Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shere posted:

Hangar Missions are miserable but you should at least do enough of them to get all the discounts.

Do not buy a Hangar as a way to make money, it's a money sink.

Only if you want to buy the planes they give discounts for, which is becoming less and less appealing as they release new things. For example the FH-1 is a cool helicopter, but the akula is in many ways better and does not require completing 42 crate missions to get a trade price.

12 for the Havok might be a reasonable number, if you want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

julian assflange posted:

I collected my first crates (just the normal crates) and some prick stole one of them. Hard to compete when you have no good gear haha.

I love stealing air crates and the salty tears of the CEOs even more.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah I’m going to be a right prick when I have the right gear :rms:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Any reason why I would choose a particular warehouse over another? Judging by the price difference there must be something....location?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Location. Pick one that has direct line of sight to your CEO office on top of being close because you will be flying your buzzard straight there after every mission.

Also

Shere posted:

Do not buy to make money, it's a money sink.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cool will have to work my butt off to get one of the large capacity ones. Are vehicles still the best bet for making money?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

:same: cards

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Double funbux on hotring extended to next week. Hello money, goodbye temper.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

julian assflange posted:

Cool will have to work my butt off to get one of the large capacity ones. Are vehicles still the best bet for making money?

Yeah once you can reliably source top range vehicles every time it's a pretty quick $75-$80k a pop

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Powershift posted:

you only get 1 crate per person, 4 people, 4 crates. zero people, ZE-RO CRATES.

This made my evening, thank you.

Me and some static friends just conquered Doomsday. We had a really hard time with that hangar assault one mid-way through the missions, but made it through the whole firefight of the Chiliad assault without messing up - only died during the following tunnel section when one of us blew up one of those explosive crates, but it was a quick restart and coasting downhill at that point. Blindfire from cover saved the day.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Phweengee posted:

We had a really hard time with that hangar assault one

the trick is to use infrared goggles/scopes when the lights go out instead of the provided nightvision.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
After buying this on sale forever ago, I played it for the first time last night. I got to the part in the online tutorial where it suggests doing an impromptu race and a random guy happened to be nearby so I did. Despite having an obviously way better car, he got into a couple wrecks on the way every so often such that I could tell he was going easy on me. I still lost but only barely at the end via my own fuckup. Then we talked and he was cool and he took me to his supercar garage and I did some ridealongs / got to drive them while avoiding the cops. Then he logged off and a different pubbie we were messing around with decided he was going to start a bus route and there were like 5 of us riding. Then one of them stole the drivers seat from him and started teleporting the bus around. He dropped me off at a gay bar and someone blew me up with some kind of airplane.

A++ good first impression.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is there anything cool to come back to yet?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They've released (get this!) more. cars.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CascadeBeta posted:

Is there anything cool to come back to yet?

Hotring is a better version of stunt races with some cool paint schemes and as long as you put half an effort into modding a car, you'll finish top 5 in races and bring in the funbux quickly.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hotring is a better version of stunt races with some cool paint schemes and as long as you put half an effort into modding a car, you'll finish top 5 in races and bring in the funbux quickly.

I'm a fan of stunt races so maybe I'll reinstall then.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still like the transform races-

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Support has supposedly told people that the resets are irreversible. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It looks like a bunch of people are getting unbanned. Check your stats page on social club to see if your character stats are back.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

It looks like a bunch of people are getting unbanned. Check your stats page on social club to see if your character stats are back.

They're back now. Don't know if that means I'm unbanned, I uninstalled the game.

Looks like they managed to ban literally or very nearly everyone playing Hotring Series. :lol:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

They're back now. Don't know if that means I'm unbanned, I uninstalled the game.

Looks like they managed to ban literally or very nearly everyone playing Hotring Series. :lol:

except for all the people here and elsewhere who played hotring and didn't get it? I mean let's not underplay the part where possibly for the first time ever in GTA5 a "I got banned" post was actually an innocent, but it wasn't that bad. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 28, 2018

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
newsflash:

it appears that most of the folks who were unbanned.......have been banned again!

what.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

hmmm I take back my previous post if true, but I'd like to see some verification

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gomi Day posted:

newsflash:

it appears that most of the folks who were unbanned.......have been banned again!

what.

Some people just never learn, i guess.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Gomi Day posted:

newsflash:

what.

The bans run til the end date of the original ban, and everyone got the exact same ban that they had gotten earlier (people who got a month ban got the month ban ending same time as the original ban, people who got a perma ban got re-permabanned) so it's like they just reinstated all the bans. Weird.

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 28, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lmao

Edit: I received an e-mail four hours ago:

quote:

We have reviewed your account and your GTA Online ban is being lifted. Please allow two hours for your account to be fully reinstated if it isn't already.

If Social Club is accurate, I'm missing like 2/3 of my cars.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 29, 2018

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hugh Malone posted:

Tezeract takes tint to the windshield lol

it looks like a snow shovel with down syndrome

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

same

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

It...really does. :downsbravo:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Alpha called it hair clippers :)

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

So custom cars carry their upgraded stats into races? I had customs turned off when hosting and the wailing was immense. Also, is there a way to mute race voice chat without having to make a separate private PSN chat party?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’d like to know about the muting as well

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As for the custom cars I think their stats do come in but the differences are marginal unless you have a really good driver on your hands

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

julian assflange posted:

As for the custom cars I think their stats do come in but the differences are marginal unless you have a really good driver on your hands

The advantage is also destroyed by having catch-up on.

The main advantage is being able to distance yourself from the pack in the first few turns.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

julian assflange posted:

I’d like to know about the muting as well

The only thing I found is to make a separate party chat like a PSN party chat that prioritizes the voice chat over GTA's. For some reason you can mute everyone in a lobby and in missions but not racing.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
MUTE player from race lobby:

Go to view joined players info, press x on the player, and there will be options to kick, report, and mute. The host can kick a player immediately from the lobby, except in a playlist. Players can only put in a kick vote.

If you want to mute a player forever you can do so from their profile I believe

You can also find your oldest cheapest pair of earbuds, which are probably broken already anyway, cut off the buds and the wire leaving only the little headphone jack plug. Plug it into your PlayStation controller headphone jack and everybody is muted

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Is there something fucky about this game's servers / online connectivity? It seems like when I'm doing stuff online (various missions) sometimes at the end it just hangs and hangs and hangs for several minutes until I just kill the program. Then subsequent attempts to restart do the same thing. I read some tip about starting single player first then starting a solo session from that is supposed to help but that just hangs too. Searching for 'is this down' type poo poo online doesn't seem to indicate any real outages.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Connecting online takes a really long time for me nowadays. Kinda kills my urge to play honestly

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

julian assflange posted:

I've been able to slice through traffic with my modded car after getting wrecked like they're standing still. Customs off levels the playing field a bit.

I won a non-contact race handily while half hopped up on laughing gas from the dentist, so maybe it's me.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Most races I have seen on PS4 are customs off any so it’s cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's something delightful about cranking up Spencer Davis Group's Gimme Some Lovin' and driving through the chaos at the start of Hotring races a la Days of Thunder.