Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I just started this game up and after beginning construction of my imperials army, my wallet is not happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

hoiyes posted:

Yeah, fat boba is confirmed for Rebels.

ARC nerf was fair, they were toxic. They just needed to go back down in price.

Yoda is probably the most fun you can have playing Legion, followed by cackling and playing Palpatine.

my plan is to just shout "UNLIMITED POWEERRR" every time I cast force lightning

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This game has turned me into a monster and I've decided to get into painting these figures. Does anyone have a recommendation about decent paint sets that they've used? specifically for the core set of imperials and the imperials expansion. I was looking at just buying the paint sets from the Fantasy flight games but I've read that citadel color is better?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

alright cool. my local comic/game shop I believe actually has a decent selection of citadel paints, I'll probably see what colors are used in the fantasy flight specific paint and try to just grab what I need.

I'm not artistic at all, these will probably turn out horrible but they can be the disaster im proud of I suppose.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My imperial troops ran into a bunch of angry, furry beasts. One was holding a bomb.

I did not win this melee round.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Anyone have good recommendations of a solid commander/operative combination that doesn't absolutely destroy your point count for the galactic empire?
Going palpatine/vader is nearly half of your points allocation with two units, along with having imperial guards to stick close to palpatine to provide a bit of support for his fragile rear end, and vader being amazing in some ways, but not others. I'm fully aware that the imperial troops are some of, if not the most expensive units in the game but I feel like my units are so brittle in comparison to the theorycrafting I come up with in my head with the other factions.

My last round I rolled with palpatine and Boba Fett, which worked out super well given the mission was to sabotage the enemy's base, but getting more than 7 activations (had 8) required limiting a few of my units to being straight up barebone troopers. poo poo, if I wanted to go just as an imperial officer that's 45 points for a commander, albeit worthless in comparison to every other commander at my disposal.

I'm considering trying out Krennic and having Vader as my operative, allowing me to throw a bunch more fodder/beefed up troops to not get overwhelmed by a ton of enemies.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Alright cool. I noticed my first game that crafting something without trying it out is a massive difference in terms of actual gameplay than what I expect. I'll try a few of these out and give em a shot. thanks!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

yeah you can fit iden, krennic, inferno, deaths, 2 ISF and enough naked troopers to make 10 acts for your 4 SF tactical strike. i'm not sure it's a good idea but it's definitely a funny one

Sounds like it would be entertaining at the least. I still need to purchase a few more of the expansions to actually be able to do that.

poo poo, I honestly need to just buckle down and start painting. It was annoying going "wait..which troopers are these? are these stormtroopers? Or are these my shoretroopers? mother gently caress"

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Very nice. I'm going to do my first figurine painting on some basic stormtroopers here soon, try and get into some texturing/shading with them, followed by my AT-ST. My signature pieces like boba fett and vader I'd rather wait after I get some experience painting so I don't absolutely botch the gently caress out of them.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

I really hate painting stormtroopers since it's just getting a plain white surface (spray primer helps) and then doing a bunch of finicky details on the face which I inevitably gently caress up and make them look like clowns; and the paint scheme isn't even interesting visually or technically

Oh, mine will not turn out well, but they'll have the concept of being stormtrooper like.

Sort of like if the imperial army was on a budget crunch and went with the lowest bidder for armor...which happened to be Skilcraft

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

smug jeebus posted:

Y'know, you can paint them whatever color you like. Don't worry about resale value, this game's not popular enough for that.

Fully aware, figure I'll just go with what strikes the mood. There's no desire to sell these anyways, it's just a fun way for me to relax with friends and scratches that tabletop/star wars itch.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Fortunately I'm only gonna have two sets of stormtroopers, painting those white will be fine.

imperial guards will be fun in red, death troopers being black.. and then of course painting the loving at-st. Maybe I should do like, fire decals on the sides and throw a NOS sticker on the back

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This is the stupidest list I've made but god damnit I'm going to try.

only 8 activations

-Darth Vader
-Iden Versio (treated as non commander)
-shoretrooper
-Stormtrooper x2
-DF-90 mortar
-Imperial special forces
-SF inferno squad

Rolling with a starting command card of Darkness Descends.

Basically Just mass forming vader, Iden, SF unit and Inferno squad with infiltrate, while the stormtroopers/shore and mortar troop do their thing.

Is it going to fail in epic fashion? yes. But I can only hope that for maybe 1-2 rounds those who I play against poo poo their pants if I can capitalize on objectives

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm frantically painting my empire units up so I can procrastinate for the Shadow collective to drop.

I think my imperial guards turned out decent for a person who probably at the clay in art school rather than making a bowl

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just ordered a bunch of shadow collective units, so I will now have an empire list along with a shadow collective list.

Regarding mercs: I did see that boba Fett isnt playable with a pure shadow collective unit, however I'm under the assumption that he's essentially being...replaced? With Mando once that unit is released?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

hoiyes posted:

I wouldn't count on new Mando being playable by shadow collective either, given they included the equally unreleased but announced swoop bikes on the force organisation chart. Cad bane and Bossk are no slouches and nuBoba is a really excellent piece for Empire, who have a good gunline but can struggle with objective play.

Yeah, boba has absolutely won me a few games solely base on him writing off any terrain impediment and speed 3. I'm glad he finally got a small but needed damage increase as well, but it's a shame that he can't be used by shadow collective.

I like bossk, but he is so squishy which is unfortunate. And I've never played cas bane, so that'll be fun too.

It would be nice for an additional bounty hunter in the ever growing quiver of bounty hunter, alas I shouldn't complain with what's currently available

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 3, 2022

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Ugleb posted:

I imagine Fennic is on the way as we know they are doing Boba with gaffi stick.

Yeah I thought there was another boba Fett being released at some point that was going to be for the shadow collective units....

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Foolster41 posted:

Palp and the guard gang table ready, I'm playing in a few hours.

Huh, beef loin Is on Sale

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

regarding Shadow Collective:

What do you see people running currently as far as shadow collective units/purchasing right off the bat?

Right now, I have:
-2x pyke foot soldiers
-2x black sun enforcers
-2x mandalorian super commandos

I own all the commanders/operatives for the faction, and eagerly awaiting to buy 2 of the swoop bike rider units.

My plan is to run a pure shadow collective faction, I'm just not seeing a huge justification for buying more than two units collectively, but it seems like in the beginning many people are running 3 mandalorian super commandos. Is it worth right off the bat just buying more of each of these? I have a gut feeling that more units are going to be released as time goes on, making 3x of any unit not really feasible.... that being said, 3x mandalorian super commandos actually seems pretty sexy.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

A bunch of lists I've seen want like 4 Pykes which makes me extremely not interested in playing them

Yeah, I am honestly just considering holding out for a while and waiting until more core units drop along with special forces units and so fourth. None of the core troops really entice me the way that running 3x stormtroopers does just given that they roll whites for defense and aren't really the greatest in terms of combat, albeit not "horrible."

I'm not planning on entering tournaments at this time so it's not like I'm trying to build a competition based army, but would like to win against my buddies and other individuals in non competition battles.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 25, 2022

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Has there been any discussion about adding units to the shadow collective faction? Or have they essentially said there not adding to any of the battle force sets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Shadow Collective isn't intended to be a full faction, just a specific theme list incorporating generic mercs and some unique units. I could see them adding a few units here or there but wouldn't expect major changes.

drat, yeah thats what I thought. I hadn't read too much into battle force and all that got released beyond shadow collective... But messing around with some list builders it looked as if ewoks were going into the merc pool, alas I was quite wrong.

Suppose I'll just keep funneling all my money into my empire army.