Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

PST posted:

The well known rapist has effectively admitted that it was him who privately messaged about Evil Hat & Green Ronin.

Has gone on to show that we can add him to the Ty Beard hall of fame of people who don't understand defamation laws in the US.

Where at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Lumbermouth posted:

Yeah, I'll totally sign an affidavit that Zak S is a big loving loser, gimme a goddamned pen.

Yeah I found this poo poo shortly after posting, and I would totally sign a legal document about what a feeb he is.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

So regarding my posts in Cthulhu Thread, I know Tenkar sucks a bunch of cocks, but his article actually provides context and the link to the Podcast with Matt Dawkins defending his Pedo VtM Pregen and mentioning his games frequently touch on pedophilia: https://www.tenkarstavern.com/2017/06/what-hell-is-going-on-with-new-vampire.html

There's apparently "context" and it got scrubbed later, but I know I've read Dawkins brag that he puts pedophilia storylines in even his convention games, and so I'm like

Super annoyed he's working with Chaosium now.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

Wow this is gross. Remember when the devs were trying to downplay how that sample PC was totally not a coded pedophile?

Yeah apparently said PC is not in the rules now or something, but I wish I remembered less about the VtM5 launch. I was in the former-OPP rabblerouser crowd at the time so I got the second-by-second playback, with an added side of guilting people.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Kurieg posted:

Dawkins was also the guy who created the "Dude what shoots eggs out his dick and if you eat the eggs you also shoot eggs out your dick until you tear your dick off." in that one Beast supplement, which was apparently something that was rejected from a Cthulu Mythos book... so hearing he works for Chaosium now makes a whole lot of sense.

Jengus Christler.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Kurieg posted:

I mean, in all likelihood Swedracula hired him because he was controversial. Angry press is still press and he's a time traveller from 1990 when putting a vampire with a strapon on the cover of your book meant you were being progressive.

As someone who's been eviscerated by the WoD Stan Squad who says WoD was NEVER as bad as V5, bless you for this post.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

FMguru posted:

Doesn't work? Then how can you explain this?!?

https://twitter.com/Papa_Shell/status/1174806883254898691

Checkmate, tankie :smug:

Fixed that for ya

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I'm sure you've all seen LOTFP's incredibly dumb "Play The Aristocrats with us at Dragonmeet and we'll give you holla holla get British pounds" twitter post

https://twitter.com/LotFP/status/1197744352493109248

However, having looked at it around four times now, I only just realized it's a trace of the cover to Blue Oyster Cult's classic 1981 album Fire Of Unknown Origin (rejected as a soundtrack to the original Heavy Metal film, except for the track Veteran of the Psychic Wars) and not literally just the actual cover.

A fire of unknown origin
Informed my baby of my creepy behavior online
A fire of unknown origin
Tried to get it through to me that she wasn't my baby but was in fact a person I was stalking to build a multi-hundred-dollar empire using her likeness

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

DalaranJ posted:

Now that they no longer have the license for TOR, I got to preview their new system 'The No Ring', but it's just not the same. I can't recommend it, 2/10.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO RINGS!!! EHEEEHEEEHEEEHEEEHEEHEE

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Kurieg posted:

Where does Ringy fit into God's plan for us?

"You'd better not cast the ring into the flames of Mount Doom..."
"Or you'll be the first to die!"

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Arivia posted:

The Forge gave us PARANOIA XP (the best version of PARANOIA), and it especially gave us Extreme PARANOIA, which opened my eyes to what light, narrative-first gaming could be like. I STILL want to run the department store salesmen game someday, which is basically PARANOIA Retail Magic.

Wait, did it really? Paranoia XP (but the version with the XP not there any more) was my first RPG as GM and still one of my all-time favorites. I adore that game.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Toshimo posted:

Allegedly.

I heard it was a sick Jared.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I've been having a lot of really bad anxiety/feelings about this whole situation and like

Full disclosure: I have beef with Olivia Hill and usually think bad things about her when I think about her at all.

But I used to look up to her before that, and I know she's good at saying things that are good for survivors, or at least cathartic in their viciousness.

So I went to see what she said about this in hopes that it would be Just Like Old Times.

https://twitter.com/machineiv/status/1245766223800881153

Instead she validated all the bad thoughts by making it about her and her opinions and her game she wrote (buy it with money!!)

Friends, I would like to say I have it in me to be caustic and sarcastic about this, but I don't. I'd like to say this gives me the energy to do a victory lap, but it doesn't do that either. It just makes me very sad. Whatever happened between the Good Times and the Bad Times seems to be there to stay.

EDIT: Not removing this because the genie's already out of the bottle but this was an emotionally charged rant rather than a logical/accurate thing to say and I am The Big Idiot for having said it in the first place. Disregard.

sasha_d3ath fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Apr 3, 2020

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Hel posted:

Isn't that just her saying that tools are just tools and not some kind of panacea and can in fact be used badly? Pointing out that her opinion on it was already out there and in fact quoting it so you don't need to buy her book doesn't seem very much like making it all about her and selling her product? Especially not when everyone else also has their take on it.

"Why use rules if people will use them badly??" isn't a very helpful maxim at this moment in time, and posting a couple of paragraphs of your book and calling it generosity is like saying Star Wars is generous because the trailers are sizzle reels (which she, admittedly, is not doing, but I still find the BUY MY BOOK! nature of it slightly hard to discount).

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Maltose posted:

Posting a bit of your book for free, to show it’s something you’ve thought about and talked about before the current situation, is absolutely something only the most craven of capitalist would do to make money of tragedy.

It’s also a pretty bad faith reading to say that her argument is that we shouldn’t use these rules when the first sentence of that tweet and the pulled quote directly says the opposite?

Yeah I'm gonna be real, having been called on it twice I took yet another look and it turns out I entirely dyslexia'd my way into her saying she DOESN'T believe in safety tools. I'm still kind of hosed up by the "some of the worst game experiences I've had are from safety tools" thing, but I was mostly wrong here. Ignore me, it's been an emotionally crippling 18 hours for me as I exemplified here.

EDIT: In more explicit terms: I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have done that in the first place. I'll try keep in mind for the future that engaging with people you already distrust when you're in panic mode is pretty much a one-way track to finding something you dislike.

sasha_d3ath fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 3, 2020

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Maltose posted:

To be fair to Olivia, there have been times where I have had miserable experiences because I was unable to use safety mechanics (it’s hard to discuss lines and veils when even mentioning some things would reveal trauma that I don’t want to bring up with semi-strangers in the first place) and the inability to engage with them was misread as consent. It’s a legitimate problem that is perpendicular to the discussion at hand but I can certainly understand having that happen.

I guess what super gets me is that making it about the safety tools /directly/ buys into the abuser in question's narrative that it was about the safety tools, plus an added layer of "You can read about it in my book, here's a screenshot of my book that this is in (implicitly: buy my book)" that's there whether it was intended or not. I went in expecting words of support for the survivors of condemnation of Koebel or just fuckin anything, but instead it was more talk of safety tools.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Kemper Boyd posted:

https://twitter.com/vartian/status/1252425810696232961

Apparently, LotFP ain't doing so hot (the tweeter is using Zak's blog as a source, mind you).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

https://twitter.com/funtasticFunman/status/1278938094855741440

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

https://twitter.com/funtasticFunman/status/1280318593113165825

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

https://twitter.com/funtasticFunman/status/1281097253441110018?s=20

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I feel like my bones are melting and I feel every atom as it becomes glue.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

I wonder if there's anyone in the industry that's as clued-in to this guy's sleaziness as we are and would have been willing to tell him to gently caress off they ever got tagged-in, piracy argument be damned

That would require an industry that's substantially lower on moral cowardice than ours.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

theironjef posted:

Still though, what's overconfidence specifically in this context?

A slow and insidious killer.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Way back when I used Feng Shui 2 to run a VERY SUCCESSFUL but still-unfinished Fist of the North Star sequel series game, I did every intro as if it was the "Previously on Dragonball Z..." thing 80s and 90s dubbed anime did. I might still have those somewhere.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

theironjef posted:

Three hundo and they're gonna send you a sticker sheet. I hope people who bought this also got the elephant issue and the tiger poster.

"Grognards like D&D too because it keeps their mind off death."

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

deleted. gently caress you people.

sasha_d3ath fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 11, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

loving MASSIVE GROGS.TXT ALERT:

ZAK PUT OUT AN OSR THING ABOUT AFRICA.

IT'S ON HIS PLAYING D&D BLOG.

DON'T GO LOOK AT IT.

ETA: actual good advice

sasha_d3ath fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 25, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I should bring my hard time in the F&F mines on the Discord doing that "gay smut banned by WotC" Curse of Hearts thing, but that's soooo much copy and paaaaaasting

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Lumbermouth posted:

I don’t know why, but the part that upset me the most is him still taking ownership over the god that Mandy created for her cleric character :(

I think the reason is very obvious. What a oval office.

And yeah Froghammer has the right of it, I went back and added practical advice

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Also why is "there's less of it" a point against D&D's favor

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I guess the real Candlekeep Mysteries were what the adventure was even about in the first place along the way.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

There's always that nonbinary Sasha De'ath/Tristan cat, who does some dumb poo poo like grimDARK, plus a bunch of Mork Borg stuff. You should go leave them bad reviews.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Rhandhali posted:

More board games, but Shaun Varsos, the shipping manager for Van Ryder Games and wife beater, murdered his ex wife and her mother. He got shot by one of them in the process, then proceeded to drive away and eat his own gun.

Jesus loving God.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Some of those quotes just sound like he's running Curse of Hearts or the Book of Queer Villains.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

A lawyer had to tell another lawyer the exact words of a man who looks and lives like he method acted a goth drug dealer for a community theatre walk-on and then never got out of character

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt0dflSPD5o

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

You can't just put them in skulls? Pretty sure there's a famous thing out there about skulls and baddies.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Or gently caress it, like someone else said, quit puzzling about how to make your PCs kill more often :\

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

A page or two old now, but yeah Jared being a poo poo, and his friends joining him, and then Daniel Sell cheering them on via (now-deleted) subtweets completely killed the entire Troika vibe for me, and I had PILES of stuff written for it - I'm STILL looking for a game that's that stupid simple to make content for but still inspire me. gently caress!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

Excuse me, but I prefer all of my spellcasting and dragon-slaying done realistically, which means there's no gay people acting gayly.

Or gaily for that matter - if they enjoy themselves, they get put to the sword.