Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

its because WOTC wants $$$$$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I posted on the other thread that those dudes would try that sort of stuff. I warned ya!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Fortunately for us no one plays Strike, so we're in the clear

If it makes you feel better it's one of the two TRPGs I paid money for this decade

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Pretty much the only pantheon that's anywhere near as clearly delineated as the typical TTRPG example is the Greek one. And even that is largely due to two layers of obsessive categorization and rationalization (first the Academy and then the Romans) that came in long after the basic structure of the mythos was laid out.

You'd think Hinduism would be more categorized now since it's the largest polytheistic religion that managed to survive until today but I guess the fact that there is no central authority for it makes it hard.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Rob Zombie's Dragula aesthetic

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They use Mako energy, not diesel

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

The first disk is the best part of the game and the whole game would've been better if it all took place in Midgar, anyways.

But yes, it's cyberpunk. Select parts of FF6 would be far closer to dieselpunk.

Well go play Crisis Core then

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Capfalcon posted:

I can see the Houses as burgeoning Megacorps angle, since one of the big things in Eberron is that the fracturing of the Five Nations strengthened the power of the Houses versus the Nations. During the war, none of the nations could really stand up to any given House, as that house would just threaten to cut them off from their vital war services if they did anything funny. After the war, House Scions are openly flouting a lot of the pre-war laws on what Houses are and aren't allowed to do, and basically daring the nations to do something about it. On top of that, most of the houses were happy to work as war profiteers, especailly Cannith and Deneith, the literal "Private Law Enforcement and Mercenary House." They even have their own private representative body in the Twelve where the houses deal with grievances internally, largly cutting out the justice system of the Nations.

So, yeah, I don't think Houses as Megacorps is much of a stretch.

Bringing this back around to TG industry, I wonder if DND would ever do something like a "Historic D&D Settings Primer" book, which had, say, 25 pages on a D&D setting and another 15 pages on setting specific rules. You could package... let's say, Eberron, Birthright, Planescape, Spelljammer, and Dark Sun.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Technically, House Deneith is the only dragonmarked house that has a full, open standing army since that's their whole deal is. It was part of the agreements set up after the War of the Mark that no other houses would maintain their own military force. The big issue is that those rules have started being bent by the other houses over the period of the Last War. House Tharashk has started offering up mercenary groups of monstrous humanoids thanks to their ties to Droaam, and a few other houses are quietly but obviously building up forces, too. The houses are also supposed to be slightly distanced from the royal families of the continent of Khorvaire, and if there's any intermarrying then one side is supposed to give up all claim to their family's fortune and political ties, but people are also doing that a lot less. Like a lot of other elements in Eberron, they're clearly right on the precipice of transforming into full-blown international megacorps, and will probably go that way without PC intervention.

Cat putting down newspaper: I should run Eberron.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

If not GUMSHOE, the upcoming Ars Magica game based on GUMSHOE.

Pardon??????

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I think it's called Tales of the Quaesitores, or something.

Thank you. So glad that line is still getting cool new stuff.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seems there's only one way to see if Pathfinder 2 is good or bad. Someone start a goon playtest

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Good news, FGC, Them Fighting Herds is coming and it's having simplified controls.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Trying to convince people to play a fantasy RPG that isn't D&D or Path is like trying to convince a child than some off brand superhero toy is just as good as their Superman or Iron Man action figure.

So what, you saying that non D&D/Pathfinder games are crap that's full of chinese lead paint?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The first was the only one on theater

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Maybe that dude's point is that tabletop devs and people who work on TRPGs as a whole don't have a strong union like the SAG and are paid in peanuts because of that???

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Unstoppable?

,branded unfuckable. So keep me in this cage, until you run that mouth. Then I'mma have the plague, and break the gently caress out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

On a serious note, I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that Pendragon and Ars Magica are getting translated to Portuguese and released in Brazil. As I consider them to be very niche games I did not expected it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Uno has sold 150 million copies despite being Crazy Eights with a few other cards added

They are making Uno 2: Dos

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bleach had the shittiest last fight because Kubo spent like twenty chapters with the secondary characters mopping up the giant squad of bodyguards the last villain had and ended up with only two chapters for the main villain vs protagonist

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FordCQC posted:

Yeah but Bleach is like a whole 'nother level of anime tits.

It isn't at all. If anything it's moderate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Side note, if you think the big issue with Myfarog is 'it's not very good' as opposed to 'it is written by a literal Nazi and murderer' you got some problems.

I actually think a man who has de facto stabbed someone to death and has a deep knowledge of Paganistic Asatru in theory is the best person to write a Viking TRPG from personal experience, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case with MyFarog.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Varg also set fire to a church like the raiders of Lindesfarne spent a decade inside the tough life of the Norwegian Prison system, one of the most brutal in the planet, which turned him into a hardened man, perhaps even as rugged as Ragnar Lothbrok himself. The man is a modern Viking, and Nazi or not I trust him to know Vikingness.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Loomer posted:

Whole lotta nazis gonna be horrified when they rock up at Valhalla's gate only to find that most of the dudes inducted there over the last 40 years are African, Asian or Middle Eastern, and Odin only had 'em brought over so he could laugh at them for being little bitches.

Meanwhile inside the guys who died in the fighting of the last decades: "Hey when I said I wanted an eternity with 40 virgins I didn't mean my former squadmates."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

They absolutely shouldn't be, but they are also literally the only people it could possibly appeal to. Well them and adults who haven't grown since middle school.

Terrible Opinions.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He's right to be so. Respect Stafford.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah, Pendragon has support for diversity; it just wants you to, like, play Arthurian stories, and won't really support you if you want to play things that...aren't Arthurian stories.

*Smiles Kinoko Nasuishily*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

This is why I prefer shonen that plans things out and shows its work, like Bleach

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I still think Nobilis works for statting Servants

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LeSquide posted:

Fascinating! Could you give an example? How about Cu Lancer?

Lemme find Fool of Sounds PBP most people did OCs but someone made FGO Helena

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jiren ftw because he's the goddamn Ayy Lmao alien as the strongest fucker on the multiverse

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

theironjef posted:

Just to be clear, that's the anime that made Alexandre Dumas look like a checkerboard-teeth Niles Crane white dude, right? It's like, straight up some racist poo poo?

I don't know man.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Angrymog posted:

Going back to Shonen fight stuff, suprised there's been no mention of Saint Seiya.

Each character has a set of themed powers, and fights against evenly matched (or the generally protagonists vs. anyone) opponents tend to turn into power loophole vs. power loophole.

What dude every fight with Pegasus is him getting his rear end kicked for two episodes until he goes "haha you can't use the same move against a saint twice" even though his Pegasus meteor that didn't work the first time is what beats the bad guy once he uses it again. Or it's Shiryuu ripping off his cloth armor and beating the bad guy which makes his armor honestly useless (I still love Saint Seiya though it was my first Anime)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Who's the Harvey Weinstein of tabletop gaming?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Last Jedi was real bad dude

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

He did answer the person's question at least, presumably honestly

A commendable attitude from the shilling brand account that had a loving hashtag on the username, indeed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

if we're signing posts can we also bring back userbars

Looks good to me

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Firing someone for personal Twitter behavior is dumb in first place. Unless you are saying the same kind of poo poo as Roseanne Barr or actively trying to slander someone else or commit perjury you should not be punished from your words but twitter culture has become so hostile that people actively try to find any material that can be used to snitch on someone and ruin their livelyhood for petty grievances.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sion posted:

y i k e s

I kind of wish there was a gothic game like vampire that I could support that wasn't made by people that were real fuckin' lovely. What's the cross over with Onyx Path on this? Am I gonna have to feel bad about giving them money for Scion?

edit - answered at the bottom of the post, thank gently caress.

Just buy the 90s game from ebay

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The big question regarding whether I will buy stuff from White Wolf or not is this. Will they bring back Sam Haight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Sam Haight is back.

Sam Haight's new catchphrase is 'blood and soil' and 'the wolves will not replace us'.

Kai Tave posted:

Yes, but in this version instead of being really mad at werewolves he's mad about immigrants.

So does that mean he's skinning Honduran people alive and wearing their skins???