Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Just make it so that the supplies you use for your special ammo are supplies they use for something else, and you have to repurpose it. It's hard to find the right kind of dildo, because most enemy troopers are into sounding, and it takes time and skill to drain the fluid reservoir from one when you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Does Battlelore fit the bill? The only problem, of course, being that they don't make it any more.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

This is only tangentially related, but does anyone have(or can point me to the right place to ask for) a link to a good and current rundown of the Mignogna allegations? I'm feeling like I need to arm myself because my local Con has:

A) Announced him as a guest, and

B) Apparently been deleting comments from women voicing their concern about this,

And I need more facts before I send my "disappointed and disgusted and what do you mean no refunds?" email.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Thank you. I'm in an odd space with this, since the women who run the Con and the cosplayers who are starting to organize a boycott because of what's going on are all acquaintances from outside the Con, and I do volunteer work during the event itself.

There is nothing in that article that doesn't make Mignogna sound like a pest.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

OH gently caress THIS

Passive Aggressive Bullshit posted:

"We've been asked about deleting comments and we want to make sure that we're being clear about what HawaiiCon is about and how we view our interactions at our con and on this page, which is an extension of us. Two things here: The first is specific to this thread. Everything on this thread is being recorded by someone, and will likely wind up in court (As many know, Vic is taking legal action.) We don't want to or need to be part of that, and moreover, some folks were posting some things that are slander per se, and probably weren't thinking of the legal consequences of their actions. If they want to edit and repost, they can, but we will continue to remove anything that could put us or them in harms way. That has been our commenting policy across HawaiiCon, in person or online, and is not related to any one issue.....The second is that HawaiiCon, in person or in the ether, is not a place for anything but the building up of others, the fandom and our community. We control that pretty tightly by the kind of programming that we put out. ...This page is an extension of us, so we're sticking by that. If a person feels moved to say something that doesn't build up the con, our guests, or our attendees, there are plenty of forums for that, and we're not going to say that a person is wrong for that...but not here in our space. If a longtime supporter is concerned about anything....from the food trucks, to the proper costume to wear on the waterslide, to the ratio of science to comics programming.....we want to hear, but we want to hear in a proper way that reflects the values of our culture and our con. .....Send us a DM, send an email, or pick up the phone and call. ... discretely, with aloha. That's Big Island style, right? If that gets me nowhere and it's worth the potential damage to relationships and the convention, then maybe I should consider being publicly critical. Maybe not, depending upon my priorities. ....Mahalo for thinking about the best ways to keep the HawaiiCon Ohana cohesive and operating in the interest of our community, AND for giving us an opportunity to explain our desire to protect the organization that we love so much."

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Jared Keeso on Letterkenny seems alright.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

I guess what super gets me is that making it about the safety tools /directly/ buys into the abuser in question's narrative that it was about the safety tools, plus an added layer of "You can read about it in my book, here's a screenshot of my book that this is in (implicitly: buy my book)" that's there whether it was intended or not. I went in expecting words of support for the survivors of condemnation of Koebel or just fuckin anything, but instead it was more talk of safety tools.

It seems to me that since Kobel claimed that a lack of safety tools in place lead him to do this, she's claiming that having them would not necessarily have stopped him from carrying out that sort of abusive behavior. She is in fact not letting him make it about the safety tools, and saying that he is too predatory a person for them to have made a difference. Which, yeah, such measures assume people are acting in good faith.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

SkySteak posted:

This has always been an awkward part of players making skaven characters to be honest. I get that they are meant to be a divinely driven race of monstrous but goofy self destructive fascist ratmen, but that is really hard to embody for a workable PC and many people miss the fascist aspect of them anyway. One of the Warhammer RPGs, for its skaven sourcebook, describes playing a skaven PC as playing someone with 'no redeeming qualities' and to be cool as a group with selfish backstabbing. It's all well and good saying that but I don't think I have ran into any group which would be OK with that on a persistent basis, and even skaven themed one shots (including here) don't really end in any meaningful (and lore fitting) undercutting or backstabbing. You're not intended to be invested in skaven characters based on any positive traits but at the same time, they're they feel conceivably 'human' enough whilst being basically all evil that as said, it feels awkward.

Okay, but what if you re-skinned Paranoia to be about a Skaven warren?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

moths posted:

Arby's is selling polyhedral dice with little cowboy hats in them and the Arby's logo as the max number.

What the gently caress, this is real?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

*MAR Barker seated across from me vomits up decades of holocaust denial at my feet*

"That's a real Nazi habit you've got there."

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

In an interview, he talked about how he had to re-structure sentences he was dictating, because he flat-out couldn't find a word. Absolutely heart-breaking.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The Culture probably makes a good setting for tabletop RPGs as well. Resources are just sort of handwaved away, you have the somewhat inscrutable Minds running things, most of the conflict happens at the edge of things.

Ohhh, that's Lancer.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

So, an update, but not a statement of any kind. I mean, good that they did it, but this is the lamest possible way to go about it.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

now hold on just a drat second

paid GMs, fishing guides, and sex workers have done nothing to deserve to get lumped in with telephone psychics :v:

Well I would never use a telephone psychic that wasn't already part of my polycule.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Megazver posted:

I haven't paid too much attention to the whole thing, but I got the impression that Jamison was doing like 90% of the rear end in a top hat things and she was just kinda there, not doing anything about it. If she actually breaks up with him, I can see her coming back after some apologies.

Good job, you've gotten exactly the impression they wanted you to get.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Just use the spreadsheet I guess.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LJSnMJPYrhiMeGf43eunqcALfUPqH8o0EXpYTI3HrMs/edit?usp=sharing

Roll a d65, "Ooh look what you got! copy and paste that to your character sheet."

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I mean, it seems like an obvious choice for merchandise, just in a venue most of the world doesn't have. The fact that tie-in sets like this aren't available in Target or whatever domestically looks to me like a big ol' blunder, along with the fact that Hasbro is licensing out plush toys for this. Not on par with the lack of Baby Yoda merch when Mandalorian first came out, but the same idea.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Should have gone with The Hammer and the Stake for that bundle instead.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Drakyn posted:

I never looked into DOS2 but the first one was one of the very first video games I'd voluntarily started playing that I chose to not finish, because it felt like every single word in the game had been filled with jellied smarminess. I don't remember a bear loving anyone. Did I miss a bear loving someone? There was a cat that was also an archmage who shapeshifted but I'm pretty sure he either didn't gently caress anyone or was only interested in loving people shaped like the same species as he was at the time.

The gently caress dude? Do not gently caress a cat! Even if he looks like a person now. Conversely, do not transform into a cat so you can gently caress real cats! Couple dudes like loving each other and one of them looks like a bear some of those times, not my problem.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

It means he's only in SAG so he can work SAG gigs. His first press release screamed libertarian small-business tyrant.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

It's the real McCoy for me, though I can't get any images to load after the first ten or so.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

??

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I don't see why people want to play characters with blue eyes or green eyes! Are there seriously any stories you can't tell playing a brown-eyed character?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

He's pointing out that it's young, yeah.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

That entire rant just reinforces the truth of the "Mayhap you have slandered me with that ad hominem!" tweet. The person who wrote that seems incredibly unpleasant to be around.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

So has anyone actually read the book this discussion is supposedly about, or are people just trying to get catharsis by venting about past elf games trauma?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

So really the analogue is:

"Thanks for buying the new edition of my board game! I know some of you got all the expansions for the previous edition, and you want to throw them in. Well I can't guarantee that'll work very well, but here are some rules you might try to make that work. But really, you do you."

loving hell. What a thing to get angry about, such a coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Hey, I have some friends I'm trying to convince to play a GMless run of Starforged. Nice to see you here.