummy sellable weed. IN THE WEED FARM IN PALETO. If you drive to the weed farm and start a sell mission, it sells from that amount of product from the weed farm in paleto. This is instance 1, and is run completely by steal/buy supply missions and sell mission, both started at the physical weed farm.

Now buy a NC and assign your free tech to landscaping(weed) and walk away. Over time, this tech in the night club will magically produce weed in the night club storage floors. This is time based and takes 30? minutes per 1 piece of weed product, in the nightclub storage. The only other way to influence this rate of accumulation is through a business battle of type: WEED. Bring it back to your club and now instead of 15 weeds, you now have 17 weeds, in storage, in the night club. If you go to the nightclub computer and sell stuff, you are selling those 17 weeds, in your nightclub storage. Selling these gives you money and reset s your nightclub weed starge back to 0, which will start building up again thanks to your magic technician. Selling or letting this accumulate changes *NOTHING* about the supplies or product levels at your Paleto weed farm. It doesnt make the physical weed farm any more efficient, or faster. This is instance 2, and is run completely from the nightclub computer- the techs work on their own pace, and you sell when you want to

The only interaction between the 2 instances, is that if you drive to the weed farm in Paleto and log onto the computer there and press the SHUT DOWN BUSINESS button... It zeros out the product level in Paleto bay weed farm, it freezes the supply level at the paleto bay weed farm, and the tech in your nightclub stops magically producing weeds. Just like if you don't have a coke business actual building somewhere, then you can't assign a tech at the nightclub to create magic south american imports- you either get the (!) icon or it just won't let you

The levels of supply and product at both locations(nightclub and paleto weed farm) are completely independent. Your free starter tech, or more that you buy? You are really just buying infinite supplies for the night club businesses. The one tab for warehouse management allows you to say 'ok i want to change my infinite supplies from landscaping to south american imports'

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Powershift posted:

i have a nightclub technician running my bunker, the gunrunning supplies are called "sporting goods" in the nightclub management screen.

i still don't get how starting a i/e steal mission or a hangar/warehouse source mission from the back of a slow rear end truck is more convenient than starting it from an office with a helipad. :shrug:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

And that bold part really sucks, because that's the only way to get LJT to quit loving calling lol. Get even one tiny sliver of supplies and then shut down a business. No more calls about those, BUT if you do this then you can't have night club techs working on those types of products

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

i have a nightclub technician running my bunker, the gunrunning supplies are called "sporting goods" in the nightclub management screen.

i still don't get how starting a i/e steal mission or a hangar/warehouse source mission from the back of a slow rear end truck is more convenient than starting it from an office with a helipad. :shrug:

You can start the source mission, then leave the truck in your oppressor 2. so just spend like 5 million on a night club and 3 million on the truck and 5 million on the oppressor 2 and it will be easier to make $150,000 an hour hauling boxes.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

you sure about all this?

i spawned in paleto and decided to personally check in on my methlab and coke business. they had zero supplies but exactly the same amount of product listed on the nightclub screen. most importantly the npcs inside were busy toiling away instead of in the usual "no supplies" idle animations.

could have been a really spooky coincidence though.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Pretty sure but I’ve got some empty business I can check in on and see if they’re empty of product or if they correlate

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jose Mengelez posted:

you sure about all this?

i spawned in paleto and decided to personally check in on my methlab and coke business. they had zero supplies but exactly the same amount of product listed on the nightclub screen. most importantly the npcs inside were busy toiling away instead of in the usual "no supplies" idle animations.

could have been a really spooky coincidence though.

Yes. I am sure. Your nightclub and biker business are totally unrelated except for the fact that each biker business has to be up and running in order for the Nightclub to be able to generate that kind of stock. In all other ways they are totally unrelated to each other.

Stock for each are completely and totally unrelated.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I have had some glitchy mc business things since the update so maybe other things have gotten broke. Like getting a raid and hitting alt/f4 to dump out, and coming back to full supplies and full product in that business. Supplies that don’t decrease when product gets made at the normal rate.

Not trying to gaslight at all but what I wrote above is true from how r* wrote it up, various reddit megaposts, and own experiences. If weird stock levels are happening, ride it out!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
reckon your time would be better spent running i/e as a ceo/vip with the occasional headhunter/sightseer/business battle (while the club warehouse does it's thing) than trying to keep the all biker businesses manually supplied and doing a shitload of the tedious old sell missions.

dunno if it's the most min/max sperglord way of doing things but it's probably better for your sanity.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Confirming the nightclub accrual is glitchy. After my first sale, cocaine no longer stocks there, even after more than 20 hours in-game. I'm going to stop and start the coke lockup after I sell its current inventory to see if that helps.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

But I dont think the stock or product levels in your MC weed farm matter or are affected at all by having a "landscaping" tech in the NC, or whatever hes called. The techs in the NC are basically a second instance of your weed farm(or others, im just using that one for ex). Other than being the same type of product, theres no interaction between the levels in each

So.... Buy a MC clubhouse, then buy a weed farm in Paleto. Physcially go to the weed farm to buy or steal supplies. Buy upgrades to equipment, staff, security. Over time, these supplies that you bought or stole get turned into yummy sellable weed. IN THE WEED FARM IN PALETO. If you drive to the weed farm and start a sell mission, it sells from that amount of product from the weed farm in paleto. This is instance 1, and is run completely by steal/buy supply missions and sell mission, both started at the physical weed farm.

Now buy a NC and assign your free tech to landscaping(weed) and walk away. Over time, this tech in the night club will magically produce weed in the night club storage floors. This is time based and takes 30? minutes per 1 piece of weed product, in the nightclub storage. The only other way to influence this rate of accumulation is through a business battle of type: WEED. Bring it back to your club and now instead of 15 weeds, you now have 17 weeds, in storage, in the night club. If you go to the nightclub computer and sell stuff, you are selling those 17 weeds, in your nightclub storage. Selling these gives you money and reset s your nightclub weed starge back to 0, which will start building up again thanks to your magic technician. Selling or letting this accumulate changes *NOTHING* about the supplies or product levels at your Paleto weed farm. It doesnt make the physical weed farm any more efficient, or faster. This is instance 2, and is run completely from the nightclub computer- the techs work on their own pace, and you sell when you want to

The only interaction between the 2 instances, is that if you drive to the weed farm in Paleto and log onto the computer there and press the SHUT DOWN BUSINESS button... It zeros out the product level in Paleto bay weed farm, it freezes the supply level at the paleto bay weed farm, and the tech in your nightclub stops magically producing weeds. Just like if you don't have a coke business actual building somewhere, then you can't assign a tech at the nightclub to create magic south american imports- you either get the (!) icon or it just won't let you

The levels of supply and product at both locations(nightclub and paleto weed farm) are completely independent. Your free starter tech, or more that you buy? You are really just buying infinite supplies for the night club businesses. The one tab for warehouse management allows you to say 'ok i want to change my infinite supplies from landscaping to south american imports'

Thanks a bunch for this writeup.

Learned my lesson last night after trying to deliver a special piece of cargo (big-rear end diamond) by myself and was killed by a Lazer jet. :cripes: I need to stick to empty lobbies.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The drone is the best thing and the client jobs are cool as heck, but holy poo poo my wallet

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

Thanks a bunch for this writeup.

Learned my lesson last night after trying to deliver a special piece of cargo (big-rear end diamond) by myself and was killed by a Lazer jet. :cripes: I need to stick to empty lobbies.

Hit the windows key
Run Open Resource Monitor
Find GTA5.exe
Right click and Suspend process
Wait 5-10 seconds
Right click and Resume process
You just created an empty lobby for yourself without reloading

Sometimes a person or two will join the empty lobby. You can always do it again. Great for making those runs safely.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

The drone is the best thing and the client jobs are cool as heck, but holy poo poo my wallet

How much for the stupid truck to modify the jetbike?

Nerolus posted:

Hit the windows key
Find GTA5.exe
Wait 5-10 seconds

Sometimes a person or two will join the empty lobby. You can always do it again. Great for making those runs safely.

Or just get SessionSweeper and press the Pause button and Scroll Lock to empty and lock the session.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I'm grumpy that I've STILL got to run my MC business / bunker loop to buy supplies for passive income. The one thing I wanted from this was to be able to resupply everything from one screen. Paige needs to patch her program.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Nerolus posted:

Hit the windows key
Find GTA5.exe
Wait 5-10 seconds

PS4 sorry.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Set your network's mtu to 825 in settings, it will kick you and dump you into an empty session. If you invite friends in, just revert your settings before having them help. Otherwise you might have incomplete job bugs or session splits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

Set your network's mtu to 825 in settings, it will kick you and dump you into an empty session. If you invite friends in, just revert your settings before having them help. Otherwise you might have incomplete job bugs or session splits

Thanks, I'll hafta give this a try next time I have a big sell. I'm on jury duty this week which lets out earlier than my normal job so I've been getting some good playtime in the late afternoon here, hopefully every day this week!