Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Bought this on a whim after doing some more research and honestly it's not nearly as terrible as most say. The hunger thirst limits are manageable and the basic zombies really that difficult to deal with. Can't wait to get a bow and the clean water thing.

Though, why are there no ponytails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Calaveron posted:

You’re a soldier

So? In a universe with floating psychic guys, men on fire, and mechs, ponytails are hardly an unreasonable option.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

MP is quite fun. How do you get the blue circle items like Walker Gear?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Where do they appear though? I ordered some once, then couldn't find them.

To expand on this, I did a side mission to get a Gatling AA which I couldn't build. However I saw it on top of a wall overlooking a Wanderer path. Not sure if it appeared or someone built it.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Fneeb posted:

Assuming you did the side op and then dropped the materials back at the digger then they go into shared storage, so anyone that has the pattern could then build it.

I really want to play more multi, but the matchmaking is killing me. Do private matches (and using the discord) discriminate by region? Not sure what lag would be like if i'm UK and i'm connecting to US.

I think I got that from Tactical Support on the drill menu. The better question is can you only build the items if you have the design in single player?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Akuma posted:

Is
The extract the weapon mission? Just stay behind the big rock and put some fences up, the mortars won’t hit anything except wanderers.

Literally do this once the Mortars come out. They'll shell their own guys and as long as you stay out if sight, friendly fire will be very prevelent. It got real tense for me at the last 3 minutes as I was very low on health and out of grenades and mollies.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I can go fight the big mouth dude and I have a bunch of people, is that my next progression unlock?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Can you only benefit from the skills on purples if you're level 30 Survivor and no other class?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The Big Mouth side mission is gone after I tried it and got stomped. How do you make it come back?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The first base dig almost destroyed my base as I wasn't on when it happened. Be careful.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Double fencing is probably overkill, but if you like the look of it I won't judge. :3:

I do wish we had more freedom in base design. I get that limits need to be in place to prevent everything being walled off by turrets, but it would be nice to accommodate aesthetics and defense with a reasonable "budget".

Incidentally I'm really itchy to get back into Phantom Pain. Can I still safely ignore the base invasion stuff?

I've never gotten invaded ever and you don't need to do any PVP.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Back Hack posted:

Game has around 600 players world wide, games dead. :shrug:

While that's not really a surprise, PS4 multiplayer lobbies are still there. It's sad too because MP is really fun, wish it didn't get slammed by so many.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

How are people doing so much damage to the field bosses in multiplayer?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

So the premium boost doesn't affect multiplayer?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Bragging rights, and completely eliminates the damage penalty on bosses (you're looking at a 90% hit even at level 62...) - killing one in multiplayer grants you a third of the energy needed for an S rank.

Not vital by any means.

You know, you say this, but I've never gotten an S rank on hard without killing the boss. When you speed up the drill do others need to do that too?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

night slime posted:

The plot actually ends up pretty cool by the end.

I got a cool drill hammer that does 650 damage. On the co-op stage wall where all the loadouts are displayed it had the damage as like 920.

Hammer is real good if you can catch a group with the charge attack.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Explosive ammunition is a lie to keep me playing multiplayer.

Change my mind.

Grenade arrows aren't that good.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

No no, explosive ammo, not grenade arrows. Explosive ammo hits twice with 150% damage on each pellet. It lacks the faster degradation of over pressured ammo.

Oh wow, that seems pretty amazing. Maybe one day I'll get it if RNG plays nice.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

What's the actual event? Rescue or wave based?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Specifically, airport with set spawn points, but a LOT of them. Higher difficulties pump out an almost constant stream of special zombies - Mortars pop in every fifteen seconds or so on Extreme.

Even easy has something ridiculous like 18 wanderer spawns at once.

This is going to be fun! I am enjoying this game's MP way too much.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

night slime posted:

It only costs 1000 battle points, you can get it with two S ranks.

Yeah honestly you can probably get everything you want with a couple sessions, even sooner if you have a booster. A hard S rank awards 1300 points with a boost. And you don't even have to fight a boss!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Am I to assume that all the legendary yellow gear comes out of the extreme difficulty?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Looks like they added a new event with a very odd head reward.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Seemlar posted:

Nice quality of life change for Base Digs, 24 hour timer dropped to 22 hours and now you trigger all phases manually, no more having to make sure you're offline if you want to auto-resolve (or you can personally defend it whenever you want instead of being on a deadline)

Capacity has been rebalanced too, my Level 3 base dropped from 100% in use to 85% so I could finally fit advanced buildings without compromising defenses

This is a real nice change.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Manual defend is easy. Use fire arrows, throw some grenades, fire your gun a bit, and plop down a bunch of auto turrets before starting. I'm at defence 4 and I haven't had much of an issue.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Aww yeah I got Ricky.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

It's really weird how addictive it is. Hopefully they add a couple new maps and maybe another enemy type soon.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Honestly I think this game is good. Not great, not amazing, and nothing really groundbreaking but it's not anything like the YouTube celebs reported it as. I put in a bunch if time, enjoyed the events, and got my character almost to 69 on a class. Hopefully Konami will release more content and maybe even an expansion eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Safeword posted:

There are now Metal Gear Solid 4 Gekkos as enemies, and Metal Gear Rex can be piloted as a heavy tactical support option. I haven't played the game in a very long time, but some of these additions are kind of odd as Konami would have had to create entirely new assets for them.

God forbid they actually have to make new assets instead of recycling. I would happily reinstall if they actually added some new stuff.

• Locked thread