Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Voting against a anti-abortion or gay rights candidate for a pro-choice and pro rights candidate? Heh, no thanks! haven't you heard? They are both sinners in my eyes.

voting for an anti-abortion and gay rights candidate on grounds the other guy is more anti-abortion and gay rights, though, is cool and good

wave hello, Tim Kaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

General Dog posted:

I think anyone invested enough to experience "emotional exhaustion" from the campaign probably voted

nah

there are plenty of people who got extremely tired of being told they had to give a poo poo about this or that latest story about how a vote for the other party is a vote for hitler.

that right there's emotional exhaustion; your capacity to care has been wholly exhausted. neither of these people are going to help you in any way. why give a poo poo.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

So it's the Democrats fault Republicans are capable of fabricating lies?

that they chose to push the version most susceptible to those lies, out of the illusion that health insurance companies would have their back in exchange for doing so, is most definitely their fault

it turns out accepting failure is an unproductive strategy for progress

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

There's no policy that can exist where a lie can't be told about it. Are you capable of understanding that?

Just consider how often Republicans lie about canadas healthcare.

indeed. so choosing to deliberately make healthcare policy worse, for fear republicans might say mean things about it, is a hopelessly pointless act of cowardice.

which should be punished.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the way the people who "supported daca" "would never abandon dreamers", that kind of support, yes

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

This thread gives me a newfound respect for Republicans who at least understand the basic causality between winning elections and implementing policy.

in that when they win elections, they attempt to implement policy

as opposed to democrats, whose immediate reaction on acquiring power is to try to come up with excuses for why implementing policy would be too haaaaard

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
you mean the one the dems gleefully consigned to the pyre without even bothering to put up a fight, yes

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
remember, kids, vote for democrats, on behalf of the dreamers!

*obligation runs in precisely one direction, democrats will still hurl brown people into the meat grinder in the name of convenience, anyone who complains about this is just being Insufficiently Realist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

botany posted:

🎵who gives a gently caress why as long as they do it🎵

the people who wish to see more of that behavior

next question

• Locked thread