Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
They should really step their clothing game up, both in quality and quantity. Some of the textures look straight from last gen. You'd think it'd be an easy way to get people to spend money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

One of the Zancudo hangars is 50% off. But didn't people say air cargo is annoying and not worth the time? Should I not bother?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Cool will have to work my butt off to get one of the large capacity ones. Are vehicles still the best bet for making money?

Yeah once you can reliably source top range vehicles every time it's a pretty quick $75-$80k a pop

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Chumash is great and easy to get to from my office building too.

Splurged on the 30% off security camera upgrade for ease of "letting research run while I walk away and do other stuff"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Get logging in if you haven't been

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60438/GTA-Online-Business-Week

$250,000 for the first time you log in, $150,000 for each additional day you log in through May 14th. Says money will be deposited between May 15 and May 21

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I haven't checked the math in a while, do they still payout based on time, up to a limit? I would do Pier Pressure and after 30 seconds of the mission just rampage on the boardwalk, because the longer you play the more money you get, capped at like 15 minutes I want to say.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Freudian slippers posted:

I made the wise decision to go back to story mode instead of grinding I/E and coke runs. Does anyone know if you actually can influence the stock market by attacking vehicles belonging to a company's competitor (Logger/Pisswasser, AirEMU/FlyUS etc)? I'm not talking about Franklin's assassination missions, just regular sandbox play. I've tried blowing up some Pisswasser trucks, but it didn't seem to boost Logger much...

There are very specific instances where you can min max the stock market in single player if you want to get each your characters $2 billion. Outside of that, no.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Play in a free aim lobby. Much less griefing and PVP.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I was told that there are some glitchy things with over $2bil on your character. Like not being able to use Mors for insurance? Something weird like that
If you make it through the first week or so of whatever the new DLC is without catching a ban then you should be good on that character/account

DLC doesn't come out for last gen anymore; they probably don't police hacking there much either, if at all

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I got voted out on ps4 once without even going near anyone else on the server

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I don't mind paying big bucks for a club but I really hope the missions are doable solo (even if you have to be in a public session)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

julian assflange posted:

There should be a special award for achieving that

Isn't that the one that gives you a $10 million bonus?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

So the Clubs themselves are like, $1.1 to $1.6 mil. I'm probably going to get the $1.3-ish one in Vespucci Canals because I have an apartment and office around there and the Chumash bunker. That doesn't seem like too bad of an entry cost. Anyone tried the missions or stuff it opens up?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I have the gunrunning bunker, I/E warehouse, cargo warehouse, and biker clubhouse but no businesses. Sounds like I should finally buy a biker business, from looking around, even though those were until now useless (they are 25% off now too).

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Being able to manage your businesses from one spot is nice, but you still gotta deliver supplies and poo poo to the coke lab and such, right?

No they fill up on their own at the club

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It would not surprise me in the least if this game is ported to the next console generation with current PC level performance, it would be incredibly cheaper than making GTA 6

Also I bet a lot of the people who bought those hundreds of millions of dollars of shark cards would be actively angry about a new game because stuff wouldn't carry over

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

mutata posted:

where the developers will mostly cycle off to develop and support new titles

like what, exactly

They release games enormously infrequently and they won't specifically say which Rockstar branches are actually working on RDR2

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

mutata posted:

The answer is all of them. All of the offices are working on RDR2.

And you believe that? Come on. That's an obvious dodge. "Well it's Rockstar North" you heard it folks they've abandoned GTA "Well it's Rockstar somewhere else" oh great the B team this game is gonna suck

OF COURSE they are going to say "all our studios are working on this" and decline to elaborate further

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Powershift posted:

If the new hunting pack mode isn't trying to steal VCRs in the fnf knock-off cars, so help me...

It will always be hilarious to me that the genesis of the F&F story is "a gang of street racers is ripping off DVD players"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

For all the things they got wrong, especially stuff that other games have done better for a while, creating that amazing game world is massively expensive and time-consuming and surely scares off imitators who can't be certain of making a billion dollars in microtransactions 5 years after the game is out

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Black Flag is a lot of fun but it takes forever to unlock all your abilities and way too many missions force you to play it a really stupid way

so sure, it basically is GTA: Pirates

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It's close to a mil to buy a coke business with the sale right now. Not really sure if I want to add that. It's probably more useful to get that hangar that lets you into the military base without a wanted level.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

The bounty hunt subquest is pretty cool in theory but a pain in the rear end in reality. The first 3 guys were pretty straightforward, it just took forever to find the guys becuase thy don't pop up until you're right on top of them. The remaining ones were a pain but only because as I was hunting, a business battle or some other challenge triggered and my prey lost focus, so now I had to wait for that to finish and then for Maude to call back with another that was of course way the gently caress over the other side of the map. I even had one already captured in a car and headed back to base when something triggered and the guy got out of the car and acted liek a regular NPC so i had to start over. The 25 melee kills is real easy on this. I was at the nightclub door since theres always people standing around there. Whack a few, step inside, and back out to a new crowd . Rampage mode is cool, after a kill you get invincible(but not to falls lol) and can chain a longer time with more axe kills to refill the bar. It's also possible to do a melee kill on a bike to trigger Rampage while driving. I'm sure that will be useful for griefing and getting misreported as godmode

Is there any reason not to just kill the bounties on sight?

Also if I remember from the revolver challenge the easiest way to get the kills was go to the end of the pier where the cops never go even with a warning level (just keep it below the helicopter level)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Why did my hatchet kills stop counting, I got it down to 15 and have done a shitload since then but no unlock.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Aw dang, I think you had to do them within the week it came out :/ it ended Tuesday

No, I got it. Either switching sessions worked, or I was using the wrong hatchet after I died, or both.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

How close did we get to the release date of GTA5 before it got delayed, that's my biggest concern at this point. "As a game of this scope needs extraordinary amounts of work to get right, we regret to announce we are moving it to Spring 2019 to ensure the best possible experience."

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60531/The-Terrorbyte-and-Oppressor-Mk-II

Sounds neat, but concerned about the cost and potential for griefing

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Do you need to buy the drone to unlock any missions or stuff or is it just for the sake of having the drone

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Floppychop posted:

Since the client missions in the Terrorbyte pay ~$31k, you're looking at needing to run somewhere around 100 missions to break even if you kitted it all the way out.

weee

Isn't this the case for basically all the content expansions, except I guess Heists (high-end apartment) and Import/Export (office, garage)? Better to look at it as "what gameplay does it create" rather than "how can I make my money back".

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Does the Duke O Death cost money, it's better than the kuruma but I think I got it free as a returning player or something

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

DogonCrook posted:

Thats an easy half mill right there, the most genrous ive ever seen them lol.

They're over now but they had some pretty hefty "just log in" bonuses this summer

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

drat it was that much? I never bothered because their "watch for money giveaways!" thing was so vague I didn't think it would be worthwhile

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Ever since half the posts on GameFAQs were "gta should have multiplayer" people pointed out it would ultimately be abused by griefers and they were right

If I'm trying to make money and I see those icons or hear explosion after explosion I start a created mission from the menu and hope to get a better lobby after returning to free roam

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

They announced the bare minimum about Red Dead Online (that it starts a month after the game comes out) and that they aren't done with GTA Online either

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I still haven't bought a facility yet, has it been out long enough that you can find people who know what they are doing to help you through it or do you need dedicated folks who know what's up to not instantly die

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Nothing like the "you are holding more than $5,000 which can be stolen by other players" notification when the game has literally never worked that way

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

You also get 500k each for the RDR 2 events and if you already did them, 250k each to make up the difference

And an extra 1mil for pre-ordering RDR 2, which, again, if you already did you will get it

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Dog Friday posted:

Please stop playing this so we can finally get GTA VI

This game is 100% getting ported over again

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

If you went online at least once last week you got $300k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

If you are asking "how long to make the money back" you should probably just stop playing because that's not how it works, the answer is always gonna be bad

The real question is "what will spending the money allow me to do and will I like it"