Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

If you want to discount Ellison like Viral suggested we abandon Bernie, we're hosed and your energy spent fighting for progress is better spent in another country. We cannot fix this loving wage slavery society without earnest, popular stepping stones. You'll get crushed every time before making yet another Bad Dems thread that toes the line on the morality of functionally giving up.

If your low-content "lamo" comment is about whether Ellison winning would change anything about, gently caress, I don't know, the funding and financing roles of the chair of the DNC, you yield any right to complain about centrists like Ossoff torching consultant money better spent on ground games that work in the favor of progress.

He was lmao'ing because it was a ridiculous comment to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Another place for people who get shredded in higher traffic threads to say their piece under the radar without danger of getting dunked yet again.

Ok, fine, I'm sure this time McConnell wouldn't torch the filibuster :jerkbag:

Who the gently caress cares if he does, democrats shouldn't be supporting it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh cool are we ascribing to that dumbassed position where voter disengagement due to a party actively ignoring their issues or outright loving them over = racism

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Condiv posted:

not voting for dems is now immoral

ok

This makes more sense when you remember that most people here front about caring about an extremely small amount of victimized groups, largely because people from the Middle East/Africa/Central and South America have effectively no presence on these boards and thus 0 weight in their personal calculus of acceptable sacrifices.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Wait isn't Macron leading a full-scale attack on labor rights and trade unions

He is, which makes that dumbass personal attack telling as all gently caress.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

:psyduck:

Could you explain to me how complaining about a president destroying labor rights is FYGM

People have created a mental picture of Condiv as some dudebro making six figgies.

Ironically enough, this is largely perpetuated by posters actually making six figures.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm pretty sure condiv held the same opinions before Macron went all-in on loving him and his co-workers.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Most people with a functioning brain would, indeed, wonder what's happening when they notice they're losing people who formerly voted for them and maybe consider how to reverse that.

Unfortunately, for Democrats, shedding their voters is entirely intentional as part of the effort to replace the icky working class with wealthy moderate republicans.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

botany posted:

yeah i'm sure the fact that dems are now openly talking about UBI and single payer, and the fact that LGBTQ rights are now so entrenched that joy reids dumbass homophobia is a major scandal again is not indicative of dems considering how to reverse that trend

i'm sure the fact that trans women have been elected into high office is not indicative of dems trying to reverse that trend

i'm sure the fact that dem candidates like cynthia nixon are making their rejection of corporate donations and a call for election reform part of their platform is not part of that either

As VitalSigns effectively said, it would have been extremely nice if they had begun doing this work before they lost on literally every level of government possible.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"Push left in the primary, dumbass."

"The party is literally forcing leftists out of primaries."

"Oh, did you think they wouldn't resist, you dumbass?"

Great talk here.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

Look, I understand the point you're making, I've gone out of my way to defend Colin Kaepernick for not voting in the 2016 election on these very lines. But there are things that can't be undone later on the table as the result of that election, like as many as 120 lifetime appointed federal judges over the next two years if the Senate isn't retaken or some GOP cowards aren't terrified into inaction in November, or the years of time without State, EPA or HUDD being repaired by a different president after 2020.

If the party machinery is going to fight change, that sucks. But it's a problem that can be overcome in the long term with enough work. There are things happening right now that CAN'T be overcome in the long term if they're not stopped. I'm sure that makes you roll your eyes and say that's going to coincidentally be the case forever so it's a worthless argument to you, but all you have to do is look at what the alt-right psychotics have done in just two years to cripples certain institutions and turn their voting base against others that would have been unthinkable in the past. This is not a made-up crisis to scare people out of pushing the party left for "tactical," purposes, it's a real one. And even if the Democrats are worthless, they're all we've got to avert it. Staying home is nothing short of madness.

The time to avert it was years ago, is the thing.

Like, the idea is to kill these things before they get to this point where damage is being inflicted that will take decades to reverse even with radical change.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WampaLord posted:

If discussing national level politics, it's basically pointless to worry about individual votes.

This is the other thing, yes. People here attribute a very literal ton of weight to individual votes to the point of flipping the gently caress out if a poster is even mildly negative about something Dem-related because that single person might ruin everything. It's completely silly and what Ytalya was commenting on earlier.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This is some weird-rear end gaslighting you're doing.

Like for real, just sitting there trying to badger people into saying black people are stupid or uninformed and then when that didn't work just acting like they said it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

In what fantasy world are the people supposedly berating "lesser evil" voters in any way comparable in dickitude to "lesser evil" voters who literally go into a rage when someone implies that "lesser evil" isn't good enough.

Particularly when the "lesser evil" voters being shat on are, specifically, the ones willing to sell out anything and everything as long as it gets a D elected. Not captive loving demographics.

• Locked thread