Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

In loving memory of the post ghost. 2017 - 2018

you dick I was so close....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

coupedeville posted:

finally uninstalled this dumb bad gay game and it :feelsgood:

As a PS4 player, I didn't understand these sentiments until this weekend when I watched a friend play on Steam for the first time.

Here's my comparison:

PS4

PC

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

TheTofuShop posted:

I've got around 1.8 million banked right now, I already own Vehicle/Bunker/Special Warehouse, and I have a Buzzard. Getting money has gotten much easier since getting the helicopter, I can get a nice smooth rotation between VIP work, Vehicles, Resupplies & sales for Bunker/Special Cargo.

Should I buy a Hangar, Upgrade the MOC for Vehicle/Weapon Workshop, or Spend 1.6m on a Facility to start working toward a Deluxo? The two things I really am itching for are a Deluxo and an Akula, I know I need the Facility/Hanger respectively.

Bear in mind you will need the workshop in the hangar (something like 900K-1MM) for the Akula. If you like doing a lot of freeroam activities and supply runs/sales the Akula is a goddamn miracle even without the hangar workshop. The Deluxo won't really help you any more than the Buzzard except for combat capability against other players. It's not any faster than the buzzard and the hover mode is like controlling a pinball telekinetically, which sounds cool except in this metaphor everything in the world is a bumper.

I'd get the Akula first, upgrade it if you like it, that's a lot more reachable goal than the deluxo and it gets you closer to the deluxo as well. It's a nice copter on its own, it has smooth handling and it holds altitude. Your freeroam rotation is designed for solo income and the Akula is a big value add for that. Your passengers even get night and thermal vision windows, which is useless but gives them something to do.

Meanwhile you can be doing research to make the MOC workshops worth more to you. I assume you're on console since we're discussing legitimately earning money, if you're on the PS4 I'd be happy to let you do some bunker runs with either vehicle to try them out.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

HORMELCHILI posted:

the game looks so much better on pc it isnt comparable and in 60 fps first person mode is actually playable.
the only advantage i see on ps4 is that the other playyers are so much worse its easier

anyone actually still playing this game on the PC should be considered too damaged to have a useful perspective

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
RDR2 PSA: if you don't want to get banned on the PS4 make sure you change the brand before you dupe your Elsie Retro Cowstum

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
You're going to lose at least a megalodon shark card in thrown-against-the-wall controllers learning to use the cargobob so factor that in too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

I got voted out on ps4 once without even going near anyone else on the server

There are groups on the PS4 that do supply runs or whatever and instantly kick either all players or nuisances. Sometimes they'll invite you to their club or corp and kick you if you don't join.

It's annoying but it sure beats playing on the PC!