Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Eyud posted:

Goodbye ghost post!

stay safe ghost post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Pretty sure I made that stunt plane race.

Good times.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Rad-daddio posted:

Also, I wanted to do the stamina boost mentioned in the sticky. Which missions won't spawn cops?

Any of the Gerald missions. "A Titan of a Job" doesn't spawn cops, either.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Kuroyama posted:

Did they patch out the bit in creative mode where you got stat boosts even when you were testing the match you made?

Never actually tried that, so I can't tell ya. :shrug:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So Rockstar threw some more cease-and-desist letters at a few mod menu makers. One of them simply closed shop while another's trying to cover its tracks to avoid getting sued.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Where's your source on this? I'm googling around and can't find anything except sketchy Reddit posts that seem to mostly just be chicken-littling, but the menu I use had its site go completely dark, so I'm a little worried.

This is directly from a highly popular menu, which is the same boilerplate they put up when their last menu went offline months ago:

quote:

After discussions with Take-Two Interactive, we are immediately ceasing all maintenance, development, and distribution of our cheat menu services. We will also be donating our proceeds to a charity designated by Take-Two. We apologize for any and all problems our software has caused to the Grand Theft Auto Online community.

Another forum posted the following:

quote:

As some of you may have already noticed, we, the original developers of :pcgaming1:, haven taken on new names. Many of our staff members are also hidden behind new personas.

This hasn't been done as a sign of us shutting down. We are not shutting down. We have decided to protect our identities and privacy as much as possible on the site. This decision was made as Take-Two Interactive has recently dished out 3 more cease and desist letters, once again threatening popular cheats and being all around bullies.
We will not disclose who has received these letters, or even when they were received, but we felt the need to be transparent about the matter. :pcgaming1: is not among those affected; we are simply taking precautions in order to protect ourselves and the users of :pcgaming1:.
We hope you guys understand.

Aside from another Reddit post on r/gtaonline, that's about it.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Powershift posted:

Waiting for my router to reboot i was dicking around in single player. The traffic variety alone almost makes it feel like a different game. Taxis and Buffalo police cars and warreners and pantos driving around.

Really reminds you that this is a buggy as poo poo game from 2013 with layers and layers of make-up slathered all over it.

It also makes me loving hate the loving radius SUV bullshit that seems to make up half of all traffic online.

gently caress you, you piece of poo poo. :argh:

Vapid, indeed.

Also, "this car is too hot to modify/store. please grind more gta bux or buy a Shark Card and buy it online kthx"

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Someone made an Imgur Album of cars bought in GTA Online and their counterparts from Fast and the Furious. I thought maybe someone here might enjoy looking at is as much as I did.

Pretty nice, but I'd rather see a Dominator Classic instead of the Rapid GT Classic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Ofn0xFjvc

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Ok.

Are any of these cars any good on the track? The last supercar DLC kinda went over like a wet fart (nevermind I still bought the Autarch for some reason).

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Powershift posted:

e: the loving Lada is going to be $165k

Don't care.

My wallet is ready.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SplitSoul posted:

Got a form reply:

"Your account is temporarily suspended from GTA Online. Your suspension expiration date is shown on the splash screen after being returned to Story Mode following an attempt to play online. In addition to being suspended, all GTA Online characters, progress and inventory on {PLATFORM} will be reset."

Yes, thank you. I will not be buying any more Rockstar games on {PLATFORM}.

Did you do any of the Hotring races?

https://twitter.com/GTAonlineNews/status/977888033868517379

EDIT: Just finished reading a few Reddit GTA Online threads. Jesus, what a clusterfuck.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 25, 2018

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

mutata posted:

Once again not playing this game turns out to be the correct choice.

Single player only, with all the mods you can load without crashing back to desktop.

Goddamn, GTA 4 was such a fickle yet satisfying bitch to mod. Loved LCPDFR.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

julian assflange posted:

I collected my first crates (just the normal crates) and some prick stole one of them. Hard to compete when you have no good gear haha.

I love stealing air crates and the salty tears of the CEOs even more.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Akion posted:

Eventually a hacker will drop money on you.

Or you'll go buy a mod menu and give yourself money.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

mutata posted:

The more I talk to devs of this game the more impressed I am that it runs at all. We're pretty lucky actually.

Spill the deets. I like stories.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

CascadeBeta posted:

Gta online died when coupe quit.

:rip:

I haven't played Online in weeks. It's all been single-player stuff with a bunch of mods installed like "World of Variety" and "Fine-Tuned Felony and Response." I keep forgetting just how lively and full-featured SP is compared to Online.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Araganzar posted:

anyone actually still playing this game on the PC should be considered too damaged to have a useful perspective

people spend more time bitching about the game than actually playing it

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

chitoryu12 posted:

And on PC in 2022.

hahahaahahahahahahahah......nope.

Jose Mengelez posted:

pretty sure rockstar have been so thoroughly owned by 12 year old russians with hex editors that they'll never risk releasing another game on pc.

they can make up for the shortfall of losing that revenue stream by jacking up the cash price of horse parts in rdr2 on console.

Can't wait for the pink unicorn DLC

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Got back online for the first time in what felt like weeks. Haven't tried the Vespucci Job yet (I know...), but the new Special Vehicle races are too long and too tedious for my tastes, plus they pay for poo poo even at 2x.

The new supercars are meh and the only car worth buying is the Issi Classic.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I'm surprised R* hasn't coded in a stance option for some of these cars.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Nothing like running into someone with a 5.33 kd ratio. At least he came from a fitting crew.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Zigmidge posted:

You get wrecked by a pubby so you crawl here to shame them with their commitment to an advocacy group.

Games forum goons.

I know. I'm complete garbage.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Will it come with a guest appearance by Gay Tony and/or Luis Lopez?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Aero Jesus died for your griefing sins.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I haven't been on for about a week, so I missed out on all the server shenanigans. So what did Rockstar break this time?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

ElwoodCuse posted:

Play in a free aim lobby. Much less griefing and PVP.

Funny in hindsight, because I was on last night and the free aim lobbies were full of tryhard griefers looking for hot PVP action.

Also, Dispatch missions are great. Too bad they're mandatory 2+ player missions.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Red Dead Redemption 2: Dynamiting Someone's Cattle Sale

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Last night I was loving around with the wardrobe and figured, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to make a Freddy Krueger outfit."

Managed to find everything except a red/black or red/green striped sweater to pull it off, so I grabbed a red turtleneck instead.

Forgot to take pics/screenshots because I am teh dumb.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Apparently the last server update wound up wiping out properties, cars, yachts, cash, etc., on some people's accounts.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

chaosapiant posted:

I see a goon group is available, is it worth it to join LLJK if, again, I just want to gently caress around and am not interested in anything competitive? Does this game lean heavily on griefing?

Sure, go ahead and join up. I don't see as many goons on as I used to (but then again, I don't play as often as I used to, either), but I'm sure you'll find a few to chill with. Doesn't hurt to join the Discord channel, either.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Or pressing the wrong button on your XBone controller to bring up the phone, only to release your car and watch it plummet helplessly into oblivion.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I've always wondered what life on last-gen GTA Online is like.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Live content to revive a dead thread:

My homage to Freddy Krueger. Too bad I couldn't find a red and green striped sweater.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Is the best way to start this stupid game still to go solo>invite only online>find a new session?

Single Player > Find New Session

I think most of the warehouse/gunrunning/car selling activities can't be done in an invite-only session, only in Freemode.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

If there are enough people to make a kick vote stick. Either that, or someone has a mod menu they can use to kick people with.*

*In the past, that only worked if you were the session host, but dunno about how things are now.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Thin Privilege posted:

Ok this is the dumbest question(s) but I just got back into the game and I keep getting invites into heists but I don’t know how to do them, and I’m too scared to accept the invites cause I fear I’m going to look like an idiot.

Rule #1 of GTA Online: There'll always be a bigger idiot. Just jump in and do your best. The cooler players will recognize this and let you roll with them.

quote:

Also I don’t understand hangars and airports or whatever they are. Any suggestions? I’m only level 30 but I have some pretty good guns from various updates I was present for.

What Anime_Otaku said, although these days I use my hangars and facility as places to stash my planes, tanks and other weaponized poo poo.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

CBJSprague24 posted:

That said, the best times in this game, especially with Heists, were/are with Goons.

Heisting with goons was the only way I could have completed the Criminal Mastermind/All in Order challenge. Try doing THAT with a team of rando rear end pubbies.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Anime_Otaku posted:

The names are all presets.

Lame.

But honestly, I'm not really feeling this update. The cars are nice, but the nightclubs don't seem to offer anything (other than that 4-level garage) that would drive me to throw $3 or $4 mil at it.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I take back most of what I said about the DLC. The upcoming vehicles are gonna be LIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxXo_FnJook

Shame they're being drip-fed to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I'm patiently waiting for the plane with the BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT gun that'll Make Strafing Runs Great Again (MSRGA) but that'll be a long wait, it seems.