Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

whydirt posted:

Where did the meme of calling it Starfinger come from?

The Legion of Superheroes villain, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Darwinism posted:

So 2E AD&D had the player's options books that were very polarizing and morphed into 3E and 3E had Bo9S (and Star Wars: Saga to be fair) that was similarly polarizing and morphed into 4E and 4E had Essentials which was, again, polarizing and turned into 5E we must now put bets on what 5E release will be turned into 6E.

Whatever it is, it will probably be buried in a megadventure

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Liquid Communism posted:

Interesting. Think they can foist someone on him to actually write working rules to go with his worldbuilding?

Haha lol

My hope is that he doesn't do too much damage to CoC and RQ. I've really been enjoying the new versions of them, I don't need large sections about how if the players forget that Glorantha is a cube and not round Orlanth should appear and slay the PCs

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Lord_Hambrose posted:

This is fair. I am honestly surprised that they do anything other than just grind out Cthullu editions every few years that all seem the same to me.

That's what they did from like the late 90s until a couple years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

moths posted:

Wasn't Chaosium on death's door like three years ago? I remember the 7th edition Call of Cthulhu mess nearly ruined them.

Greg Stafford and Sandy Petersen returned to reorganize after the CoC 7e ks failures. They merged Chaosium with Moon Design Publications, the people who were running Glorantha and did all the Guide and HeroQuest stuff, who ultimately took control of the company. They've been well managed and stable since then.